Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092008 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12300 on: July 14, 2017, 06:51:26 pm »

I watched listened to somebody do a Hearts of Iron playthrough the other week, and I figured Id give err a go.

No dlc yet, so idk if anything is different, but I cannot get the stupid battle planner to be what I consider competent.

Or rather, as aggressive as Id like it to be.  Ive learned about early game enough via a few false starts, and basic combat is fine enough to grasp, but I cannot understand the reasoning behind the ai shuffling units around to keep the front 'even'.  I dont care if they arent even, I dont want you walking across the frackin' alps to make the line prettier.  Push, push, push

CHARGE, CHARGE, CHARGE

anywho, not the right thread, but I dont keen on finding one.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12301 on: July 14, 2017, 09:13:49 pm »

Hm, almost sounds like a nice change from CK2's border gore though :P

"You got Brittany in my Britannia!"  "You got Vikings in my India!"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12302 on: July 16, 2017, 09:01:48 am »

Decided to take a crack at a different kind of AGOT game from my usual "pick a character I like in the canon timeframe", so I fired up the Century of Blood submod and played as the current Tully lord.

E: I just conquered the entire world by right-clicking on everyone's titles and hitting a button with the raw name of their title. I'm assuming it's a bug?

E2: Also, has anybody here tried Middle-Earth Project? If so, how would you recommend starting? I was considering Aragorn, but that seems like a very non-traditional game. I also considered doing The Last Alliance as Isildur, but his huge empire is a bit annoying to manage, and to even form the eponymous alliance I need to wait ten years from the bookmark start date.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:14:41 am by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12303 on: July 16, 2017, 06:48:45 pm »

Booted up a multiplayer game, if anyone is interested:

Server Name: ZanzetMulti
Password: a
ServerID: 90109998264789000
Start Date: December 28, 1066
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12304 on: July 17, 2017, 02:25:48 am »

til that ck is not the only game with crappy inheritance bugs.

you dont trust the game when they make one vassal independent of you to fight another vassal of yours, or in a civil war.  because that fucker just got away scott-free

and you don't force a communist revolution in France to taje advantage of the distraction to bust through the alps.  because those fucking commies just got all that land you bled for, even after they lose and hide in africa and donate all your land to the Soviets while hitler sits with his thumb up his ass staring longingly at Poland and riding bitch for japan who has taken over all of central asia

oh sure, im strong, but japan is stronger, and i underestimated how many big boats England could field and how mamy planes france could feed into my prewar +5 everything monsterfighters.

i had fun and i wasnt the biggest chipon the block in 1940 when i quit, but i did learn a lot about fighting big people states

like the ai for front line infantry is stuck in wwi and the game doesn't use tanks well.  i had 6 tank divisions and loved all of them, oncei learned that overextension kills
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12305 on: July 17, 2017, 09:46:38 pm »

Dude, just use the HOI IV thread.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12306 on: July 22, 2017, 02:15:52 am »

When you find a way to mod all the +1000 CK2Plus province files for 7 holdings/settlements all at once.  Then see a bunch of blank files when you finish up and check on them.

-100 morale.  But then, saw that there were some files that were not 0kb.  Realize the blanks were the Indian provinces.  Part of the India submod.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12307 on: July 22, 2017, 05:23:51 pm »

I've noticed that too, but I just chalk it up to low(er) health scores.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12308 on: July 22, 2017, 05:41:47 pm »

Define "used to." Pre reapers due? And how do your guys tend to die? Disease?

The one that gets me a lot of the time is the middling provincial diseases. Black Plague, you seclude with courtiers for. Things like dancing plague or camp fever don't kill you, or at least have never killed me. But Smallpox? Measles? Those are the kind that tend to kill me because they don't kill me *so often* that I feel the need to take the hits from secluding with courtiers, so a few of my courtiers die and sometimes I'm included.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12309 on: July 22, 2017, 06:14:50 pm »

Old age for me. I shut myself in for the common cold, man; fuck dem peasants.

'cept that one time I came out to help the peasants with the bodies during the Black Death 'cause my character was Kind, and got infected.

Survived, though, so it was okay.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12310 on: July 22, 2017, 09:10:14 pm »

Syphilis. It's always syphilis.

e: Except when it's cancer or getting killed the one time I lead an army.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:11:47 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12311 on: July 22, 2017, 10:21:02 pm »

Weird, my guys always seem to die between 55 and 60. I almost never seclude myself, but I usually have good doctors though.

It feels like every time I take the Theology focus and I'm past 50 I start the immortality event chain too.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12312 on: July 22, 2017, 10:43:44 pm »

Natural deaths are rng-based (and can be tweaked in the defines). It takes into account your age and health, but is still rng.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12313 on: July 23, 2017, 01:17:27 am »

I never seclude myself. God and/or Lucifer protect the righteous! Sure, I occasionally catch the local epidemic, but it tends to go fine. I once caught the Black Death as a 7-year-old and survived it that way!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12314 on: July 23, 2017, 08:39:43 am »

the game has a nasty tendency to pile on the haalth maluses.

got a headache?  now youre depressed!
kicking too much ass in war?  war is def more dangerous now.  but cancer for you.

when is the last time you guys went on a grand hunt? 
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 1002