Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 108420 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #2025 on: November 27, 2010, 10:51:07 pm »

Lord Hunger, I think, It's your move.

I WILL HAVE RAT ARMY
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: November 28, 2010, 04:51:00 am »

Pretty bad post, but oh well. I assumed everyone was gone from the village, or atleast hid outside it somewhere.

Ah, the benefits of having all the rivers and lakes of the worlds as spies. Though (*hint hint*) they are actually only loyal to Amparos, not the Chosen, who they help because Amparos wants them to become a better army.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: November 28, 2010, 06:03:58 am »

Pretty bad post, but oh well. I assumed everyone was gone from the village, or atleast hid outside it somewhere.

It's not a bad post.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: November 28, 2010, 06:50:23 am »

Meh. I have big plans for the Chieftain's son, though.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: November 28, 2010, 08:26:46 am »

Ah, the benefits of having all the rivers and lakes of the worlds as spies. Though (*hint hint*) they are actually only loyal to Amparos, not the Chosen, who they help because Amparos wants them to become a better army.

Oh shit, yes.  Need to get working on that myself.  XD  (Bleh, got a couple of hours to scribble some posts before I'm off the rest of the day to see a film competition...)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: November 28, 2010, 08:31:23 am »

So, here it goes! Without acts i simply don`t want to anger the Lord of Winter too much. Time to build up an army myself.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: November 28, 2010, 09:54:01 am »

Can I make a personal request that the remains of this turn be dedicated to gathering your armies and allies (be it for the war that'sbrewing or the forming of the sub-[antheon in heaven). I'd hate for the game to advance so much from the start of the current turn that the new gods are forced into choosing sides right from the start. It would be nice if the game didn't just become one huge war of survival until only one stands too. I hate it when games go that way. Cataclysmic wars are good they should be fought and then the gods move on to other things.

Those last few posts were interesting. It looks like the god of war might be a coward! Either that or he's more interested in making other people fight whilst he watches with a smirk on his face! I'm trying to get an idea of the character of Rahisael with his clearly bloodthirsty side, his enjoyment of twisting living things and making an army of the undead and his regular pursuit of global war.

I'm not sure if I understand how the gods draw their power correctly. For example I would assume Rahisael wouldn't care if his own followers were fighting and dying because by waging war he would gain power. And if others waged war he would still gain power. From this perspective would he care who lived and died so long as somebody was fighting? And AMposors, ios he really gaining most of his power from the people of Seyth and his Chosen or is his power actually from the sea itself? I would assume these Chosen and the city of Seyth would be nothing more than a plaything for Amporos and not something on which victory is vital.

I'm bringing this up because Neshara (when she finally manifests) is going to be played differently. I don't want her tied to mortal civilizations. I want her to be drawing power from the earth itself and from the beating of it's divine heart (an alternative source of power no doubt). Her interest in mortals and their affairs will be limited to specific interactions of her godly whims. Any mortal worshipers she does have will be on the fringes so I'm really hoping that simply adopting a group of mortals and herding them into a city to prepare for war with the other gods isn't the only path open to us.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: November 28, 2010, 10:07:16 am »

Amparos is a first-generation god here, ie, born before mortals, so no, he doesn't get power only from worship. I guess he gets more power from them, though. Ask Caesar.

I can't see this war becoming cataclysmic in any way, or gods being forced to take a side/to participate. Honestly, I don't like the fact that some gods are seemingly all-knowing, something that annoyed me in the first game as well. Everybody is somehow aware of a small raid on some backwater village.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: November 28, 2010, 10:08:19 am »

to quote wrath...
"with all this smiting going on, someone was bound to notice..."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: November 28, 2010, 10:11:16 am »

Can I make a personal request that the remains of this turn be dedicated to gathering your armies and allies (be it for the war that'sbrewing or the forming of the sub-[antheon in heaven). I'd hate for the game to advance so much from the start of the current turn that the new gods are forced into choosing sides right from the start. It would be nice if the game didn't just become one huge war of survival until only one stands too. I hate it when games go that way. Cataclysmic wars are good they should be fought and then the gods move on to other things.

Those last few posts were interesting. It looks like the god of war might be a coward! Either that or he's more interested in making other people fight whilst he watches with a smirk on his face! I'm trying to get an idea of the character of Rahisael with his clearly bloodthirsty side, his enjoyment of twisting living things and making an army of the undead and his regular pursuit of global war.

A Coward? A heinous accusation! ;)

He just saves his troops for now. The more soldiers he has, the bigger the upcoming battle will be. At the moment Lord iceman could basically annihilate all wargaz, killing a major part of his army.

Also, not all wargaz retreat. Some tribes will be left behind and will continue to raid the country.

