Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092358 times)

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #375 on: February 19, 2012, 07:04:32 am »

Damn, its soo good. Can't wait for Westeros mod. However it still got some problems:
- "Desires a better alliance" in almost every marriage outside of your realm when trying to marry heirs (but you can easily marry anyone to oldest sons of heirs).
- France in Iberia.
- The Overpowered Holy Roman Empire can own anything anywhere, any tries to gain independence fail badly. There is no plot to gain independence so you can't start the war with help of your allies inside the empire. Trying doing it alone (look problem nr.1) will be met with few stacks of 12k soldiers. Starting as Matilda of Tuscany i barely managed to gain independence 100 years later (1167) controling Kingdoms of Italy and Sicily + North Africa from Tunis to Alexandria.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 19, 2012, 09:12:44 am »

- France in Iberia.
This problem can be solved with the Improved religions mod. It changes the holy war casus belli so that it can only be used on neighbouring heathens.

Improved religious wars. I'm not sure if it's compatible with the latest version, but it's also incorporated into Bella Gerant Alii, which definitely is.

E: Do any AI characters every go crusading?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 10:07:06 am by Cheese »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 19, 2012, 10:11:14 am »

E: Do any AI characters every go crusading?

In that mod or in general? If the former, I can't say, but I don't see why they shouldn't. In vanilla, they go crusading all the time. I just saw the King of Scotland do a successful crusade for the Duchy of Ascalon. Before that came a ton of smaller crusades that all pretty much failed, but it was interesting to see the forces of small HRE states walk all the way through the Byzantine Empire just to get to the crusade target.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Frash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 19, 2012, 10:11:14 am »

From what I've seen, they only Crusade when the target's pretty weak. I had a crusade called on some little Emirate in Spain, and half of Europe jumped on them. Then another was called on Alexandria, and nobody risked taking on the Caliphate.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 19, 2012, 10:22:59 am »

Nevermind, the pope called a crusade on Ascalon and the HRE and Hungary are already sending armies by sea.

The mod doesn't affect crusades by the way.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 19, 2012, 10:26:13 am »

Yeah I just had five consecutive crusades against the shitte caliph in egypt and not a single monarch joined me in any of them.  Luckily the two holy orders were available most of the time so it wasn't all that hard to do them solo.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 19, 2012, 10:49:31 am »

EDIT: Wrong Thread
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:41:31 am by Silent_Thunder »

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 19, 2012, 11:22:56 am »

Wrong thread?

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 19, 2012, 12:05:27 pm »

Omnomnomnom

Not really having an issue with this France in Iberia because without France the Reconquista(Although it could now be called the reconquête I guess) would be long dead. (Navarra hasn't gotten anywhere)

Besides there is a pretty good chance those French-Iberian dukes are going to end up independent at some point anyways, if my experiences in this campaign are any indicator.

On a side note, Fuck Elective law once you get to Duke, it works so nice on the count level but Ducal level forget about it... Fucking Counts.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:08:36 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 19, 2012, 12:37:19 pm »

Damn, its soo good. Can't wait for Westeros mod. However it still got some problems:
- "Desires a better alliance" in almost every marriage outside of your realm when trying to marry heirs (but you can easily marry anyone to oldest sons of heirs).
- France in Iberia.
- The Overpowered Holy Roman Empire can own anything anywhere, any tries to gain independence fail badly. There is no plot to gain independence so you can't start the war with help of your allies inside the empire. Trying doing it alone (look problem nr.1) will be met with few stacks of 12k soldiers. Starting as Matilda of Tuscany i barely managed to gain independence 100 years later (1167) controling Kingdoms of Italy and Sicily + North Africa from Tunis to Alexandria.

It wouldn't be realistic to just get independent from a freaking empire. And why would someone help you get independent, unless they wanted that themselves, but then again, why would they? I made an empire from Toscana and then declared independence and only when the Empire was in a crisis. No country should actually be able to go man-on-man with the Empire. After winning against the Empire, again, only because it was in turmoil, all the suddenly muslims got on my ass and the only reason I fended them off was because I married my heir to a imperial princess and successfully called the Empire to arms.

Also, Le Blob Bleu is not always strong and almighty. In my game the muslims have iberia and france completely. My heir was trying to steal the french throne, when all the sudden, the country you know as France just dissolved, it was no more, only it's independent duchies. Who, needless to say, got eaten by muslims.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 19, 2012, 01:10:23 pm »

'Spain', France and 'the infidels' are in a landlock battle over Iberia over in my current game.

