Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090205 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9435 on: January 12, 2016, 06:42:46 pm »

So far it looks like their idea of "harder" really boils down to "more tedious and less fun".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9436 on: January 12, 2016, 08:01:50 pm »

So far it looks like their idea of "harder" really boils down to "more tedious and less fun".
Eh, I'll still buy it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9437 on: January 12, 2016, 08:58:23 pm »

As long as the AI blobs finally break up reasonably often, I'll gladly lose the ability to blob myself.  The game is ideal on the kingdom level for me.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9438 on: January 12, 2016, 09:51:25 pm »

CK2 has always been a game where the optimal way to play the game and the fun way to play the game are divergent.  Although people will disagree on what the fun way is since its such a sandbox.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: January 12, 2016, 09:57:59 pm »

As long as the AI blobs finally break up reasonably often, I'll gladly lose the ability to blob myself.  The game is ideal on the kingdom level for me.
Someone hasn't been playing this through expansions.
ONLY the player blobs will break up. Abbasids still get to own the entire southern half of the map.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: January 13, 2016, 12:10:50 am »

Yeah it's true...  I haven't played recently.  Largely because of the AI megablobs, which pushed me to expand ASAP constantly.  Bringing me either to the easy but lame part of the game (double-empire) or inevitable ruin at the hands of said megablobs.

I think they made a critical mistake, removing the paid assassins.  They provided an important, albeit expensive, option to destabilize an empire.  Now, what are you going to do?  Have you chancellor forment dissatisfaction??  Don't make me laugh, that has practically no effect on an empire.  Particularly an Iqta one, I think.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: January 13, 2016, 01:34:16 am »

Someone hasn't been playing this through expansions.
ONLY the player blobs will break up. Abbasids still get to own the entire southern half of the map.
He he he... try and make a player blob playing as a muslim.  If you succeed, you will know true power/boredom...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: January 13, 2016, 03:39:03 am »

There should really be more negative events due to having shitty stats and such, so crappy rulers would matter more. That has always been the thing making monarchies suck in history. Now it is easy to have an inbred idiot on the throne and still maintain a stable realm.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9443 on: January 13, 2016, 07:15:38 am »

It's entirely possible to have an inbred idiot on the throne and still maintain a stable realm if the nobles beneath them take more power upon themselves. Even if such taking upon of power leads to eventual disaster for the idiot's dynasty...

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: January 13, 2016, 08:19:02 am »

Well, that doesn't change a thing if the dynasty changes, but the realm stays a huge and powerful blob, at least to other realms.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9445 on: January 13, 2016, 04:48:37 pm »

I suppose a counterpoint would be the Rashidun Caliphate completely steamfucking the Persian Empire after a series of assassinations and coups led to an incapable boy-Emperor

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9446 on: January 13, 2016, 11:18:21 pm »

It's entirely possible to have an inbred idiot on the throne and still maintain a stable realm if the nobles beneath them take more power upon themselves. Even if such taking upon of power leads to eventual disaster for the idiot's dynasty...

See: spanish habsburg monarchy

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9447 on: January 13, 2016, 11:29:06 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9448 on: January 14, 2016, 08:18:01 am »

cripes
he was always on the verge of death, but repeatedly baffled Christendom by continuing to live.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: January 14, 2016, 11:43:04 am »

So basically like when your character goes incapable from a blow to the head at age 27, then somehow manages to live for another half century before he passes?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 1002