Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: Masters of magic.  (Read 28942 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of magic.
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2010, 10:03:46 pm »

Can I join yet???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2010, 10:24:04 pm »

I just updated the OP with new rules/words and the current players.

Can I join yet???
Not just yet... but probably soon. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll have more time starting Tuesday.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 06, 2010, 09:57:10 am »

I wish to cast a single spell, then continue meditating on the nature of the universe.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 06, 2010, 03:33:11 pm »

Working on the turn now...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 06, 2010, 07:20:23 pm »

Done!(got distracted... Pizza...)

Reports have started to come in of a couple new towers appearing in the vicinity.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2010, 07:32:58 pm »

Oh, you crazy people with your crazy towers.

Note to self: Hire dwarves to use magma on my problems.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2010, 11:33:48 pm »

Almost forgot: I should have enough time to take a couple more players. People on the waiting list: Post characters and starting spells. You can have 7 each to partially make up for being behind. Also you will already have simple homes in the city, because it would be unfair to start you out in the middle of the wilderness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 08, 2010, 03:06:19 am »

Are there no spare towers?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 08, 2010, 03:16:51 am »

Name: Nevyn
Description: Basic looking man hidden under a heavy cloak, his face is normally hidden and a simple spell causes his voice to sound different to each person that he talks to...
Knowledge:
Spell 1: ra|tez|tarc
Spell 2: ra|yek|rens
Spell 3: zu|nac|quwn
Spell 4: zu|olg|manl
Spell 5: ag|mey|tarc
Spell 6: ag|roc|quwn
Spell 7: an|chu|tarc
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2010, 03:20:34 am »

Name: Xavius

Description: A flamboyant young man with grey eyes and snow-white hair, enjoys wearing pompous embroidered clothes and a cape. Being a self-taught mage, having 'acquired' some learning materials from certain sources a while ago, he disdains Academy mages which he considers pampered weaklings.

Spells:

an|tez|rens
an|olg|tarc
te|roc|manl
te|chu|quwn
ra|nac|manl
ag|ram|quwn
zu|mev(yek)|rens
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 10, 2010, 07:21:58 am »

"Dear Lidia

I fear my connection to Isaac has become... ill-guarded. He will be receiving seemingly important "coded" messages for some time now. I hope our avenue of communication is safer.
Remember the path south of the mayberry trees we used to frequent? You''ll find more information there. Look for the green mayberries.

Yours sincerely,Christopher
P.S. When we meet again I've got a little surprise for you."

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 10, 2010, 01:19:18 pm »

If there are any abandoned towers around, I expect they will each have reasons for being abandoned.

My action will probably be teaching, but I keep thinking I should be able to merge it with my research action. Will be useful regardless.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2010, 03:04:03 pm »

Turn's almost finished.

Around mid-day a riot breaks out in the middle of town. Details are scarce, but it seems a fight started over some gold, and rapidly expanded from there. Luckily things don't get TOO out of hand, and not too much damage is done.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2010, 05:09:17 pm »

Turn's almost finished.

Around mid-day a riot breaks out in the middle of town. Details are scarce, but it seems a fight started over some gold, and rapidly expanded from there. Luckily things don't get TOO out of hand, and not too much damage is done.
Which town are you thinking off? The same town as where some of us went?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2010, 06:15:21 pm »

The one near the academy, the one several of you have visited already... to clear up any confusion in the future, the town is now called Elenai.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25