Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 108166 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #2355 on: December 26, 2010, 01:13:35 pm »

True that. The river spirits could help them with that, but I doubt they will.

Karne, please don't go mad again. I know it's tempting but you already did it once. I like Carmanthyre.

Ever play M&M6? Yeah, I want to make that meteor, but I need a reason. So Car is going to get in a showdown with Mania for a few turns and Mania makes the meteor and then Car wins and kills off Mania for good.

With a snappy quote for good measure even.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: December 26, 2010, 01:58:13 pm »

Well, if it takes too long Rahisael just might persuade some warriors of Dordrath to sally out.

:P

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: December 26, 2010, 02:58:34 pm »

Karne, please don't go mad again. I know it's tempting but you already did it once. I like Carmanthyre.

Ever play M&M6? Yeah, I want to make that meteor, but I need a reason. So Car is going to get in a showdown with Mania for a few turns and Mania makes the meteor and then Car wins and kills off Mania for good.

Don't get things silly just for the sake of silly/doing something. Mania is past. Mania is gone.

Also: First Dwarven Strange Mood?
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: December 27, 2010, 08:10:36 am »

Ha! Didn't think of that! The Dwarves just seemed so lifeless and routine, they needed a little injection of culture! Neshara invents religion! Woohoo!

Made an update to the dwarf page on the wiki. It was looking a bit bare.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 09:17:18 am by Demantiae »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: December 27, 2010, 01:58:24 pm »

Thanks for doing that it may have taken me another two turns before i gave them some culture so ya thanks

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: December 27, 2010, 02:32:52 pm »

Don't get things silly just for the sake of silly/doing something. Mania is past. Mania is gone.

I have a whole plot and everything, though!

And also yeah I'm killing Mania within a few turns. I just want some Sci-fi in this fantasy. I liked how in the first Godhood we had a race of space-vultures along with elves and a LAZERSUN.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: December 27, 2010, 02:38:16 pm »

adwarf, what do you think of the idea of me putting all my acts into the dwarves, shooting them to a level of technology past the rest of the world, but keeping their reclusiveness, at least in a desire to keep their technology from others. I think this could be the way to end this war. Kain cares for the dwarves in a stronger sense than other gods care for their races, but with a strong advantage, losses would be minimal.

Caesar, how far could I advance the dwarves with 3 acts, or with 4? Would taking back the Animus blade take an act?

ninja: Karne. no. Mania is gone.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: December 27, 2010, 04:21:19 pm »

Dragging the Dwarves and Kain into that war only makes things worse and expands the war to another theatre. To me it looks like Kain is a little reclusive and likes his dwarves being hidden out of view. If he starts getting aggressive then it'll have repurcussions further down the line.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: December 27, 2010, 04:23:08 pm »

I, for one, support sending the dwarves into the war.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: December 27, 2010, 04:25:04 pm »

I, for one, support sending the dwarves into the war.

I'm sure you do!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: December 27, 2010, 04:31:15 pm »

Sorry but no if we did that then the dwarves would join in on the war my goal is to keep them out of it

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: December 27, 2010, 04:41:13 pm »

Why does Akiel care about this war? In fact why do so many of the gods care? Some I can understand but some I just don't get.

Here's an idea for Akiel: instead of trying to advance one race specifically why doesn't Akiel create a great book of knowledge that can teach whoever reads it the secrets of technology. Whichever culture controled it at a given time would rapidly advance in knowledge and Akiel would take a special interest in them and expend acts upon them.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: December 27, 2010, 04:54:20 pm »

Hmm. Maybe. Ignoring the northren-metalworking thing (I kind of regret that), Akiel prefers balance. My suggestion would end the war, and bring stories and rumors about the dwarves. Over time, their technology would leak out to the rest of the world.

And Akiel cares because technology is a big part of war. Not to mention it's the only interesting thing going on right now.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 04:57:15 pm by nbonaparte »
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: December 27, 2010, 05:14:20 pm »

Why does Akiel care about this war? In fact why do so many of the gods care? Some I can understand but some I just don't get.
Yeah... it was just ONE raid on a tiny little village! Most of the gods should have nothing to do with it, especially seeing as the chosen have been doing this for YEARS. It's just everyone joining in because they don't want to be left out of the RPing.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: December 27, 2010, 05:17:08 pm »

precisely. In a game where you play as a god, you need some plot to keep boredom away.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 193