Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 193

Author Topic: Godhood III OOC Thread  (Read 108199 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Godhood III OOC Thread
« Reply #2340 on: December 24, 2010, 08:00:06 am »

I just noticed I have no life  :(
Quite a deep realization.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: December 24, 2010, 08:01:24 am »

Yes, yes it is. Oh, well get over.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: December 24, 2010, 08:04:23 am »

Oh and Caesar do I have any acts left ?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: December 24, 2010, 08:20:21 am »

Oh and Caesar do I have any acts left ?

Geeze. Give me some time to answer your question before asking it again.

I suppose you could squeeze in a small act.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: December 24, 2010, 08:26:26 am »

Oh well dang I can not do what I wanted to

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: December 24, 2010, 09:16:12 am »

Hey Atilliano can you post something more about those reptile creatures you created, I have little idea what they are  :)

I'll post about their culture and all in the wiki right now, thanks for reminding me to do it cause i already planned it some time ago but forgot.

Edit: gave a small explanation to where they life and now going further on how.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:41:20 am by Atilliano »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: December 24, 2010, 10:15:21 am »

Question for Digital: What's the deal with the streams that run through the earth? I wasn't sure if those river spirits lived in the waterways beneath the earth or not. I'm thinking that the upheaval below ground, in particular the twisting of the way magic (and spirits as the Primordial magic is partly spirit based) works would probably alter those river spirits if they existed underground. Some of those veins of magic will have bcome underground streams, some will have merged with streams and others might have moved streams to run along them so if Ampharos had any influence over underground rivers that's going to have been significantly altered. How this might have been altered is open to interpretation however. One interesting caveat is that the idea of Neshara's blood is both a physical and a metaphysical concept. Those rivers would be one part of her "blood" so if Ampharos enjoys water-borne blood sacrifice it's going to throw up some interesting possibilities as he's now tasting the blood of a goddess in those waters!

I suppose they do own rivers and lakes underground as well by now. Hadn't really thought about it. The spirits changing opens up all kinds of interesting possibilities I'll have to write about.

The Chosen battle plan is basically to draw out Dordrath's army to the river, then use Portal Spheres to move around constantly and launch surprise attacks everywhere at once, look like they have a much bigger army and other things like that to bring down enemy morale. It's fun fighting against an enemy that can teleport behind you at will and command the very rivers themselves.

But I suppose that's not going to work anymore. The mages would most likely sense the Portal Spheres being used and could warn the army whenever the Chosen tried to flank them.

As for if Dordrath's warriors are better than the Chosen... sure, they've trained in the arena for years. But the Chosen High Blood have been mutated into unstoppable, armoured killing machines by a god. All the sea life parts they have exist for combat use, and they don't do anything else in their lives than fight or train. Most of them are also religious zealots and will not break easily.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: December 24, 2010, 04:42:55 pm »

but still, the chosen army consists not only of highblood warriors, the low blood warriors are not armoured killing machines and, as you said, for support.
I imagine(because you said there were lots of low blood and fewer high blood chosen but more highblood are fighters) that there are around 400 low and 600 high blood warriors in the army. so only 3/5th of the army is seasoned warriors, while around the same amount counts for a 1000 of dordrath soldiers, plus 2000 soldiers backing them up.
so 600 veteran warriors for both, 400 average for chosen and 2400 average for dordrath. sounds to me dordrath wins. (except when advanced strategies are used by the chosen and a good strategist leads them, which I doubt.)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 04:46:30 pm by Atilliano »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: December 24, 2010, 06:36:00 pm »

Yeah, the Chosen are more like the Orkses than very good tacticians in my mind.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: December 24, 2010, 07:38:17 pm »

Posting from my new acer laptop to say merry christmas before I download DF

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: December 25, 2010, 06:15:45 am »

Yeah, the Chosen are more like the Orkses than very good tacticians in my mind.

That's nice, but your mind does not equal the game. I guess the impression is my fault though. Should've focused on their commanders more, instead of just one mention of Ganad's trainers.

Also, there are more High Blood than Low Bloods in the army. High Blood numbers aren't that low yet, even though they're quickly headed down the road of extinction with wars and more and more inbred children. While High Blood-High Blood unions produce ferocious killing machines, High Blood-Low Blood only create better-than-average warriors, so they're sticking to the former, even if they're related.

Buuuuut then again, I want to lose this battle anyhow.

I guess I'll write Chosen battle preparations/plans/whatever soon-ish.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: December 25, 2010, 04:41:56 pm »

I'd like to write up the defense of Dordrath, but I'm currently under the ocean going Mad.

Brb screaming about forks.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Demantiae

• Bay Watcher
  • Goddess of Earth, Awakener of the Primordial
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: December 26, 2010, 06:39:51 am »

There's one problem with using those Portal Sphere's during battle - without some form of C&C how are the Chosen going to co-ordinate their actions? It's all well and good randomly appearing at different points on the battlefield but without co-ordination they'd probably be worse off than simply standing and fighting. They'd start teleporting into each other or groups too small will port into a strong enemy position or one group will port to the wrong place and not be able to take advantage of a distracted enemy at the right time. Without some sort of godly oversight or wizards guilding the commanders telepoathically (whilst observing the whole battlefield simultaneously) then what you have will be a few charismatic commanders taking heir own personal troops into the spheres as and when they chooose and appearing wherever they feel like. Even modern soldiers with all their communications and battlefield monitoring would have a hard time fighting using those tactics.

What I'd do is place your army on the other side of the river and send across one guy to challenge Dordraths greatest fighter. Given their culture he'd have to accept. Gank him in an unfair manner and try to taunt the other arena vets. If they can be lured towards the river then the Chosen could use the portals to hit them with one big surprise at the start of the fight and murder as many as they can. This might even up the fight a little. I know you want to lose this battle but if I were a Chosen commander this is what I'd be advocating. Take down their best and brightest first by cheating.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: December 26, 2010, 07:20:18 am »

True that. The river spirits could help them with that, but I doubt they will.

Karne, please don't go mad again. I know it's tempting but you already did it once. I like Carmanthyre.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: December 26, 2010, 12:18:07 pm »

What I'd do is place your army on the other side of the river and send across one guy to challenge Dordraths greatest fighter. Given their culture he'd have to accept. Gank him in an unfair manner and try to taunt the other arena vets.
The only flaw with this is that the fighter would probably WIN. Unfair tactics are the norm in pit fights, and the best of them will probably crush any single Chosen. Don't forget, the chosen have mutations, but Dordrath's weapons and armor even the odds quite a bit.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 193