Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 108674 times)

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #1470 on: November 13, 2010, 06:54:35 am »

You spelled 'Caesar' wrong. People get hurt when they do that... :D

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: November 13, 2010, 07:48:44 am »

The standing rule I believe is that so long as you are willing to make relatively detailed exciting posts, you'll be allowed in on the next turn.  Just post a God template here (think there's one on the first page of this OOC thread, else check the Wiki).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: November 13, 2010, 07:53:36 am »

Questions: Do magicians exist in the ranks of all human tribes and civilizations? If so, are they common or not?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: November 13, 2010, 08:10:44 am »

We'll need Caesar to give a definite on this, but I haven't seen any indication of magical training outside the ranks of the current mage council (what with their predecessors all now dead).  It might be possible for mortals to work out magic independently, but it seems likely that they aren't common right now.

Magicians, on the other hand, are a different matter entirely.  If there is surplus food in the community, there is always room for a travelling charlatan.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: November 13, 2010, 08:25:07 am »

Nah, not talking about training, just the spark of magical ability, even if they don't know they have it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: November 13, 2010, 10:33:12 am »

Posted, didn't turn out too well, but ehh.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: November 13, 2010, 12:30:03 pm »

GENTLEMEN BEHOLD! I HAVE CHANGED VERMIN INTO GIANT VERMIN! WITH PELTS AND ARCHITECTURE.

no seriously i hope that that were only 4-5 acts...

i dont want to sound demanding(in lack of the other word which i currently can't recall in the english language)
but may i ask that the Murr dont join any magical schools or use dont be capable to use magic at all?
I just imagined them as a species which avoids the other peoples and are more keen on their on ingenuity and technology then to use magic... somehow they just dont fit in the picture of a wizard and i dont think any of the Murr are anatomical( as far as i imagined them) capable of speaking the Human or the Common Tongue...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: November 13, 2010, 12:55:26 pm »

Haha, awesome, soon they've spread all over the world. Oh well, if they come after the Chosen, Amparos will just let the ocean into their tunnels.

Speaking of which, I should really do that wiki page for them now.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: November 13, 2010, 01:03:59 pm »

nah..not my plan to do anything to your chosen in approximatey the next 5 to 20 turns...but i have plans to bring my little sweeties to the seas  :P mwahaha

lets just say it will be quite an addition to the things in Amparos realm...believe me he will like it...if he doesnt tries to destroy it for no reason though...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 01:05:53 pm by Ghazkull »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: November 13, 2010, 02:10:50 pm »

Whew, that took surprisingly long. Wrote quite a bit though.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: November 13, 2010, 05:39:18 pm »

Nah, not talking about training, just the spark of magical ability, even if they don't know they have it.
As far as I know there is no magic 'spark'. Anyone can learn magic, but it can't be worked without access to a wellspring of magic or the crystals created by the spring I enhanced.(which is now the tower I think? I can't remember if the two are the same or not...)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 13, 2010, 07:06:13 pm »

The Laylines allow magic anywhere.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: November 13, 2010, 07:18:37 pm »

The Laylines allow magic anywhere.
Ah, right. Still, it's nothing innate to the magic user other than practice.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: November 13, 2010, 08:53:19 pm »

I saw it as anyone can learn to use magic, but if you have the spark it comes much easier. Like being really good at math, or how I can simply pull stories and plots from thin air and weave the htreads into something coherent and colorful. It's not needed, but it makes it that much easier.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: November 13, 2010, 09:29:42 pm »

I guess that would be possible, though it would mainly be just having a really good memory (in rare cases you might have a large internal store of magic you could tap into, possibly?)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 193