Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 73

Author Topic: Serial Killer Roguelike  (Read 118733 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serial Killer Roguelike
« Reply #435 on: August 24, 2010, 04:46:37 pm »

All I'm saying is that if you're making a game that let's the player be a complete monster, you might as well go all the way.

If it's possible to mod the game once it's released, I look forward to the imminent creation of the Happy Tree Friends mod, or the Dr. Mengele's Workshop mod.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 24, 2010, 04:48:50 pm »

I wonder if there could be a "voices in your head" mode where it would semi-randomly give you messages like if your char talks to some chick it might pop out. "You need to rid the world of this whore"
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 24, 2010, 04:50:44 pm »

Some of the glitches pretty much make it instagib mode at the moment. :)
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 24, 2010, 04:52:04 pm »

We like some instagib sometimes. Just look at the guy who beheaded a Bronze Colossus with a Fluffy Wambler. Many of us thought that was awesome.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 24, 2010, 04:53:18 pm »

Oh, and I forgot, will there by any overarching, ultimate goal in the game, or will it just be a sandbox, mess-around-to-your-hearts-content style of game?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 24, 2010, 04:55:44 pm »

As far as I can see, the goal is to try and survive as long as you can, keeping your psycopathic need to kill supressed enough to function in society, while not getting caught because of your brutal murders.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 24, 2010, 05:03:53 pm »

The author has confirmed poisons and the like, but I don't think you will be able to sew limbs on people and have them use those limbs.
Frankly, I'm glad.
I disagree.
Also, damn you for linking to tvtropes.
Also, I'm disappointed there's no 'Real Life' section of the example for that page.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 24, 2010, 05:11:42 pm »

I did it second.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 24, 2010, 05:13:21 pm »

Am I the only one immune to TVtropes?
Hello Hunam

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 24, 2010, 05:14:27 pm »

The author has confirmed poisons and the like, but I don't think you will be able to sew limbs on people and have them use those limbs.
Frankly, I'm glad.

I've got the basics down for nailing limbs to walls and objects. Haven't got the time to code it now, but you'll eventually be able to nail/sew/attach limbs (or any objects I guess) to anything, including other NPC's. Hell, sew together thousands of limbs and make a giant pissed off limb monster that cavorts through your dreams feeding on stray hobos. Or cut your own hand off and sew on a butchers knife or hook or something.

You think in a 30~ page thread that's cropped up in a day, people would take care to read the actual developer's posts. :p Sure, those limbs could be nonfunctional... but what kind of 'limb monster' can't use its titular adjective?

Edit:
Am I the only one immune to TVtropes?
I am. I've already read that article. So hah. B)
Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 24, 2010, 05:20:57 pm »

I wonder if we could have two killers.

One is like a Jehovah's witness and goes to peoples places to "Spread the word"

The other is more of a shut-in that orders stuff and kills the deliverymen that comes to his place.

Then they face off, the Jehovah's witness murderer comes to the shut-in's house.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 24, 2010, 05:22:30 pm »

I wonder if we could have two killers.

One is like a Jehovah's witness and goes to peoples places to "Spread the word"

The other is more of a shut-in that orders stuff and kills the deliverymen that comes to his place.

Then they face off, the Jehovah's witness murderer comes to the shut-in's house.

Make. This. Movie.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 24, 2010, 05:24:50 pm »

I'm also immune to TVTropes.  I like TVTropes (Contrary to what ToonyMan probably thinks), but I don't go on four hour wikiwalks like a lot of people.
Shoes...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 24, 2010, 05:25:45 pm »

I wonder if we could murder people with random objects? If so, I'm seriously modding Double Downs into my game. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 24, 2010, 05:27:32 pm »

I also wonder if there'll be conversation choices that can be exploited, in order to manipulate your would-be victims away from safety and trick them into letting their guard down. That'd be cool.

Also, can people die from hunger? I need to know this so when I convert my basement into a makeshift dungeon, and shackle all my hostages to the wall, I'll remember to feed them occasionally. Perhaps to eachother, who knows?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 73