Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Retirement  (Read 1105 times)

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Retirement
« on: August 25, 2010, 10:34:31 pm »

How does retirement work? Lets say my lower spine is damaged and i can't walk for now. If i retire will i be able to come back and the problem is fixed?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Retirement
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 12:18:32 am »

nervous tissue is a bit weird, but if (T)raveling won't fix it, then your stuck using a crutch.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 03:21:09 am »

as nervous tissue has no healing rate it will never heal.

cheat.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 10:59:47 am »

How do i use a crutch in adventure mode?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 11:06:03 am »

you need to make one in fort mode and have your adventurere hold it. though i'm not sure if you need two, then if so, dtart training your misc. object user.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 12:08:54 pm »

you need to make one in fort mode and have your adventurere hold it. though i'm not sure if you need two, then if so, dtart training your misc. object user.
depending on which version
If you have the current release you should be able to make one yourself in adventurer mode by messing with the adventurer reactions.
so no need to retire waste a month/year in-game of not killing stuff and get rusty
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 12:18:13 pm »

If you have the current release you should be able to make one yourself in adventurer mode by messing with the adventurer reactions.
so no need to retire waste a month/year in-game of not killing stuff and get rusty
but heres the problem... adventure mode reaction changes don't take affect unless a new world is genned, even if it was modded straight into the save file.

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 12:46:26 pm »

The only reactions in the current version is butcher and sharpen. Are you using the genesis mod?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 02:25:53 pm »

but heres the problem... adventure mode reaction changes don't take affect unless a new world is genned, even if it was modded straight into the save file.
well you can take your knapping skill and edit that to give free wooden crutches.
the game only checks titles not what's inside.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 08:01:23 pm »

Adventure mode reactions? What?
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 08:14:50 pm »

Adventure mode reactions? What?

Did you miss the last release announcement?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 10:25:00 pm »

I just started playing DF again after a few days before 31.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\