Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090983 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #8340 on: July 14, 2015, 01:50:54 pm »

I wanted to start a new CK2 game and keep the Miroslav family as courtier and jesters. Sadly, I cannot find them, have they been removed from the game?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8341 on: July 14, 2015, 02:00:19 pm »

I wanted to start a new CK2 game and keep the Miroslav family as courtier and jesters. Sadly, I cannot find them, have they been removed from the game?
They were a custom dynasty I rolled on the RNG

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: July 14, 2015, 02:50:23 pm »

Any Balkans/Central European country is quite fun to play as, especially if you start before Stamford Bridge as they are considerably powerful as pagans and have the potential to dominate the Germans and Italians.

EDIT: I'm playing as Bohemia right now and have actually managed to create a Bohemian empire out of Bohemia-Moravia, Meissen, and Bavaria. De Jure only Bohemia and Bavaria with the titular Great Moravia as my 3rd kingdom-level title.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:52:47 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: July 14, 2015, 04:34:04 pm »

Any Balkans/Central European country is quite fun to play as, especially if you start before Stamford Bridge as they are considerably powerful as pagans and have the potential to dominate the Germans and Italians.

EDIT: I'm playing as Bohemia right now and have actually managed to create a Bohemian empire out of Bohemia-Moravia, Meissen, and Bavaria. De Jure only Bohemia and Bavaria with the titular Great Moravia as my 3rd kingdom-level title.

Bohemian Rhapsody. I dig it. I assume they're a tribal start? Conquer the Italian Peninsula and reform your paganism. Show that lazy (well, he is in my game) pope who's boss.

Edit: Just gave myself the idea to create a Zoroastrianism start as Freddie Mercury. Or Farookh Bulsara. Rest in peace, Freddie. You will rock them.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 04:36:53 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: July 14, 2015, 05:11:39 pm »

I noticed something that was not advertised in the dev diaries or feature list: cultures can now have mechanics specific to them. As far as I've been able to tell, the more nomadic cultures (such as Cumans, Khazars, Mongols, Hungarians and so on) can raid regardless of government or religion. Norse culture can also raid whenever, but that extends to boats (I haven't checked if that extends to the cultures that can spring from it). Byzantine cultures (Greek, Bulgarian, Alans, etc) have that blind characters cannot inherit. Other cultures have no mechanics. This is REALLY nice for modding, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: July 14, 2015, 06:01:54 pm »

... Thaaat's been in for a while now.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: July 14, 2015, 06:40:55 pm »

Relevant to this thread:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: July 14, 2015, 07:09:25 pm »

... Thaaat's been in for a while now.
Has it? I didn't notice it then. Probably because there was no tooltip.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: July 14, 2015, 08:46:29 pm »

How do you get your sons to join holy orders?

This requires the Sons of Abraham DLC, but the general idea is that when the crusades roll around, holy orders will form. You can vassalise these orders and give them a home in your kingdom. You see where this is headed.
I have the SoA DLC and a vassalised holy order but I still don't know how to get a son to join. Do I right click on their portrait and select something from the menu?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: July 14, 2015, 08:54:41 pm »

I thought it was only a random event where they asked for it.  Like Norse kids running off to be Varangians, except I think Varangians can come back.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: July 15, 2015, 01:20:54 am »

Ach. The game dicked me. Enemy army at half morale, attacking me over a river when I was on hills, and I had about 1000 more men than them. We're both tribal and I'm more advanced militarily than them, and they had two crappy commanders, compared to my three decent (all had morale defence from brave, one had morale damage from cruel) ones.

They still managed to absolutely annihilate my army in spite of all of this.

Hehe. There should be an "Underestimated Enemy" tactic that could happen under circumstances like these where you have a great advantage (and a bigger chance of it happening if the character is Proud or Arbitrary) during which the enemy just slaughtered your troops. That would be fun.

Of course, which the usual luck of the RNG, one would probable have it happen very single battle, regardless of odds :P
Love, scriver~

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: July 15, 2015, 03:59:52 am »

Ok, so I finally got to try out the new patch.

Now I can see what government characters belong to.
Portraits have a new effect, with religious dudes getting a white ribbon.
I can invite to plot from the diplomacy menu.
I have a notification thing at the top telling me what honorary traits I can give.
Only commanders can command my armies now. Unless I'm Cathar or Messalian, I can't have female commanders....except for myself! Woop woop! I guess rulers of any gender can command now.
Most noticeably of all, it seems to have backtracked my progress by quite a bit, at the time I started playing with mods. While this means I can still get achievements, it also means my war to install my own pope is just starting, no holy orders exist and thus don't have one as a vassal, and Queen Awesome the Great didn't publish a book on heliocentricism (which is something I forgot to mention she did.)

There's also another thing. Technology is f**ked.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I also seem to have ludicrously high amounts of prestige and piety.

EDIT: The prestige/piety thing was because of the broken technology. It also seems that it was the pope I planned to install which called the crusade for Jerusalem, meaning I don't have Jerusalem. I also haven't conquered Italy yet.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 04:07:57 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: July 15, 2015, 05:33:31 am »

Did you load an old save? Because any time paradox releases a Jew expansion you can pretty much expect old saves to be broken.
Love, scriver~

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: July 15, 2015, 06:46:16 am »

How do you get your sons to join holy orders?

This requires the Sons of Abraham DLC, but the general idea is that when the crusades roll around, holy orders will form. You can vassalise these orders and give them a home in your kingdom. You see where this is headed.
I have the SoA DLC and a vassalised holy order but I still don't know how to get a son to join. Do I right click on their portrait and select something from the menu?

Are they landed? As far as I remember, if you get a landed holy order they use some sort of elective succession; if your monkwarrior son joins them, you have a decent chance of him becoming the successor to the order's leader.

As to getting them (your sons) to join there's 3 ways I know of: They'll ask to join up by themselves, you can go into debt with the order in question and they might demand a son to join their order, and/or they somehow grab a kingdom level title and their succession law might change and you, as their liege, could be the next heir to the order and standard political maneuvering happens.
Zealous, high martial sons will usually jump on the chance to join; out of my 2 non-title holding sons, both actually asked to jump onto the Knights Hospitaller. Maybe I just got lucky? But I suppose being low on the succession totem-pole they didn't have much reason to stay.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 1002