Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2095308 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13170 on: April 07, 2018, 08:47:06 pm »

Also, the end of the learning scenario with the king of Leon said there were a bunch of tutorial scenarios that I could do, but clicking the tutorial button on the main menu only gives the special learning scenario for Alfonso of Leon. So, wheres the bunch of other tutorial scenarios?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13171 on: April 07, 2018, 08:49:02 pm »

The whole game is a learning scenario.

afaik there are no more?  You win in ckii kind of like in DF:  by losing a lot first.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13172 on: April 07, 2018, 08:59:25 pm »

I was just wondering as that's what it said.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13173 on: April 07, 2018, 09:08:15 pm »

If you've tried borderless or full screen set to your native resolution and you still have problems, it could actually be a problem of your monitor settings rather than the game's fault. I've had that happen before.
I was just wondering as that's what it said.
Probably they were going to make some more and then never did and everyone forgot they'd said that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13174 on: April 07, 2018, 09:56:00 pm »

My interest in this game has never really progressed beyond the 'mildly amused' level, considering I much prefer games that focus on a more micro level of things (also I'm not really fond of 'alternate history'-type settings) but I downloaded it last night and shall have a crack at it today sometime.
I'm sure it will end terribly!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13175 on: April 07, 2018, 11:29:21 pm »

I hope I'm ot spoiling but I thought it would be wise to mention that women become infertile at 45.
used to be 40?

a hidden 'fecund' and 'barren' trait that altered this would be nice . . .
Mods do exactly this. CK2+ in particular?
My interest in this game has never really progressed beyond the 'mildly amused' level, considering I much prefer games that focus on a more micro level of things (also I'm not really fond of 'alternate history'-type settings) but I downloaded it last night and shall have a crack at it today sometime.
Also, Paradox games are like Alternate history lite: yes things go differently than how they actually happened, but there are generally enough kicks in the pants to make sure history reasonably approximates our own, at least to the point that someone lacking in-depth knowledge of the time period won't usually have something to object to. It's only rarely that you get really "alternate" history, this is more like "The Windsor Faction" level alternate history: one person doesn't die so a man becomes a king who wasn't IRL, but while the route there is different the end result (ww2) is essentially the same.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13176 on: April 07, 2018, 11:52:44 pm »

I hope I'm ot spoiling but I thought it would be wise to mention that women become infertile at 45.
used to be 40?

a hidden 'fecund' and 'barren' trait that altered this would be nice . . .
Mods do exactly this. CK2+ in particular?
Also, Paradox games are like Alternate history lite: yes things go differently than how they actually happened, but there are generally enough kicks in the pants to make sure history reasonably approximates our own, at least to the point that someone lacking in-depth knowledge of the time period won't usually have something to object to. It's only rarely that you get really "alternate" history, this is more like "The Windsor Faction" level alternate history: one person doesn't die so a man becomes a king who wasn't IRL, but while the route there is different the end result (ww2) is essentially the same.

Not really.... You can go pretty dang far from history, even in EUIV.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13177 on: April 07, 2018, 11:58:59 pm »

Most games, save Vicky and possibly HoI (which I haven't played) end up extremely far from real history by design. In CKII alone I usually end up with crazy shit like a proto-Ottoman Empire in Seljuk format knocking out Byzantium by 1150 while the Mongols completely wipe out the Russians and the French complete the reconquista.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13178 on: April 08, 2018, 12:27:09 am »

HoI4 has a toggle for whether or not the AI will try to follow historical events, and I believe that HoIs 1-3 was structured to follow WW2 via mechanics, events and the like. Of course, given player agency and AI (in)compentcy, whether the game will actually follow historical events after WW2 starts is up in the air. It's not impossible for the French to hold the line or the Italians to naval invade the British Isles and the like.

Honestly it's not really different from other Paradox Grand Strategy Games. HoI4 pays a lot more attention to real world events than the nods that EU4 or CK2 give it but that doesn't set it apart. What sets it apart is its far more limited time scale. The butterfly effect is far more apparent in those two games because they go on for centuries instead of a decade or so in HoI4.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13179 on: April 08, 2018, 02:11:00 am »

Is it worth making an account for the game?
It seems to ask for a lot of unnecessary info...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13180 on: April 08, 2018, 02:31:36 am »

E-mail, password, language, country, and birthday is all you actually need, looking at the form; the rest is all optional.  That required bits don't seem too outre to me, though the optional bits are a bit more significant.  That said, I don't know if it's actually worth it. I already had an account for...well, I'm not sure why, but I think it was because I've had a forum account there for a little while, and some data here and there got cross-populated when they were building their second web storefront (ParadoxPlaza, not GamersGate) and coding in all the game interconnectivity.  If not for that, I probably wouldn't have signed up; heavens know that even with the account, I didn't start signing in with the games for years.  I think they occasionally give out free stuff, but I don't know if that's actually linked to the game accounts.  It's also pretty rare and pretty unnecessary stuff; a mere one or two cosmetic DLC are all that spring to mind.

Actually, if it is tied to the storefront, that's probably also why a lot of the optional information is requested: it makes sense for a storefront to want to know your address and name, especially since they've started shilling physical merch as well.  And, since you don't necessarily want to buy stuff through there, it also makes sense to leave it optional. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 02:36:35 am by Culise »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #13181 on: April 08, 2018, 03:13:18 am »

I don't visit ParadoxPlaza much (like, 2 times in a month), but if you want/need to report a bug, then you should make an account.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13182 on: April 08, 2018, 08:07:23 am »

Or like mods, unless you have it on Steam.
Love, scriver~

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13183 on: April 08, 2018, 10:43:04 am »

Most major mods are hosted elsewhere too, but yeah. It's a lot more convenient to use the forum.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13184 on: April 08, 2018, 12:33:32 pm »

Thanks guys. Been playing for a while now.

How come you can't join wars started by a vassal of yours? I want to cleanse the realm of heathens as much as the next guy, but yet when my steward declared a holy war (and I mobilised a healthy chunk of troops) I am unable to help out? Am I missing something?
Oh well, it's nice to see such initiative on the part of my droogs.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 1002