Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: So I start school tomorrow  (Read 4842 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: So I start school tomorrow
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2010, 03:42:27 pm »

Started school today. Am off to a great start, considering my only class was Weightlifting, and we didn't even do any of that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2010, 05:16:43 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:13:24 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2010, 05:20:29 pm »

I miss weightlifting as a class. There was nothing like switching off academically for an hour and working out. It didn't have all the awkwardness and competition of straight gym class either. I dunno if you're a senior or not, but stay with weight training as long as you can. You'll find it significantly less easier to care about it when you graduate :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2010, 05:21:51 pm »

I miss weightlifting as a class. There was nothing like switching off academically for an hour and working out. It didn't have all the awkwardness and competition of straight gym class either. I dunno if you're a senior or not, but stay with weight training as long as you can. You'll find it significantly less easier to care about it when you graduate :P
Does everyone at Bay12 weight lift?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2010, 05:34:43 pm »

Maybe? It's not even about getting ripped. It's just about getting stronger than you already are. I enjoyed the fact after a few years of weight training, I could do 200 pounds on the leg curl as basic reps.

It's funny though, after 3 years of weight training, I added literally no weight. I just shaved off more and more body fat. I think I was down to something unhealthy, like 3%, when I finally graduated.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2010, 05:36:25 pm »

Does everyone at Bay12 weight lift?
I don't lift weights regularly, though I do weightless exercises each day.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2010, 05:39:23 pm »

I am a first year student at the local Community College, although I'm 26 years old. Long story short, I needed a "Health and Wellness" class to get to graduation, and the art class I wanted to take for Gen Ed was already full.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2010, 05:47:55 pm »

Ah. Well if you can afford it, I'd stay with it. It was easier in high school when you had mandatory class schedule requirements and weightlifting as a no-brainer. Out of high school, your time is your own and you have to want it to set aside time to do it, sort of like going to to the gym regularly in general.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2010, 07:03:37 pm »

Two jobs, a wife and kid, and now a part time student. Unfortunately, I want to churn through as many classes as possible to get my degree ASAP.

However, when I get taxes back, I'm buying a SlamMan and some good gloves and neoprene ankle supports. ^_^

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2010, 08:46:15 pm »

My biology is a sadistic prankster who has turned her college roommate blue before.

Biology is going to be Fun.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2010, 09:11:21 pm »

I'm loving Honors Biology, Honors Spanish 2, and AP History. Those are my three best areas and I know them off the top of my head, and they're all in a row, so I can just turn my brain off for 2 and a half hours and answer by rote. I haven't had to do any note taking or studying at all yet, and we've been in for about two months, so we are actually doing 'new' material instead of review (by which I mean I read ahead and learned this last year when last years class wasn't challenging me, and am currently reading ahead for next years stuff).
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2010, 10:03:19 pm »

No school this year I dropped out of HS, almost got kicked out of home.. now I'm sitting on my ass watching TV just about 24/7 while skimming the job ads. Now I know why everyone is bitching about the job market :p.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2010, 10:12:22 pm »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2010, 10:13:11 pm »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2010, 10:16:29 pm »

I dropped out of HS
Bad idea, bro.

No kidding. From a management standpoint (3 years worth of experience) I can tell you right now that you should either re-enroll or get a GED. Quite frankly, if a prospective employee came to me with no diploma, I would not hire them.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7