Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092466 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10920 on: September 04, 2016, 07:13:46 am »

My brother recently got the Child of Satan event for the first time.

While playing as a tribal count of Ireland.

With Agnatic Succession.

And a female demon child.

In the first decade of an Ironman game.

I wasn't sure whether to laugh at him or cry for him.  :P
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #10921 on: September 04, 2016, 08:53:09 am »

The mongol invasion seems to work better now, combined with the black death boost from reapers due I've had a lot of fun in my newest game.
My brother recently got the Child of Satan event for the first time.
:P
I got that event once when I was playing as Charlemagne, it was pretty funny.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: September 04, 2016, 09:50:22 am »

My personal favorite was when I got it as the Byzantine Emperor, with the CoS being a bastard daughter (legitimized) I had with the woman you can meet while out hunting.

That Emperor was ridiculously OP as a result of mods that remove the character designer costs, and managed to mend the great schism and drive back the Muslims and nomads, and was on the brink of reforming Rome before he died at 109. His eldest son had died, so the throne went to the now 60+ year old demon daughter.

She was an abysmal failure as an empress. It almost seemed like Satan himself had sent her to ruin what Gabriel the Saint had built in his nine decades of rulership. She faced multiple major rebellions, had to give up some of the power of the emperor, lost territory to the Sunnis and came close to losing the throne altogether.

Fortunately she died within a decade and her nephew, the son of the Emperor's firstborn took over and having been educated by his grandfather he was pretty capable and managed to fix most of the damage caused by his aunt.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: September 04, 2016, 10:09:43 am »

How long has the new nomad pillaging thing been in the game? I was expecting it to take hundreds of years to get rid of all the holdings in my territory, but the "set everything to pillage and wait" thing cleared it all in a few years with minimal rebellions.

My population went from ~400k to ~900k and my armies 54k to 200k in about 15 years, and holy shit the tech. Maxed out majesty, all other things in culture are at least level 4, most things in economic are level 5 or 6, and I've got cavalry at level 7 (shortly will be maxed once I've finished clearing the stuff my dirty bastard khans won't do themselves) and everything else is 3, 'cept shipbuilding 'cause fuck ships.

And this bonus you get sometimes for extra pop growth and manpower growth? Tiny bit OP once you've stacked it 30 times.

Now, my Khans hate me because I'm shorting them to the tune of 120 counties, but this doesn't seem to matter since I have 200k guys. Minor clan risings are nasty, but that 100 prestige loss is bearable if I don't have to fight a massive army. Last time it was 248k, before I decided to add another 70k guys to my horde.

I have plans, with my hopefully 3rd genius Khagan in a row, but we will see...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: September 04, 2016, 10:54:16 am »

Auto-pillage has been in since this expansion. It has not changed pillage mechanics, merely removed the requirement that the player press the button every six months.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: September 04, 2016, 11:23:57 am »

It did change the mechanics a bit though, you don't have to worry about maxing out the rebellion risk all the time.

I'm also reasonably sure you couldn't pillage every single holding in a county simultaneously.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: September 04, 2016, 11:38:19 am »

Maybe so. I'll concede it's been quite a while since my last nomad game.

I haven't noticed any less rebellions, honestly. Still pretty much chain them one right after another the whole time.

Edit: Thinking about it more, you're probably right about the one pillage at a time thing. I seem to remember being happy whenever a county was down to it's last holding...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 11:41:40 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: September 04, 2016, 01:17:08 pm »

What the heck ever happened to the "rebels control all their holdings" warscore tick??  Does that only apply to peasant revolts or some nonsense?  It's been 3 and a half years.  I had to march my rather pricey army all the way to AZERBAIJAN on the Caspian sea.  From southern Italy.  (Besieging Constantinope on the way - the Bishopric, not the castle).

I'm trying to declare independence from an "ecumenical patriarch" (specifically a king-bishop) so I can serve my Emperor directly...  And expand my realm.  This patriarch owns like three counties on the other side of the empire, I have no idea when or how Amalfi got transferred to him.  We sure didn't start that way.  Probably happened under a different doge.

My Emperor disapproves, calling me a "traitor" ):  Buuuuut, the only action he took was... to offer me a position in his army.  Noticed~
We're his single largest source of tax revenue now, so he'd be crazy to transfer our vassalage again.  Haha, don't be CRAZY Emperor-sempai!  I'm your BEST VASSAL :D :D

Edit:  Also the Karlings have converted to Judaism.  The people of West Francia are not yet convinced, but the nobles are largely converting.  I really hope that works out.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 01:31:08 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: September 04, 2016, 05:10:57 pm »

I... I don't know what I expected.

I-I'll be in the squick recovery room.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: September 04, 2016, 05:15:13 pm »

Time to get yourself a Zoroastrian tutor, methinks.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10930 on: September 04, 2016, 05:18:23 pm »

That's what you get for animu portraits.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: September 04, 2016, 05:22:09 pm »

I'm using restricted diplomacy range because interesting, sooo... Zoroastrian tutor is out of the question. Pluuus, I'm an adult now :v

Unless I go raiding for one... Hm. Might be fun. Zoroastrian Brittany :P

EDIT: Turns out, finding women is hard.

even if you have a +2 axe of killing, they just don't come to me :c

i-is it the almost-neckbeard beard? :P
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 05:44:06 pm by Iceblaster »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: September 04, 2016, 05:47:35 pm »

I... I don't know what I expected.

I-I'll be in the squick recovery room.

Bit tame compared to the guy who had his character being the grandparent and great-grandparent of his wife, only avoiding also being the father in order to get a claim.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: September 04, 2016, 05:57:25 pm »

That's... My brain cannot comprehend the family tree in that situation. IT LOOPS IN ON ITSELF :C

also: It's really hard to narrate in the style I do when I'm suddenly raiding for zoarastrian women :P

because how do you make it sound like a retelling of the story without sounding mad

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10934 on: September 04, 2016, 06:01:56 pm »

because how do you make it sound like a retelling of the story without sounding mad
You don't.
That's the point of CK2.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 1002