Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 108086 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #2535 on: January 04, 2011, 11:09:51 am »

I've.. Got to do that every time I write a turn post.

And also figure out a way to combine ALL events into something coherent.
Yes, well you volunteered for it. :D

I don't run games like this because that would give me a headache.
Daunting, yes, but I am sure you most likely read novels in your spare time.
Stop reading novels, read Godhood.

Why? Because Godhood is your story.

you sound like a game advertisement.  :P

Why wouldn't I advertise my own game?
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: January 04, 2011, 04:22:52 pm »

Humility?
Self-depreciation?
Measles?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: January 04, 2011, 04:25:04 pm »

Caeser someone should either make this into a novel or a video game that would be
bad*** < --- censored for small children

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: January 04, 2011, 06:04:35 pm »

Using completely mortal means shouldn't take any, but, for instance, both times akiel has taught someone, he conjured stuff, moved people around, things like that. And so they take acts. Speaking of that, Caesar, how many acts did I expend on the dwarves?

At least two.

Humility?
Self-depreciation?
Measles?

Nah. The main reason not to do it is because it'd be senseless to advertise my game to those already flocking around it in addiction.

Caesear someone should either make this into a novel or a video game that would be
bad*** < --- censored for small children

I use it for inspiration when I'm writing myself, for what it's worth.
And the only one who could turn this complicated mess into a video game would be the Toady One. And I'm not going to distract him from his holy destiny of Dwarf Fortress.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: January 04, 2011, 06:13:43 pm »

I would very much like to use the Womb as a sort of template for a world. I would give me a nice vehicle to get the story going after the intro too.

Just walking along minding my own busi- HOLY SHIT

Hey wwassup I'm Amparos god of the sea lets go fishin

Alright cool hey do you think you could give me a sword?

Yeah thats cool I'll just givve you the hero blade and then you can cut some losers open

hell yes
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: January 04, 2011, 06:19:54 pm »

I would very much like to use the Womb as a sort of template for a world. I would give me a nice vehicle to get the story going after the intro too.

Yeah thats cool I'll just givve you the hero blade and then you can cut some losers open

hell yes
Add some kind of snack to that deal and that could be considered one of the best days ever.
Raggle Fraggle

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: January 05, 2011, 03:31:40 am »

hell yes

Oh you.

I was thinking of starting a new adventure over at the MSPA forums, maybe I'll just use Godhood's world.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: January 05, 2011, 08:32:58 am »

Glad to see another new face! I've been slacking since New Year with being busy and all. I'll see about getting the next fluff post up with the tour of Dordrath just as soon as I can. Maybe today, maybe not.

As for catching up and all it's very daunting. took me two whole days to read through the entire gameplay thread when I first came on board. Would probbaly take me 3 days if I started now. There is a LOT to read, but isn't this game an excuse for mindless self-induglence? At least I thought it was! ;)

Concerning acts I'm working on the assumption that changes to the world (creating races, uplifting sentients, creating artifacts, reshaping the world etc) cost acts. You get so many per turn based on the Will of the Fates (read: Caesar). You can spend more than you're allotted, but its a gamble. Try too much or try things that aren't really justified and there might be consequences. I believe being interesting and using good grammar helps reduce the chances of ill effects. Best not to push your luck though! I'm assuming that mundane acivities do not count as acts. I would include such things as traveling in a godlike manner (flying, teleporting etc) or using limited godlike communication (sending dreams to mortals or speaking with the voice of a storm) in the mundane category. If you try speaking to a mortal by appearing in a storm cloud you should be ok, if you have that same cloud appear over major city and invoke fear into the entire populaion that might require an act. If you have your god speak through a dream that might be ok, if you send thta dream to a whole civilization that might require an act. This is the assumption I'm working on. Hope this helps.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: January 05, 2011, 10:57:42 am »

Glad to see another new face! I've been slacking since New Year with being busy and all. I'll see about getting the next fluff post up with the tour of Dordrath just as soon as I can. Maybe today, maybe not.

As for catching up and all it's very daunting. took me two whole days to read through the entire gameplay thread when I first came on board. Would probbaly take me 3 days if I started now. There is a LOT to read, but isn't this game an excuse for mindless self-induglence? At least I thought it was! ;)

Concerning acts I'm working on the assumption that changes to the world (creating races, uplifting sentients, creating artifacts, reshaping the world etc) cost acts. You get so many per turn based on the Will of the Fates (read: Caesar). You can spend more than you're allotted, but its a gamble. Try too much or try things that aren't really justified and there might be consequences. I believe being interesting and using good grammar helps reduce the chances of ill effects. Best not to push your luck though! I'm assuming that mundane acivities do not count as acts. I would include such things as traveling in a godlike manner (flying, teleporting etc) or using limited godlike communication (sending dreams to mortals or speaking with the voice of a storm) in the mundane category. If you try speaking to a mortal by appearing in a storm cloud you should be ok, if you have that same cloud appear over major city and invoke fear into the entire populaion that might require an act. If you have your god speak through a dream that might be ok, if you send thta dream to a whole civilization that might require an act. This is the assumption I'm working on. Hope this helps.

Well assumed.
The Will of Fates harbors you no ill will.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: January 05, 2011, 01:32:35 pm »

See, with that it would be possible to have your belivers conquer the entire world without using a single act.

I'd be stupid and we'd have a very pretty new sun but it would be possible.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: January 05, 2011, 02:38:11 pm »

It might, but really, I make it cost acts when common sense dictates it is worth an act.
There's some leeway, yes, but just use common sense.

Don't doing it and crossing the line makes worse shit happen than the shit I normally have happening.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: January 05, 2011, 03:12:28 pm »

I was wondering since I am god of earth could I have sensed the war going on with the thousands of footsteps ? If so could I say umm go there aand lend my support to fortify Dordrath

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: January 05, 2011, 03:17:49 pm »

I was wondering since I am god of earth could I have sensed the war going on with the thousands of footsteps ? If so could I say umm go there aand lend my support to fortify Dordrath
Why? What possible reason would you have to help them? Dordrath is in no danger, and there are too many gods involved already. *continues complaining about war for some time*
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: January 05, 2011, 03:24:59 pm »

Why because Amparos and or his fish people are out of control and must be Squashed if only we could do what happened to the Krogans on Mass Effect

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: January 05, 2011, 03:29:51 pm »

They aren't out of control. They are a poorly armed group of enhanced humans that are going to get crushed by both superior forces/numbers and a huge number of acts. This battle is already going to be a slaughter, why make it worse?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 193