Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45

Author Topic: Magicka 2: Learn to spell.....AGAIN. Research before you buy.  (Read 88519 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Magicka - I don my Wizzard's hat and robe
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2011, 09:24:54 pm »

Played a round in the arena on lunch break.  Was shooting lightning + ice + arcane beam at some monsters, and teammate ran through the beam with personal shield on.  The beam was directed back into itself and exploded, instagibbing me.  Laughed my ass off as teammate got eaten 5 seconds later.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2011, 10:19:07 pm »

Jormungandr is easy, just use lightning on him.

Wut. I just made a hemisphere shield where he was about to pop up, and a flat one when he lunged across the screen.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2011, 10:20:41 pm »

Dammit, the game crashed without an error message for me when I tried drawing with masses of undead after I got the raise dead spell. There goes my dream of creating zombie drawings and electrifying them.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #288 on: January 28, 2011, 02:40:15 am »

Finally managed to make it thru the glade solo (without getting bugged the hell out).  Ranked #4... BAH! If only I had slain them .3 seconds sooner!
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 28, 2011, 03:09:35 am »

It doesn't support my graphics card  >:( :-\ :( :'(
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 28, 2011, 05:25:15 am »

Just beat wave 20 of the first challenge mode (not the glade... the other one).  I was totally expecting more monsters and suddenly... Victory!
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 28, 2011, 06:08:36 am »

I completed challenge mode and got 2900000 points (or something silly like that). Wondered why I didn't get on the leaderboards. Went to check, saw that I would've been close on the leaderboards...

But I wasn't because I didn't do it via hosting a server. QQ :(

Also, during challenge mode I found an "Arcane Saber". It looked like a lightsaber, sounded like a lightsaber and had the attack of "High arcane damage" (about 600) and "Fast" (so it swung like a beast). It was great. :D

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 28, 2011, 06:42:44 am »

Also, during challenge mode I found an "Arcane Saber". It looked like a lightsaber, sounded like a lightsaber and had the attack of "High arcane damage" (about 600) and "Fast" (so it swung like a beast). It was great. :D

I found the lightsaber too.  It was awesome!  I found another sword that did like 1300 damage a hit and ignored all defenses, but it swung at average speed.  Still, I could take out just about anything by freezing it, then poking it to death.

I've taken to some very simple strategies at this point that seem really effective.  During downtime, I lay cold landmines.  As soon as enemies appear, I pepper them with lightning icicle shotgun blasts.  If I get overwhelmed in melee, I start spamming arcane or earth + ice aoe blasts until I can escape.  Of course, improvisation is frequently required, but those tactics have become my staple.

Found another neat trick.  If a large creature is eating you and you can't escape, save up a large arcane aoe blast for the moment just after he puts you in his mouth.  You will rupture his insides and he will vomit blood for a couple seconds before collapsing to the ground.  I one-shotted a giant satyr that was at full health like this.  It didn't save me, but I still lost the round in the coolest way possible.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 28, 2011, 06:51:02 am »

QF+A+3S is probably the best beam / AoE around. It does 2100-odd damage as an AoE and most things aren't resistant. If something doesn't die in the first hit, you can either cold blast them or just use the AoE again.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #294 on: January 28, 2011, 02:41:01 pm »

While properly placed vortexes are likely the best way to kill fast and rack up score, a good safe strategy is keeping shields on self and constantly blizzarding, then walking up to opponents and steam+arcanex3+elec aoe them like crazy (which will freeze them as well, due to blizzard).
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Mastodon

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 28, 2011, 04:19:04 pm »

Argh! Trying to beat Fafnir singleplayer is a ridiculous test of patience! Patience I do not have!!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 28, 2011, 05:04:53 pm »

Argh! Trying to beat Fafnir singleplayer is a ridiculous test of patience! Patience I do not have!!!!

Then have the Glam (or Gram as it is actually called)

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #297 on: January 28, 2011, 05:05:53 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GyRTTqDL7k

Also,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Mastodon

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 28, 2011, 05:17:54 pm »

Whats the Glam/Gram?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 28, 2011, 05:19:03 pm »

Whats the Glam/Gram?

A sword you get at the very first level.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45