Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can I kill a Bronze Collossus?  (Read 3139 times)

Asmageddon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: anime anime anime anime anime]
    • View Profile
Can I kill a Bronze Collossus?
« on: August 15, 2010, 11:09:38 am »

My stats are pretty cool.... Just look at screenies.
As for skills - they are NOT cheated/hacked. I earned them by standing with disabled moving and dodging and looking as a harmless animal 'beats' me for quite a long time. Then I wrestled a tiger by 'c'hanging my combat preferences for also very long. As for shield - I lied covered by skeletal and zombie warthogs and observed as skill raises. As for woodcooter - I've got Wanderer mod installed(though I didn't use it for quite some time)
Ok, here are screenies:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry for quality of later two, but tinypic and all other photo uploading webpages started crashing and I had to resort to using twitpic :>

So, can I kill a bronze collossus, or should I max up my sword skill using elven, wooden one on elephants/zombiez/skeletons/other monsters, and then get from dwarfs some exceptional quality steel gear?

What are my chances of killing a collosi now, and what would be after what I intend to do.(oh, on side note: since maxing wrestling/fighting NOTHING. NEVER. EVER. hit me(except from when I use shield - attacks are blocked... but that doesn't count as hit, does it?))

PS.: Oh, and if you want to ask how much legendary that is... well... wrestler is something like +8 is for sure, and fighter possibly one more... :>
I don't need a signature.

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
Re: Can I kill a Bronze Collossus?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 11:40:12 am »

Step one - Find Fluffy Wamblers
Two - Pick up a bunch of them
Three - Throw at colossus
Four - Victory Dance
Five - Encounter Wolfs on the way to town
Six - FUN
Seven -
Eight - Somehow acquire money that you did not have before.
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

Asmageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 12:53:46 pm »

Well, you see... I have heard that story, but i have also heard other stories... I wouldnt really like to lose my super-adventurer.... And i dont know how powerfull are bcs exactly.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 01:14:59 pm »

You need swimming close to legendary, a masterwork platinum maul, and a cave next a river or lake. Bait the Colossus out of the cave.Make sure your close to the water source. Now circle around him and knock him into the water. If he tries to get out, knock him back in there. Mash wait until nightfall or winter. He will be in-cased in ice and die. And you killed the Colossus. Be sure to bring food and a couple of water skins full of alcohol. The water in them would freeze to ice.

Asmageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 01:43:27 pm »

Uh, so its not really possible to kill him using swords or other conventional weaponry, even with my fighting? :<

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 02:48:25 pm »

Sure it's possible to kill a collosus, just as long as you have a large enough edged weapon made of a material better than bronze.  Weaker materials will simply deflect off constantly, blunt damage seems to be pretty useless against something with no bones or organs, and tiny weapons will never get the killing sever you need.  I managed to seriously cripple one wielding a steel bolt that was my only steel weapon, but I could never get it to actually die even though it couldn't stand and was reduced to 'pushing' as it's attack.  Also, bring some meat shields to distract it because if it touches you once with any attack you're probably going to wind up with shattered bones which will slow you down enough for it to catch you and pound your head into your torso.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Ten_Tacles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 03:14:50 pm »

I killed one using a simple bronze axe.
But well, I was 1000 times bigger and 100 times faster then it.
May have been that though.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 03:39:48 pm »

Will throwing rocks or bones at it work? And this sounds like a stupid question, but can you strangle it? I beat on this guy for 15 mins and he didn't manage to hit me, but I couldn't even scratch him.

EDIT: And how do you hunt a Colossus? I ran away eventually, came back and found partial skeletons of my companions scattered around the cave, but no colossus.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 03:46:50 pm by Dok Enkephalin »

Asmageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 05:20:48 pm »

*SIGH*
As expected, collossus was unable to get past my shield (or even 'hit' me at all), but my bronze sword didn't even impress him... Guess I'm gonna go to dwarves and get some brand new, steel gear. Or retire/rest my adventurer, breach HFS and go for the adamantite blade. I doubt if demons could even dream about wounding me....

