Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093537 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #4230 on: October 31, 2013, 11:08:36 am »

If you're in the mood for some Halloween themed Crusader Kings fun there's a new user made mod: Crusader Kings Z ~ A Zombie Invasion Minimod for CK2

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?732226-MiniMod-Crusader-Kings-Z

I've been wanting to start up a new game so I think I'll take the opportunity to give the mod a go. :)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: October 31, 2013, 11:35:04 am »

You know, I think a zombie apocalypse would be less successful in medieval era, what with body armor, people trained in cutting or bashing people's heads and smaller population density. In fact, I've been wondering if someone ever made a non-modern zombie novel.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: October 31, 2013, 11:39:03 am »

World War Z did something like that, I think? The virus had been around since we crawled out of Africa and spread everywhere, but it was never able to get to critical mass of zombies because of population density and head-smashing.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: October 31, 2013, 11:44:30 am »

World War Z did something like that, I think? The virus had been around since we crawled out of Africa and spread everywhere, but it was never able to get to critical mass of zombies because of population density and head-smashing.

Zombie Survival Guide, I think; it had a bunch of sections of basically 'Outbreaks throughout history', but that was pretty much just a bunch of shorts tacked on the end of the book, I'd like to see a full novel.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: October 31, 2013, 04:12:20 pm »

I'd like to see a full novel.
It's not the focus of the series, but it's happening in the Song of Ice and Fire. Also it already happened in (/by) Fire Sea (third book of The Death Gate Cycle), though, again, that isn't quite the focus of the book (and the zombies are more like ghouls then "real" zombies anyway)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: October 31, 2013, 04:19:04 pm »

Actually, the horror is that the zombie apocalypse already happened in 3306 BC. We are the zombies.

It explains so much.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: October 31, 2013, 05:03:45 pm »

On the other hand, no sanitation, terrible "medicine", lack of real ranged options that are effective against zombies, among other issues. :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: October 31, 2013, 05:09:33 pm »

On the other hand, no sanitation, terrible "medicine", lack of real ranged options that are effective against zombies, among other issues. :P

See, that's why I want a novel about it. Explore the implications!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: October 31, 2013, 05:57:55 pm »

Hmm. Yeah, I've seen that in a few fantasy settings but never in a historic setting. Would be interesting to see what stories came out of it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: October 31, 2013, 07:45:17 pm »

Well, the whole concept of a zombie apocalypse is quite illogical as it is already, so if you're willing to suspend your disbelief to imagine the feasibility of a zombie apocalypse today, there's no reason why a zombie apocalypse in 1500 couldn't work.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: October 31, 2013, 10:08:15 pm »

I remember there was a few wc3 maps about a medieval era zombie invasion.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: November 01, 2013, 03:07:55 pm »

Yeah, those are wonderful.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: November 01, 2013, 10:04:41 pm »

Vassalized the count of Bajarmia and tried to press his claim for the duchy. Not only did he decide he wanted out, but upon being granted the request, he actually joined the war on the opposing side. I guess he really likes his coat of arms or something...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

fake edit: Well, I guess he does live up to the title "Unpredictable Leader" :D
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: November 02, 2013, 06:42:08 am »

That's a weird coincidence. I'm playing king of perm too.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: November 07, 2013, 09:27:41 pm »

I'm thinking of doing a new run of crusader kings 2 with the old gods. My last playing experience was starting as a one province orthodox count in zaozerye (in novgorod). However, I'm looking to take advantage of the earlier start date of the old gods this time round. A couple questions:
-Is it any pagans that can raid provinces via river, or just the norse?
-What's the hardest pagan one province count in the early start date?
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 1002