Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092031 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6135 on: October 04, 2014, 05:38:23 pm »

hey guys, best mods for current patch? just wondering, as i've always liked the SWMH, but CK+ calls kinda..
I'll always recommend Lux Invicta due to how well thought out it's alt-history is. As well as being really fun.

EDIT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's what my game looks like at the moment. It's... Strange.
The Arpad, ex-kings of the Magyars, failed their invasion of Bulgaria, founded Ruthenia, got counter-invaded by Bulgaria, fled to Crimea, led a rebellion around 940 and now rule the duchy. And are orthodox.
Georgia ate through Khazaria, pure and simple.
The Karlings lost Lotharingia, and the Abassids lost the caliphate.
That's 6 separate rebellions in the iberian peninsula.
For some reason, mega-georgia makes me happy.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 05:41:46 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: October 04, 2014, 05:48:23 pm »

Playing as the Mongols.

LIBERATION REVOLTS ARE SO FUCKING DUUUUUUUMB ARGHGHFSDFH

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: October 04, 2014, 05:52:33 pm »

I imagine that's in place to (lightly) discourage save scumming.
Got ironman mode for that.

And EU IV doesn't have it.

Actually I'm pretty sure it has to do with checksums and stuff. Loading one game from another without resigning can cause crashes in some games. I guess they managed to get it working perfectly for Eu4 but couldn't stamp out the problem with CK2.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: October 04, 2014, 06:00:10 pm »

For some reason, mega-georgia makes me happy.
+1.  I always root for them in my worlds
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: October 04, 2014, 06:11:39 pm »

Welp, I'm not playing the Mongols anymore, because four liberation revolts or so within the space of a year is absolutely fucking ridiculous.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: October 04, 2014, 08:36:03 pm »

Rise up against your Mongol overlords!  Reinstate your European overlords!
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: October 04, 2014, 09:39:33 pm »

Rise up against your Mongol overlords!  Reinstate your European overlords!
And then rise up against said European overlords because they are heathens of [insert incorrect religion here]!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: October 04, 2014, 09:44:19 pm »

hey guys, best mods for current patch? just wondering, as i've always liked the SWMH, but CK+ calls kinda..

If you love the series like I do, Elder Kings might entertain you.

Go Argonia!
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: October 05, 2014, 03:27:48 am »

Welp, I'm not playing the Mongols anymore, because four liberation revolts or so within the space of a year is absolutely fucking ridiculous.
Just create the kingdom titles, that stops this kind of rebellions from happening.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: October 05, 2014, 08:38:42 am »

Playing my first campaign as Denmark. Got my spymaster wife KIA and remarried with a 20something. King Guy fell in love with her instantly, they had a son and everything was fine. Then the Pope Guy called a Crusade and I decided to join the bandwagon. Halfway there my wife dies from sickness, my king gets depressed and dies and my daughter is now queen, angering all my vassals. If that was not enough my worst enemy/vassal(I wasn't counting on him outliving my king, he was 12~ years older) gets her excommunicated and everybody hates her to death.
What a mess. Everything went well to the end of the crusade though. Now I need to get rid of that vassal's son and my husband(who is my former worst enemy's son, because why not).

A bit disheartening that Denmark is squished between the HRE and the Scandinavians. The only place I've got to invade is pagan Pomerania, and it might be stronger than it seems.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: October 05, 2014, 08:43:13 am »

I just finished a campaign as Denmark the other day.  Expanding east through Pomerania and Lithuania and then north through Finland worked out pretty well for me.  You also start with a lot of children so don't forget to marry them off.

Denmark starts with a claim against England, so it might be worth gambling on that.  There's a Steam achievement for that.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: October 05, 2014, 12:12:18 pm »

Terrain effects?  Are you attacking across a river or into mountains?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: October 05, 2014, 12:21:28 pm »

What unit make up are your army and theirs? Horse Archers versus Light Infantry is likely to win even in those situations, but Heavy instead?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: October 05, 2014, 12:22:15 pm »

often times it has to do with the combat tactics each flank of your army is rolling.  A few bad tactics, especially with small armies involved can turn a battle pretty quickly.  You can see which tactic each flank is using in the battle screen, they can give pretty significant bonuses and maluses. 
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: October 05, 2014, 12:28:29 pm »

In addition to the above, Ive noticed that, especially in the baltic (lituania ftw :P ), terrain and promotions make a huge difference.  A brave, cruel, Heavy infantry, aggressive man with only 8 marital can foreseeably wipe the floor with your superawesome 21 martial general.  And then cripple the general and make him craven.

I have a theory about traits in the game, since Im here.  Abstractly they represent both actual traits and struggles the character would experience as well as public opinion of him.  So he might be a noble soul, but if he is tainted with rumors, he'll get traits corresponding to that.  i.e. craven, suspected craven, and other things.

---

army makeup is important, and so is the actual randomized tactics used.  A higher martial gives you a raw bonus as well as unlocks other tactics.  Im a huge fan of pikemen/hinfantry and cruel.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 1002