Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092371 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12195 on: May 08, 2017, 04:52:07 pm »

The Steam interface is absurdly bad for purchasing multiple DLC at once, outside a package.  Lots of loading and hitting the back button, hard to justify.  No matter how cheap they are, and how much I don't mind supporting a dev.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12196 on: May 09, 2017, 09:11:00 pm »

That De Jure Duchy CB is a huge step forward, IMO. De jure county conquest is nice at the Duke level, but it's practically pointless from King onward unless you have a really tiny de jure kingdom like Poland.

E: Ducal county conquest seems like it should only be allowed at the Count level, though. Dukes should be past the point of fabricating claims.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:13:01 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12197 on: May 10, 2017, 02:10:38 pm »

I just had a thought for a succession game.  After each death, the next player then plays as a character of an entirely separate dynasty.  See what kind of world we would wind up making by jumping around like madmen from ruler to ruler, and it would help in preventing people from getting turns that are stupid long as a result of being stuck with a very small child.

Thoughts?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12198 on: May 10, 2017, 02:28:33 pm »

I just had a thought for a succession game.  After each death, the next player then plays as a character of an entirely separate dynasty.  See what kind of world we would wind up making by jumping around like madmen from ruler to ruler, and it would help in preventing people from getting turns that are stupid long as a result of being stuck with a very small child.

Thoughts?

Sounds interesting... It'd be more like we're playing an entire alternate history setting in that case
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12199 on: May 10, 2017, 02:53:59 pm »

Thoughts?

Sounds interesting... It'd be more like we're playing an entire alternate history setting in that case

So I should title it a Succession World?

Also, in case we actually do get that far, later paradox games have representations of rulers as well, right?  Because if we can get all the way to HoI4, we could have that going on til a world conquest is achieved and use that as a background for a Stellaris game.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12200 on: May 10, 2017, 03:49:20 pm »

I think there's a break in the chain beteen EU IV and the HOI series, so we'd at least need to mod something a little, but in theory, yep.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: May 10, 2017, 03:51:51 pm »

I think there's a break in the chain beteen EU IV and the HOI series, so we'd at least need to mod something a little, but in theory, yep.

Vicky 2 doesn't exist now? Sounds interesting anyway, would make a different endgame than the usual blobbery. Would you use the random character tool or let people choose?

EDIT: Ah, you mean representations of rulers. Would just be simpler to have a year limit after CK2.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: May 10, 2017, 04:14:25 pm »

Vicky 2 doesn't exist now? Sounds interesting anyway, would make a different endgame than the usual blobbery. Would you use the random character tool or let people choose?

I'd let people choose, so they could select a ruler based upon how much time they have available to set aside for a playthrough/write up and can select someone at the size they want to operate.  That way, we can prevent the long dead zones the last game had.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12203 on: May 10, 2017, 07:39:49 pm »

Oooh, nifty. Sign me up for an EU4 and/or CKII round, assuming a no-DLC game of EU4 is okay.

I speak from experience when I say that only choosing random characters is a bad idea. Last time I tried a personal game like that, in CKII, my first character was a no-name one-county Greek count completely incapable of doing anything of note. I got bored, so I took the Seduction focus and started screwing everyone's wives for kicks, accomplishing nothing whatsoever (outside of getting a free viceroyalty from the emperor, which, of course, left nothing after my death.)

Should we start with the 769 start date, so we have maximum timeline length? Over 1,179 years of alternate history would be absolutely epic, assuming Karling bordergore doesn't thoroughly destroy Europe beforehand.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:43:41 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: May 10, 2017, 08:31:54 pm »

Oooh, nifty. Sign me up for an EU4 and/or CKII round, assuming a no-DLC game of EU4 is okay.

I don't know about EU4, but (with exception to the untested Monks and Mystics), the only DLC required to open a save is Conclave, so to open up the most amount, we're leaving that out (hopefully it stays out this time...)

Anyway, I did start in 769 for the most options.  I'll post the thread when I'm done with my turn.  Hilariously, the Karlings are in two civil wars right now.  One to get someone on the throne of West Francia, and an entirely separate war to get the same guy on the throne of Middle Francia.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: May 11, 2017, 08:40:12 am »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: May 11, 2017, 02:28:15 pm »

I would suggest pick a count to start, and then the next person clicks "random ruler" until the first person of equivalent rank.

Though, uh, if someone somehow manages to get an emperor title, that might be an issue... So maybe first king at that point, even if your predecessor was an emperor, just so you're not stuck "Well I'm either the [player] emperor, or the byzantines. :V"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12207 on: May 11, 2017, 03:13:23 pm »

I would suggest pick a count to start, and then the next person clicks "random ruler" until the first person of equivalent rank.

Though, uh, if someone somehow manages to get an emperor title, that might be an issue... So maybe first king at that point, even if your predecessor was an emperor, just so you're not stuck "Well I'm either the [player] emperor, or the byzantines. :V"

Considering how quickly I had managed to blitz to King-level, and not starting as duke would not have added much time, it is a little moot.  Maybe the next person could work off of something that was changed by the actions of the prior character, or would have been attributed to them?  (ex. I figure the actions I did could justifiably be attributed to having caused the Viking age, so maybe the next person could start as the small realm Denmark surrounds, and they could prepared invasion somewhere in the British Isles?  Third could play around there and do something to affect another region of the world (maybe Asturias?), which leads the next player to the Muslims who would attack Lombardy in retaliation for taking parts of Africa, putting the next player around the Lombards and so on.  Only one example, though.)  Still, even that has its limitations, as there are major events occurring elsewhere in the world.  In my posted run, the Shia Caliphate has risen in the middle east, France has fragmented wierdly, Mali has formed with very little resistance for it to expand outwards due to the Umayyids staying in Spain and not going into Africa, Lombardy has had a successful Holy War for Tunis, and the Abbassids are expanding down to Ethiopia.

Rather just let people do their own things.  Might get a chain of events, might get 'what's happening over in <X> region of the world?'  Might have people playing on the same rank, might have others wanting to collapse an Empire or build a Kingdom from nothing.  Everyone has something they would prefer to do, so I'd rather not limit things.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12208 on: May 14, 2017, 01:17:07 pm »

58 percent total discount, and the whole shebang comes out to 110 dollars. The five year Anniversary edition has a handful of DLCs, but what else, aside from cosmetics, is there to get? I can think of Rajas of India off the top of my head, but given the nature of the title, there's probably a handful others.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: May 14, 2017, 01:43:13 pm »

58 percent total discount, and the whole shebang comes out to 110 dollars. The five year Anniversary edition has a handful of DLCs, but what else, aside from cosmetics, is there to get? I can think of Rajas of India off the top of my head, but given the nature of the title, there's probably a handful others.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: I wouldn't get India unless you REALLY want to play in India.
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1002