Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091256 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7605 on: May 13, 2015, 07:35:08 am »

It might be something random again, like WoL or SI.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7606 on: May 13, 2015, 08:52:24 am »

Judging by the fact that they spoke about how owning a church as your last primary holding no longer equals auto lose it could touch theocracies...

Or it could simply be a quality of life aspect to prevent silly losing like that and they are moving on from theocracies. Separating the government types from holdings though tells me that it will likely be a government focused update as that's a lot of work just to prevent losses by owning a church when you could simply just disable that condition

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: May 13, 2015, 10:55:02 am »

I think I remember them saying something about how, after Charlemagne (I think), they were done on expanding the game in time or in terms of playable characters, and were gonna focus on playability.

I might be misremembering though.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7608 on: May 13, 2015, 12:07:52 pm »

I think I remember them saying something about how, after Charlemagne (I think), they were done on expanding the game in time or in terms of playable characters, and were gonna focus on playability.

I can't remember whether or not they said that, but I do remember them saying that they'd optimize the game so it'd run more smoothly (as a lot of people complained about lag after Rajas).

I doubt it's going to be a SI, since that was made in the team's spare time, and had no accompanying patch either.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: May 13, 2015, 12:09:28 pm »

I can't remember whether or not they said that, but I do remember them saying that they'd optimize the game so it'd run more smoothly (as a lot of people complained about lag after Rajas).

I doubt it's going to be a SI, since that was made in the team's spare time, and had no accompanying patch either.
And they did that this patch, apparently.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7610 on: May 13, 2015, 02:14:39 pm »

I've been avoiding this CK2 thread for ages.
Now is the time.

I'm a huge (or used to be ) of CK2, I played wayyy to much last year... I loved the Old Gods (That I still love)
But I got sick of it.

But now... I feel I want to play again (not a lot but the minimal to install the game again)
What do you recommend?
(give a good and interesting chalenge, not an impossible mission :P)

sorry for my english
Thanks friends
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7611 on: May 13, 2015, 02:38:45 pm »

So I just got this in the sweet-ass Paradox Humble Bundle, unfortunately it doesn't have all the DLC. Is the game playable without them? I was planning on waiting for the Steam Summer sale and then buying them all then.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: May 13, 2015, 02:40:29 pm »

Is the game playable without them?
yes

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: May 13, 2015, 02:45:33 pm »

Yes. The major DLC just give you (and the AI, for things that aren't playing as people) access to more mechanics (retinues, playing as various things that aren't a christian feudal ruler, papcy things (but the bundle comes with SoA, so you have that), playing from a couple of times before 1066). The minor DLC give you things like more different faces and music.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: May 13, 2015, 02:47:42 pm »

DLC goes on sale all the time, most likely in a Steam or Humble summer sale.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7616 on: May 13, 2015, 03:18:45 pm »

On the Theocracy speculation: one of the Paradox devs appeared in a speculation thread in their own forums and stated that theocracies will never be playable in ck2. So while there may be mechanics regarding interaction with theocracies, the only way to play one is still to be muslim. I wonder if holy orders are included in this "no theocracies" statement, though.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: May 13, 2015, 03:36:34 pm »

Legacy of Rome is probably the most important expansion. I think its the one that adds the retinue system.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: May 13, 2015, 03:37:07 pm »

I would love to play as a holy order... if only to mod one into saaaaaaaayyyy.... Space Marines and start purging the heretics.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: May 13, 2015, 03:51:52 pm »

I would love to play as a holy order... if only to mod one into saaaaaaaayyyy.... Space Marines and start purging the heretics.
I think you can sort of mod holy orders in. The Night's Watch is playable in the AGOT mod and whatever they did, it doesn't give you a game over when the new commander is not of your dinasty (and you even get to play as him).
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 1002