Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Let's Play Digimon World - BLIND  (Read 15457 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Digimon World - BLIND
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 08:27:34 pm »

I think Vir. is Virus. Eg: How f'd up he is. And go to this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/913684-digimon-world/faqs/8339
Great guide for the game.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 08:40:41 pm »

It's Koramon!
Koromon, dude.  8)

Don't expect any tie-in with the anime series by the way. This game came out before the show.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 07:22:03 am »

That's a pretty good guide, bread. Certainly helped clear a few things up.
@DeKa: In America. I think the show came out in Japan a few years before it did over here.
@Hugehead: I dunno about north(the DigiWorld has some pretty screwy logic), but there's nothing towards the top of the screen. The main part of File City, and most of everywhere else, is to the south.

I mean to post this last night, but update time!

We go back inside and talk to Tokomon, who gives us some free stuff! The loot includes some recovery items and some meat, which Crack needs to eat when he gets hungry. He eats a lot though, so let's look for sustinence elsewhere.

Here we find the plant-like Tanemon tending the meat garden. Where they grow meat. She decides to give us a ration of 3 meats a day, but this isn't enough to cover Crack's appetite. Tanemon suggests that we look in Native Forest for Digimushrooms. Onward, to get shrooms for Crack!

And we don't get more than three steps into the forest when we encounter everyone's favorite, Agumon. Apparently, he has trouble speaking due to the Alzheimer's loss of heart that Jijimon was talking about. So, how do we restore his heart?

Through violence! What? Agumon started it. Take note of the "F" below Crack's HP/MP. It spells out FINISH over time, and when it does, we can fire off a finisher, which at this time is Blue Blaster(which shoots out a red fireball ???).

Of course, we win. Heart restored, Agumon chooses to move in next door to Jijimon and open the Item Bank, which let's us store excess items, since we can only carry 10(different) items, but also if we lose a battle, not only does our Digimon lose a heart(lose all 3, and I think it's game over), but some of our items may be stolen.

Afterwards, Crack informs us that he's hungry, so we give him a couple pieces of organically-grown meat.

Next update, we trudge blindly through Native Forest to meet things that can kick our ass!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 09:38:15 am »

If you lose all three hearts then you get a new baby mon. And then you have to raise it all the way up which is a whole lot of fun. ::)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 04:17:17 pm »

@DeKa: In America. I think the show came out in Japan a few years before it did over here.
The game came out in Japan a few months before the anime began in Japan. The game was based on the V-pets that'd been around for 2 years before the anime came out. Trust me, I used to be the hugest Digimon nerd. :P

Also haha, I love the meat farm.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 08:25:18 pm »

Quick update, since I haven't found too much time to play today(this day went by surprisingly fast :-\).

After narrowly defeating brutally murdering Agumon, we go off into Native Forest for more ass-kickery...

And it found us we found it! We discovered Drill Cave on the west side of Native Forest, but the first 'mon we found proved to be a bit tough, so we fell back, rested, and headed for the east side.

He we found the broken Digimon Bridge.

(huh, on this pic, and the one fighting Agumon, I somehow forgot to remove the window border)

Where Aruraumon(who bears a close resemblance to Palmon, but that's later) informs of us something we already know. And the we fight, with Crack...

...turning into Paper Gabumon? Whazat? Well, it seems Aruraumon is weak against paper, and dies swiftly. Granted, Crack isn't looking too well.

Sooooo, we need to train up. Any suggestions on what to focus on? There are six training types, each with focus on different stats. Aside from HP and MP(both of which are important enough), there's also Offense, Defense, Speed, and Brains. Brains are important, because it influences what orders I can give in battle. Right now, with Brains around 80, I can only give Auto and Run.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2010, 08:31:26 pm »

We need a brain.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2010, 10:13:15 pm »

You must be the fastest, and stupidest, monster in the west...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 10:38:22 pm »

Offense Offense Offense!

Also the "paper Gabumon" is the 2D sprite from the v-pet, if I recall correctly. It's a status effect I think?

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 07:38:29 am »

speeeeed.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 08:11:20 am »

Also the "paper Gabumon" is the 2D sprite from the v-pet, if I recall correctly. It's a status effect I think?
Might be. I know Aruraumon, and Redveggiemon and most likely Palmon as well, can poison you. The damage isn't much, about 10-15 every few seconds, but I think it can interrupt attacks.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 08:48:23 pm »

Let's get to training. Here is Crack's stats before we start training:

Training montage!!!

Risin' up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances

Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast
You change your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds 'til we take to the street
For we kill with the skill to survive

Risin' up, straight to the top
Have the guts, got the glory
Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop
Just a man and his will to survive

The eye of the tiger...

I also switched image formats to cut down on size and load times(by about 90%).

After 2 days of training, here's where we are:

I've focused mainly on Offense and HP, and got quite a bit of Brains along with it. Now we can direct him to focus on attacking, which produced good results against ModokiBetamon. I am however going to have to stop training for now, at least until we get an actual shop going in File City, since Crack's demands for food are not being met with the tight-assed rations from Tanemon(though on the second day of training she gave us 5 meat instead of 3) and the one or two mushrooms we can scavenge in the forest(I suck at finding stuff). The first night of training Crack had to go to bed hungry, because I fed him three times and was still demanding food, but now he's completely stopped complaining of hunger, but still eats when I offer him food(previously, he'd refuse if he wasn't hungry). Should I be worried about this?

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 12:35:13 am »

If you're worried about food, just beat Palmon in the forest. She'll upgrade Tanemon's meat farm.
They started to collide~

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 05:10:17 am »

NEVER and I mean NEVER overtrain them, it drasticly shortens their lifespan.P.S this is my favorite PS1 game  :D

Oh and this will take you forever to finish without a guide.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 08:55:11 pm »

Sorry for the delay, been sidetracked really hard.

After two days of intense training, we're ready to set off for our next target. Hopefully, the insanity caused by the torture of having to listen to Eye of the Tiger for 48 hours straight will make Crack an even deadlier force to be reckoned with. With nowhere to look for now but Native Forest, we head straight south from File City, searching. And we find...

Okay, this looks a bit strange. What is it?

Oh, thanks, I was wond- hey wait a minute!

No you're not.

Flowers don't TALK.

They don't fight, either. Except those damn flytraps. Those things are evil. If you see one, apply liberal amounts of fire until it no longer exists. Oh, what's that, Crack? The flower is kicking your ass?

Alright, enough of this. Crack, special attack!

HADO- er, BLUE BLASTER!!

Actually, it left Palmon with exactly one HP. She managed to get one last attack off, but Crack blocked it. A poke in the eye later, and... we won!

Why the hell did you attack us then?!

And so, Palmon goes to live in the city, and she also drops a Brain Chip after the fight. This item increases the stat maximum of Brains by 50. At the city...

MOAR MEAT! Palmon takes over the meat farm from Tanemon. The daily rations are the same, but we can also buy meat for 500 bits. Each random encounter is worth roughly 100-200 bits a fight.

In other news, Tsunomon(that orange with a horn sticking out of his head) tells me they're fixing the Digimon Bridge, and that a rare digimon appears in a certain place in late afternoon. Looks like we'll be spending most of the rest of the day resting up before checking that out. Who's it gonna be? And when the hell is Gabumon supposed to digivolve? Till next time!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7