Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093343 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4275 on: November 18, 2013, 05:23:27 pm »

I think the 2.0 fix stuff, like the levies and stuff, are available without the DLC. Can't confirm it atm though.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: November 18, 2013, 05:34:49 pm »

Everything that is listed in the patch notes are available without the DLC.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: November 19, 2013, 01:55:02 am »

Everything that is listed in the patch notes are available without the DLC.

That's the beautiful thing about how they do DLC content.
I don't *just* mean that it's generous - it's also a great way to showcase the new content, so people get interested in playing as the new factions.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: November 19, 2013, 04:02:58 am »

I may buy the DLC right away. Not sure. That or I wait for the winter sales.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: November 19, 2013, 12:30:07 pm »

My ironman game is going surprisingly well.

I chose the Duke of Swabia and was quite annoyed to find that he was incredibly pathetic. Useless stats, and he was possessed, kinslayer, maimed, and ill. His nickname is also "the Fat". Even worse, he only has one demense even though he's a duke, and that demense is the smallest in his duchy. Actually 2x smaller than one of his vassals. Can't get worse? Hah! His father is his king, the king of West Francia and he's fifth in line to the throne. However, his first brother is the king of East Francia. His second brother is the king of Italy. His uncle is the king of Bavaria. And their children are all in line to get the throne before this crappy duke.

So would it surprise you to know I created the Holy Roman Empire in this ironman game in year 990?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: November 19, 2013, 12:56:52 pm »

So apparently this is a thing.

edit: sadly, they're not actually books :/

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: November 19, 2013, 02:33:46 pm »

I tried out ironman, and to my surprise, lost, for the first time in a long time. I started out with a random ruler, who turned out to be a duke in Bulgaria. The Magyars did their thing, but they let me keep one county. So, ok. Started some scheming to get more land, then the pope calls a crusade against Hungary (!). And then they win the crusade (!!). Then, game over screen.

Oh well! I just find it a little funny that the pagans allowed me to keep my land. It was my fellow christians who stole it from me.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: November 19, 2013, 02:52:52 pm »

A youtuber I'm following is making a Sons of Abraham giveaway. How to win? Have the most upvoted comment on the giveaway video.
Screw him. And fuck google.
There's an additionnal rule: if Bob and his tank army wins, nobody gets the key.

Everybody go and upvote bob. #rage
Full Sig

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: November 19, 2013, 02:54:23 pm »

Oh well! I just find it a little funny that the pagans allowed me to keep my land. It was my fellow christians who stole it from me.
Post a bug report. (regular) Holy Wars let people of the right religion keep their lands, so the same really ought to happen with crusades...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: November 19, 2013, 02:56:57 pm »

My ironman game is going surprisingly well.

I chose the Duke of Swabia and was quite annoyed to find that he was incredibly pathetic. Useless stats, and he was possessed, kinslayer, maimed, and ill. His nickname is also "the Fat". Even worse, he only has one demense even though he's a duke, and that demense is the smallest in his duchy. Actually 2x smaller than one of his vassals. Can't get worse? Hah! His father is his king, the king of West Francia and he's fifth in line to the throne. However, his first brother is the king of East Francia. His second brother is the king of Italy. His uncle is the king of Bavaria. And their children are all in line to get the throne before this crappy duke.

So would it surprise you to know I created the Holy Roman Empire in this ironman game in year 990?
Assassination
What a show
Assassination
Here we go...

Also, for those who might not have known, there's an unofficial fix for the Elder Kings mod that allows it to work with the most recent version of CK2 (well, okay not the most recent if they issued a version upgrade with SoA). Which is good, as the dev team for that mod seems to have all but vanished after their last release.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: November 19, 2013, 02:58:04 pm »

Post a bug report. (regular) Holy Wars let people of the right religion keep their lands, so the same really ought to happen with crusades...

It was a catholic crusade, though, and my ruler was orthodox. I figured that to be the cause, or is that wrong?

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: November 19, 2013, 03:18:53 pm »

Also, for those who might not have known, there's an unofficial fix for the Elder Kings mod that allows it to work with the most recent version of CK2 (well, okay not the most recent if they issued a version upgrade with SoA). Which is good, as the dev team for that mod seems to have all but vanished after their last release.

They said the next version will be released in early December at the latest.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: November 19, 2013, 03:26:10 pm »

It was a catholic crusade, though, and my ruler was orthodox. I figured that to be the cause, or is that wrong?
I believe all Christians get to keep their lands even if they get crusaders. Basically they pay a big fine to the Pope at the end of it.

If you try and crusade the pagan nations, they very often change to Christianity just to keep their lands.

Edit: Here's a picture of my ironman game. I'm Empire of Gods, house Karling.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can see quite a lot of new features. For example, check out all the lands the Teutonic Order has all over the place. Christians in general are superpowered now with all the buffs to Christian holy orders and the ability to take out 300g loans at whim. Also, if your family owns the holy orders (in this case, the Karling family is in charge of Teutonic Knights as well as the Knights of Santiago) you get to hire them at a massive discount. You can even call them into war with you! Christians can also get two more additional massive buffs to character relations in the form of pilgrimage (permanent +5 for everyone) and donation to the Teutonic Order (permanent +10 to every priest). This makes running the empire even easier. Marriage also gives +30 relations to the parties involved.

You're also considered allied if you're the same culture now too, which is interesting.

I haven't been able to figure out how the cardinal system works though. And the pope constantly pesters you to switch to papal investiture which is complete bullshit anyway.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: November 19, 2013, 04:22:30 pm »

What does the DLC unlock anyways? No monies right now and I'm still in the pagen interest anyways.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: November 19, 2013, 04:30:36 pm »

A youtuber I'm following is making a Sons of Abraham giveaway. How to win? Have the most upvoted comment on the giveaway video.
Screw him. And fuck google.
There's an additionnal rule: if Bob and his tank army wins, nobody gets the key.

Everybody go and upvote bob. #rage
How would you of done it? Arumba giving away a key is hardly a "screw him" situation.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 1002