I'm not sure if I understand how the gods draw their power correctly. For example I would assume Rahisael wouldn't care if his own followers were fighting and dying because by waging war he would gain power. And if others waged war he would still gain power. From this perspective would he care who lived and died so long as somebody was fighting? And AMposors, ios he really gaining most of his power from the people of Seyth and his Chosen or is his power actually from the sea itself? I would assume these Chosen and the city of Seyth would be nothing more than a plaything for Amporos and not something on which victory is vital.

At the moment Rahisael only gains his powers through his followers. This is the second reason why he doesn`t want to waste them right now- Though, yes, somewhen he should be able to draw power from war directly.

In the first game Gods could choose to bind themselves to a power source- For example war. So if there was war the god would become stronger.

How Caesar will handle it this time i don`t know.

/And i assume Rahisael knowing about a battle is justified. And Lord Winter wasn`t stealthy about his awakening either.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:18:34 am by Lordinquisitor »

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: November 28, 2010, 10:15:36 am »

I agree with you on that Amporos. The gods should limit themselves to knowledge of what goes on within their purview. Rapisael would know ifa battle was going on, as might Killa Khan. Aarseral would know if beings were dying but not why until he investigated, the gods of death would know of the dying too (and why since they care privy to the thoughts of the dead). I doubt the murder/hero gods would know about it unles a particularly bold act of bravery or treachery occured though.

I'll say this now, when Neshara is born she won't even have knowledge of the world above the earth. She will have to learn everything. Of course below ground she would see practically everything, whether she would notice something small and trivial is another story. I do like how Amporos is bound to the rivers and lakes when in-land, it's very appropriate.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: November 28, 2010, 10:19:31 am »

why a picture of two giant armies charging towards each other springs to my mind. And while their charging the earth begins to rumble exactly like human heartbeat and the closer the armies come the faster the heartbeat goes until finally both armies slow down, their heartbeat slowly beginning to adapt to the rumbling of the earth while it gets slower and slower... and suddenly they lose interest in fighting....would be in some ways awesome and in others quite disappointing.

But anyway i will keep the Murr and Lord Hunger out of it. The Murr are not fond of large scale cataclysmic END OF THE WORLD battles and The Hunger will just sit back pull his strings and profit from all the "hungry" feelings going on...

Concerning vision, Lord Hunger can spring up at quite any battle due to the revenge sphere he gained somewhere along the way...

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: November 28, 2010, 10:20:58 am »

Oh on a different topic the wikimedia is bothering me. I'm a lay user of computers and setting up the ability to contribute to the wiki appears beyond me. I installed PHP and downloaded the wikimedia softare but I can even instal it. The Instal file has no type and can't be opened. Reading the manual instalation guide it talks about a host of other pre-requisists and how it be a problem for non-technical users to set up. And it talks about easy to use software packages potentialy breaking a wiki (I don't wanna be responsible for breaking it!). So can anyone suggest a simple way to allow the average computer user to break the technocratic hold over the wiki revolution or can somebody just upload my stuff for me?  :D

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: November 28, 2010, 10:23:14 am »

Well yeah, Rahisael, Shaq and Phera (and Carmanthyre, for being there already) are all justified in noticing the battle, but you get my point.

And Amparos could prance around in a desert if he wanted, but leaving the waters is just so disgusting.

Oh on a different topic the wikimedia is bothering me. I'm a lay user of computers and setting up the ability to contribute to the wiki appears beyond me. I installed PHP and downloaded the wikimedia softare but I can even instal it. The Instal file has no type and can't be opened. Reading the manual instalation guide it talks about a host of other pre-requisists and how it be a problem for non-technical users to set up. And it talks about easy to use software packages potentialy breaking a wiki (I don't wanna be responsible for breaking it!). So can anyone suggest a simple way to allow the average computer user to break the technocratic hold over the wiki revolution or can somebody just upload my stuff for me?  :D

There's no need to download anything to use the wiki. Simply register and start writing. (Unless I misunderstood and you want to start your own wiki or something?)

EDIT: Also, bizarrely, the Chosen apparently speak the same tongue as the Murr, but couldn't understand a word the villagers were saying. I suppose they are speaking some northern dialect of the (apparently universal) human language, which the Murr know because they live pretty much everywhere.

Nevermind, my mistake. I apparently am blind.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:33:51 am by Digital Hellhound »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: November 28, 2010, 10:37:39 am »

To clear the confusion a bit: Murr are not capable of speaking any of the human, chosen,northren etc. languages, they are in fact not biologically capabale of this. But instead they are quite excelling at sign language and tried to communicate with Gernad in it. And although they are not capable of speaking it, they can very well learn the language and then understand what the other is saying...

Edit: am i actually the only one who isn't preparing for war or is joining any side?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:45:55 am by Ghazkull »
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 193