Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091213 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7620 on: May 13, 2015, 03:53:58 pm »

I would love to play as a holy order... if only to mod one into saaaaaaaayyyy.... Space Marines and start purging the heretics.
Oh God-Emperor yes

I'm really excited for the mechanical overhauls and ease of use upgrades.  I skipped Charlemagne, and RoI was eh, but if these changes are as good as they sound I'll probably buy the new DLC out of sheer good will, regardless of what it is.  Kinda like Killing Floor DLC.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7621 on: May 13, 2015, 05:54:27 pm »

So er, anyone have any info on how far along the Elder Kings mod is to an update? Would love to play that with Way of Life and such. Only thing I really know to check is the actual download page and that has roughly zero information.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7622 on: May 13, 2015, 07:05:19 pm »

So er, anyone have any info on how far along the Elder Kings mod is to an update? Would love to play that with Way of Life and such. Only thing I really know to check is the actual download page and that has roughly zero information.
They are busy with real life stuff. It may or may not come at the end of this month. I wouldn't bet on it, however.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7623 on: May 13, 2015, 08:13:35 pm »

I am eagerly awaiting it too D:

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7624 on: May 13, 2015, 11:59:38 pm »

Got a spare copy from the Humble Bundle and finally sent it to a good friend of mine.  Found myself trying to write a succint newbie tutorial at 1AM and several beers down.  Here's what I came up with (only DLC is Sons of Abraham, I suggested Irish count in 1066):

Quick intro for Christians:
Council is important, fill it and have them all doing something always
Have Chancellor councilman forge claims on weak nearby counts so you can do war
Amass gold for a few decades
Overpower nearby counts with mercenaries
???
Profit

That's probably enough for him to unite Ireland in about 5 generations maybe?  Particularly with savescumming...  Did I forget anything vital?  I also mentioned that claims are supposed to come from marriage, but that that's more complicated.  I remember being pretty overwhelmed when I started, in Ireland 1066, despite lurking this thread for weeks.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7625 on: May 14, 2015, 12:02:11 am »

Just that you can tell how many troops someone has by looking at their character sheet. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7626 on: May 14, 2015, 02:30:47 am »

Don't forget to also look to see what allies they have...nothing more embarrasing than attacking someone because they have half the troops you do...and then have them call in 3 allies and wipe you up. Less important but still occasionally a factor is their money in case they can buy mercs

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7627 on: May 16, 2015, 12:46:25 am »

Checking prestige when fighting tribes is also important. Over 500 and you can expect another 2500 troops to pop up. Though I can't remember if Ireland is tribal in 1066 (and don't have CKII installed right now)... I think Scotland still is though, and that's a main area to expand.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: May 16, 2015, 01:10:26 am »

I'm pretty sure Scotland and Ireland are feudal by The Old Gods start, and are only tribal in Charlemagne. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7629 on: May 19, 2015, 05:39:09 am »

Apparently I suck so much at intrigue I managed to jail myself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7630 on: May 19, 2015, 05:57:31 am »

How on earth?!

I can only assume that Hagos the tyrant realized the only threat to his rule was Hagos the tyrant. Knowing this, Hagos the tyrant planned to assassinate Hagos the tyrant. He collaborated with Hagos the tyrant, unaware that Hagos the tyrant was reporting to Hagos the tyrant - who immediately ordered the imprisonment of the traitor Hagos the tyrant. Soon Hagos the tyrant will be put on trial by Hagos the tyrant, and will most likely be sentenced to life in rule.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: May 19, 2015, 06:23:25 am »

Well, actually, my wife apparently convinced me to jail myself for poisoning our son, who is totally fine.

Interestingly, I could not free, ransom or banish myself ("Cannot interact with self"). I could however blind myself (with my regent's agreement of course).

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7632 on: May 19, 2015, 06:26:21 am »

How on earth?!

I can only assume that Hagos the tyrant realized the only threat to his rule was Hagos the tyrant. Knowing this, Hagos the tyrant planned to assassinate Hagos the tyrant. He collaborated with Hagos the tyrant, unaware that Hagos the tyrant was reporting to Hagos the tyrant - who immediately ordered the imprisonment of the traitor Hagos the tyrant. Soon Hagos the tyrant will be put on trial by Hagos the tyrant, and will most likely be sentenced to life in rule.

I had an event fire once that a female imprisoned Duchess, the wily Duchess Romylia of Trebizond, had tried to use her feminine wiles to seduce the guard, but failed.

My option was to put her in the oubliette, but it gave my ruler the In the Oubliette thingamabob instead. Of course I savescummed and just let her rot in normal prison.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7633 on: May 19, 2015, 06:28:40 am »

If you are a lunatic, you can actually plot to kill yourself as well as duel yourself, get yourself prosecuted in a court and get yourself thrown into jail/executed. All WAD.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: May 19, 2015, 06:53:15 am »

Well, actually, my wife apparently convinced me to jail myself for poisoning our son, who is totally fine.
Remember kids, don't use politics as pillow talk.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 1002