Gavelkind, prelude to The Art of the Kinslayer.  Also, marrying old women who cannot give birth anymore, but still making bastards, just in case.

Just for kicks, I marry my family to infidels, so I can vary the gene pool and character looks, I think I spread the middle eastern look into the Great Britain area, because I can.  Now... changing the religions?  To Sunni or Shiite, even heretic? Thats gonna take a bit more hurt and heart-ache...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 19, 2012, 01:53:06 pm »

There is a new patch out by the way (1.03b). Gamergate people, update via the launcher. Steamers, just let it download.

CHANGE LOG:

- Loading a save where you had marked characters of interest or non-interest will no longer crash the game
- Fixed a bug with the de jure modifier not being initialized correctly for most kingdoms and above
- Fixed a tooltip crash in the Realm Tree
- Fixed an issue with long MP game connection times
- Fixed an MP OOS issue that would manifest a day or two after starting
- Fixed an issue with burgher heirs retaining burgher laws when inheriting a feudal demesne
- Fixed several script errors with the special CoAs in Dynasty CoA Pack DLC
- The texture in the Dynasty CoA Pack DLC now works correctly on all graphics cards
- Children of rulers now automatically get the appropriate claims when you start a new game (they don't need to be scripted in)
- Fixed the Steam install script so it won't run every time you start the application
- In order to ask for an invasion CB, you must be at peace and either have a claim on a primary title of the target's, or have fewer holdings in your realm
- AI will now change tech focus
- Revised reverse demands for CBs to make them more interesting
- Diplo AI: Will not allow matrilineal marriages with unimportant characters
- Diplo AI: Will say no to marriages that would make valuable courtiers (councillors) move
- Diplo AI: Will be reluctant to let skilled courtiers move to marry
- Diplo AI: Will now sometimes grant titles to unlanded courtiers again!
- Diplo AI: Fixed a bug where a completely beaten AI would surrender too easy
- Diplo AI: Muted AI spam about marriages if player already declined offer
- Diplo AI: Will not declare religious wars for overseas territories that de jure belong to an independent duke or king of its own faith
- Invasion AI: Better at not disembarking into an enemy army
- Invasion AI: Optimized prio target selection
- Invasion AI: Fixed an issue with pointless counter-invasions
- Invasion AI: Will now load armies in port when possible, in order to avoid loading armies onto the wrong fleets
- Invasion AI: Should now understand how to target peasant rebels
- Resigning now changes the checksum, so you cannot join an MP game without restarting the game (which would cause an OOS anyway.)
- Boosted the strength of peasant rebel units by 50%
- Fixed a bug with the CB for the Institute Gavelkind plot
- Upped the length of truces to 10 years (from 3)
- Added fractions to the revolt risk in the province view
- Added a monthly law vote check to make sure laws pass when they should
- Fixed a bug with port buildings not giving more galleys
- Fixed a problem with running the game on large TV screens
- Raised mercenary hire costs a little bit
- Flank leader damage bonus changed from 1% to 2% for each point in martial
- Fixed an issue where granting titles would disband troops
- Fixed an issue with a plot where the target would retain his title even when he folded
- Fixed a problem with playing the Earl of Durhamn causing immediate game over
- Ask for ransom interaction can now be initiated with the liege
- Ask to ransom interaction in the diplomacy window now has a proper title when selecting target
- Rebalanced the initial situation between William, Harald and Harold
- Gave Edward III a claim on France so the 100 years war bookmark will work correctly
- Corrected the history of Gevaudan to avoid dead "Serene Doges" of France at startup and make sure it has prince bishops at the end
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 19, 2012, 02:55:52 pm »

My current game, started as Novgorod in 866. Modded holy wars to only disallow tengri instead of all pagans. I'm only responsible for what's gone on in Rus, Ireland, and Scotland.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 19, 2012, 03:00:14 pm »

Alriiiiight, finally have enough land to declare myself king of Ireland. Now I just need to scrape together 300+ cash. Any suggestions? Right now I'm looking to push harsher taxes, and I know going to war nets you cash from successful sieges. There's also exile, but I can't count on that.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 19, 2012, 03:05:40 pm »

Alriiiiight, finally have enough land to declare myself king of Ireland. Now I just need to scrape together 300+ cash. Any suggestions? Right now I'm looking to push harsher taxes, and I know going to war nets you cash from successful sieges. There's also exile, but I can't count on that.

What's your income? I'm guessing Ireland isn't too rich. It's hard to imagine someone having trouble getting 300 cash when you're playing a Byzzie duke with +13.00 monthly income.

I suggest increasing city taxes, it's usually my first move with any character.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 1002