Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Looking for a game that allows an Undead Singularity  (Read 8355 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a game that allows an Undead Singularity
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 03:52:16 am »

Probably was ghouls then. It's been a while.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 08:59:40 am »

I tried Diablo 2 but if I remember correctly it had a fairly low body limit. I'm looking to lead an undead army.

Now it does, but apparently when it first came out, each skill level added one. They quickly updated it to reach a limit at one point but make them stronger, because those massive armies of undead would lag everyone in online games.
Eh?
Eh!

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 09:06:38 am »

I tried Diablo 2 but if I remember correctly it had a fairly low body limit. I'm looking to lead an undead army.

Now it does, but apparently when it first came out, each skill level added one. They quickly updated it to reach a limit at one point but make them stronger, because those massive armies of undead would lag everyone in online games.
Lag, and the fact that an army of skellies quickly got useless when the monsters were killing them faster than they dropped corpses.

Try fighting Diablo with a Skellie specced Necro...  It's not possible.

janekk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 10:07:07 am »

My bro did. He just added Iron Maiden to the mix.

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 10:45:18 am »

I remember creating a skelemancer on battle.net called Mr Lagtastic.

He really lived up to his name.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 07:21:20 pm »

My bro did. He just added Iron Maiden to the mix.

I did too, killed Diable by hand, wiht a 9-17 wand and a blood golem. took forever but it can be done

Normandy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 07:35:59 pm »

http://www.kongregate.com/games/BinarySpace/zombie-outbreak-simulator

This is... the farthest thing i can find myself. Too bad you can't control the zombies... yet?

Hah, that is actually a fairly awesome game. There's a newer version: http://www.class3outbreak.com/zombie-games/c3o/

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2010, 10:38:24 pm »

First one was more of a toy (I happen to like toys), this newer version is far more of a proper "game".

...just tried out 'survival mode'.  Got spooked at first by the ridiculous number of zombies that was getting spawned, then I did some quick scanning and found the perfect spot (in Washington)...

I moved all the police squads (totaling six policemen...  Apparently one dude called himself a 'squad') into one little pocket of cars that was next to a building.  They're heavily protected on all sides, and the combined firepower mows down everything that gets close.  There's currently a ring of corpses surrounding these cops, plus a little cluster of survivors that are running around in the gunfire.  The rest of DC has gone to hell, but these dudes are absolutely not gonna go down.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 07:06:53 am »

This one too.

http://www.wesnoth.org/

It's hard to pull off though.  You might want to search for some mods to help out, there are a lot of them.

Just did this in a multiplayer game for the sake of trying it, without any mods. Wasn't even expecting it to work. It's really hard to start it off, but becomes much easier once you get your first few zombies. Build a lot of zombies and a few suicide ghouls to weaken your opponents, and maybe some archers to take damage and knock down HP before the kill.

The ghouls should poison a few, eventually getting them down to around 1 HP, then move the zombies in for the kill. Archers would help in the early game. Once you have a few soulless trolls, it should get a lot easier to reach singularity :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2014, 01:41:55 am »

Necroing my own thread to show off what I've recently found.

Solid and Shade is a mod for Mount and Blade (classic, not Warbands) that lets you be a necromancer. You learn necromancy from the definitely evil Blood Fountain of Death.

It still has the standard Mount and Blade headcount limit but you can turn corpses into zombies from your camp menu. Corpses are items and a randomish number of then are available to loot after battles. Prisoners can be sacrificed for a more reliable source of corpses intact enough to reanimate. In addition to reanimating them into zombies, corpses can be harvested for parts that are used in crafting. Crafting is unlocked in tiers and to get to the next tier you have to craft one of each recipe in your current tier.

Zombies rank up, have morale, and require weekly payments like standard units in Mount and Blade. The payment is written off as "maintenance fees" in the mod's FAQ. At higher crafting tiers you can summon demons and shadows, and craft golems.

One big problem is the loot system. There's a maximum number of items that can be in the loot window in Mount and Blade which limits how many corpses you can get per battle. The base game and mod are not designed for leading an unstoppable undead horde of thousands, so a couple dozen higher tier monsters has to make do.

Also: Ray's the Dead is a game that seems like it'll be like Pikmin, but with zombies.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2014, 02:28:30 am »

Necroing my own thread to show off...

*looks at the title of the thread*  I see what you did there.  ;)

slow-clap.jpg
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2014, 02:29:50 am »

I believe the "Phantasy Calradia" mod for Warband also allows you to play as a Necromancer with summoning skeletons after a battle.

Not a necromancer but the preview for "Warsword Conquest" (A Warhammer Fantasy mod) has the Tomb Kings faction made of Egyptian themed undead.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2014, 06:35:40 am »

Dwarf Fortress counts, right?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2014, 08:01:46 am »

If you ever feel the need to look at something else, Warcraft 3's undead are capable of pulling this off as well.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2014, 06:41:29 pm »

Dominions, summoning the Eater of the Dead as Ashen Empire Ermor can have interesting results.  It consumes corpses in a province to increase its health and it has natural 10% regeneration.  Past a certain threshold it becomes impossible to outdamage its regen without stuff like soul slay and by that point its MR is also pretty much unbreakable without like mass runesmashers.  Plus it eventually starts raining acid which will kill most human mages without protection.

And when it gets big enough it breaks control and becomes a roaming independent.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 [2] 3