Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Minor Rot ... Adventure Mode?  (Read 4831 times)

Zengrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Minor Rot ... Adventure Mode?
« on: August 28, 2010, 11:18:57 pm »

Ok, I've done Google searches on these forums and internal forum search. I do not like posting unless i absolutely cannot find what I'm looking for... so please forgive me if i failed at finding this already answered question (or not).

Playing adventure mode i succeeded at my first quest, it was a dragon type thing that spit acid clouds at me. However upon returning to down i now have a fever and dizzy and start bleeding if i walk around too much, and looking at health screen i got 3 body parts that have "minor rot" including my brain. I've tried running around for quite a while in "shift+T" mode but it never seems to go away. I've searched everywhere and WIKI which when searching rot only brings up food rot...

Any ideas? or am i forced to abandon my guy? :/

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Rot ... Adventure Mode?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 11:22:35 pm »

Are you using a mod?

Zengrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 11:24:55 pm »

Ah yes i was playing with the Genesis 3.11 mod :).

Well i tried ignoring it. tried finding queen to turn my quest in then died from suffocation..

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 11:31:10 pm »

The beast probably had a syndrome that made you rot to death.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Zengrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 11:33:11 pm »

So there is no way to prevent it? or cure it? so every time you run into a mob with that causes rot you simply loose?

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 11:38:37 pm »

Ah yes i was playing with the Genesis 3.11 mod :).

Well i tried ignoring it. tried finding queen to turn my quest in then died from suffocation..
It was a Wyvveran or something like that, they have acidic breath and an extremely nasty side effect of rotting your brain.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 11:42:35 pm »

So there is no way to prevent it? or cure it? so every time you run into a mob with that causes rot you simply loose?
A high shield skill will block the fumes, just like dragon breath. Did you try bathing? I think if you wash it off soon enough you can heal early stage rot. Just get adequate swimming skill if you want to survive the dunking.

Zengrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 12:12:58 am »

Thanks for tips, i'll try the bathing next time.

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 04:15:02 am »

Another thing worth trying is burning off the rot, set fire to a shrub and sit in it. You have to be careful though, since once you start melting you will bleed like hell and most likely die from bloodloss.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 11:00:19 am »

One of these bastards cost me a previous character, and my current character took one down without incident. I just ran into another one and decided to play with it.

I found that neither water nor fire work, as a prevention or cure. There's an odd bug that makes you fireproof after your fat is burned off, so you can go back and sit in the flames for awhile, but the rot won't burn away, nor will the infection stop. Shields aren't as reliable as they are against dragon breath, but if you do block it the cloud won't expand your direction.

The kind of demon that can do this is variable; you won't know until it spews that you're facing this attack. Your defenses are variable, even with master dodge and superlegendary shield, it was getting through with a high frequency. Even the expansion rate of the cloud appears to be variable, so evasion tactics also aren't reliable. And there is no remedy. You're right about implying the unfairness of this, Zengrath. I wouldn't mind a challenge at this stage of the game, but this is some meanspirited game design, a straight up fistfuck.

EDIT: No cure, but I've noticed a few things about the cloud. It doesn't expand on the z-axis, so if you can fight one on the side of the mountain, you can go up or down a level as soon as he spews. Also, the cloud expands slower on the diagonals, so if you fight him diagonally, you can outrun the cloud diagonally. It's best to catch him around the corner of an obstacle, or even better inside the mouth of a tunnel, because the breath won't move around the obstructions. If you stay on the ground, he won't charge you and dislodge your position, or knock you off the mountain.

It's not a cure, and you still have to identify the hard way which demons each world can do this.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 11:41:11 am by Dok Enkephalin »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 01:38:26 pm »

If you aren't suffering from rot in an important organ, you can try to get something to rip it off/out. That's the only cure that's ever worked for me.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 02:31:45 pm »

The toxic breath seems to be all or nothing; if you're caught in the blast, there's no part of you that won't rot. If you're fighting the demon and it's surrounded with it's own breath, it'll only get on your weapon and you'll be fine.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 07:07:56 pm »

If you aren't suffering from rot in an important organ, you can try to get something to rip it off/out. That's the only cure that's ever worked for me.

How can you lose organs?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 07:47:03 pm »

How can you lose organs?

With great difficulty.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 06:53:45 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:20:13 pm by Bronimin »
Pages: [1] 2