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 05:51:57 pm »

*SIGH*
As expected, collossus was unable to get past my shield (or even 'hit' me at all), but my bronze sword didn't even impress him... Guess I'm gonna go to dwarves and get some brand new, steel gear. Or retire/rest my adventurer, breach HFS and go for the adamantite blade. I doubt if demons could even dream about wounding me....
they can tear you to shreds. Make a fortress next in the town you retire your adventurer in, hit admantine and forge some blades, stick them in a lead bin in a house, then abandon and start with the adventurer again. I like my way because it's quicker.

Asmageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 06:32:19 pm »

Really? Well, I've got Legendary+9(or more) in fighting, +7 in wrestling, +2 or 3 in shield usage, and something like that in sword. After I've got steel sword from my dwarven compainon(oh, poor guy, didn't drop the sword until that ettin chopped him to pieces).
The collossus was a kid play - didn't hit me once, I slashed him into 3 pieces, when he finally died from (I guess) too big amount of wounds.
Yes. I *AM* gonna go to the HFS, since nothing else can even begin to treathen me.
Also in a cave where I had to kill something(a cyclop iirc) I found toooons(and I mean tons: thousands(oh, well, hundreds, but that's still a lot)) of gems(including feather ones... no comment), and quite a lot of other items, which I sold.... I've got quite a bit of money, I'm gonna buy the best stuff around(too bad there are no super-expensive artifacts :<; And too bad I can't find a dwarven merchant to buy some exceptional steel sword(and too bad there are no steel 2h/long ones).
So well, I guess I can retire my adventurer and start playing him again after breaching HFS in fortress mode?

Asmageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 04:40:15 am »

F.U.*.K this game.
I, who lied under ~10 skeletal and zombie dogs, who tried to kill me for a day and escaped unharmed.
Me, who killed bronze collossus without even getting bruised.
Me, equipped with steel short sword and set of exceptional quality bronze armor.
I got killed by... an ettin with just one kill.
I got quest to kill him, and I saw a hole, but no entrance, so I jumped inside the cave, stood up and saw two ettins.
Killed one of them easily, and then one of them decided to wrestle me, ME, Legendary+9(!!!) Wrestler and broke my arm. I tried to escape, but I met next two ettins. On next level, even next two. Then one, which picked up my steel sword slashed my arm, and that killed me.
Seriously, there SHOULD be something like, for every max level of a skill you get above 15 there should be an additional n/2 (where n is points required for next level) and limit of the skill should be raised to max level gained - 1.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 05:04:59 am »

F.U.*.K this game.
I, who lied under ~10 skeletal and zombie dogs, who tried to kill me for a day and escaped unharmed.
Me, who killed bronze collossus without even getting bruised.
Me, equipped with steel short sword and set of exceptional quality bronze armor.
I got killed by... an ettin with just one kill.
I got quest to kill him, and I saw a hole, but no entrance, so I jumped inside the cave, stood up and saw two ettins.
Killed one of them easily, and then one of them decided to wrestle me, ME, Legendary+9(!!!) Wrestler and broke my arm. I tried to escape, but I met next two ettins. On next level, even next two. Then one, which picked up my steel sword slashed my arm, and that killed me.
Seriously, there SHOULD be something like, for every max level of a skill you get above 15 there should be an additional n/2 (where n is points required for next level) and limit of the skill should be raised to max level gained - 1.
So you had FUN now didn't ya?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 06:07:34 am »

This reminds me of the times when I kill giant after giant and then get fucking SLAUGHTERED by a wolf.Fun works in mysterious ways.

Asmageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 06:50:47 am »

Fun works in mysterious ways.
That's just plain fu**ing brilliant xD

EDIT: Oh, and well, you know, I used to slash minotaurs in half, kill bronze collosi, and I slaughtered quite a lot of ettins. In fact, these ettins were first things to hit me since I gained that Legendary+xxx fighting....
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:54:18 am by Asmageddon »
Pages: [1] 2