Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Divine Craftsmanship (Day 3, World 1, Cycle 1) Updated whenever  (Read 8099 times)

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

facepalm

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

Dangit. Well since I can't craft anything because the traders and peasants claimed all the resources, I guess I will Search for scrap metal, stone, or similar, even at my -30% penalty.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmmm industrial revolution eh?

Forge an Iron bar into a Steam Boiler

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

... I think we read different descriptions of what a Homunculus is. I thought it was just "imitation of a human" in general. Also, last I checked life sized means the size of the original.

Anyway, I take the apple and crystallize it into the gemlike magical Heart of Knowledge.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

"Sorry!" I yell, before I jump out and try to get some materials.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile

Gather! GATHER ALL THAT I CAN SEE AND GET AWAY TAKING!
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... I think we read different descriptions of what a Homunculus is. I thought it was just "imitation of a human" in general. Also, last I checked life sized means the size of the original.

Anyway, I take the apple and crystallize it into the gemlike magical Heart of Knowledge.

From Wiki

Homunculus (Latin for "little human", plural: "homunculi"; from the diminutive of homo) is a term used, generally, in various fields of study  to refer to any representation of a human being. Historically it referred specifically to the concept of a miniature though fully-formed human body, for example, in the studies of alchemy and preformationism. Currently, in scientific fields, a homunculus may refer to any scale model of the human body that, in some way, illustrates physiological, psychological, or other abstract human characteristics or functions.

A Homunculus is always limited to small in stature and build, anything that can match the creator in height and build are known as Golems.
A Perfect example of a Homunculus would be the Movie known as "9" which represents the form and act of giving life to a small creature made through alchemidic methods and laws. Creation of a Homunculus though would have, I would have thought, broken the rules...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile

Gather! STEEL!
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

A Homunculus is always limited to small in stature and build, anything that can match the creator in height and build are known as Golems.
A Perfect example of a Homunculus would be the Movie known as "9" which represents the form and act of giving life to a small creature made through alchemidic methods and laws. Creation of a Homunculus though would have, I would have thought, broken the rules...

"Homunculus (Latin for "little human", plural: "homunculi"; from   the diminutive of homo) is a term used, generally, in various fields of   study  to refer to any representation of a human being. Historically it   referred specifically to the concept of a miniature though fully-formed human body."

I used the general, not the historical definition.

Also, 9 is an awesome movie.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:28:23 am by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Homunculus is an odd word, with many meanings. For example, it comes from the greek for "little man" and was part of the theory of how human reproduction worked. The theory was that there was a tiny person inside every sperm cell, that could grow into a complete person inside an egg(weird, but hey, they also though flies were created by rotten meat... and that was only a few hundred years ago). Now though, the definition is simply something that imitates a human, living or not. [/nerdrant]

9 was awesome. Far darker than I was expecting it to be though.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

Χτύπημα

It's Greek for Bump.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile

AWW DANG missed it up till now.
Well, waiting list me please, as a fancy gatherer.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 01:40:22 pm by Samthere »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Yeah, this'll be updated on Friday or the weekend. got too much work on my hands right now.

I told ya it would be slow.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

9 was awesome. Far darker than I was expecting it to be though.
My Old man is against anything that shows the MADMAN Symbol at the start (he is used to seeing me watch some Anime when it appears) Thought it was gonna be a 'kiddy' cartoon as he calls most of the MADMAN movies. He enjoyed 9...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol, your Old Man...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5