Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53

Author Topic: BYOR 4 - Game Over: Cult Win  (Read 109961 times)

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 5: Fastest Night Ever
« Reply #645 on: September 08, 2010, 06:21:49 am »

She said the fire ability is Auto, not 1-shot.  Vector, are you sure you're not an Arsonist?

Jokerman - Looks like somebody redirected Pandar to you.  I don't see any reason why he'd target you last night, since you were missing.  Anyone wanna claim it, as well as why they'd have prior knowledge that Jokerman was going to be returning?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 08, 2010, 12:50:32 pm »

She said the fire ability is Auto, not 1-shot.  Vector, are you sure you're not an Arsonist?

I'm not sure, obviously, but it doesn't seem like the sort of thing you'd want to put on someone without a recurrent power.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 - Day 4: Nothing.
« Reply #647 on: September 08, 2010, 12:51:37 pm »

Also Zai, BROODY IS CONFIRMED TOON, stop being a moron.

Because you know how big the scumteam is?  How would you know that, hmmm?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 08, 2010, 04:25:37 pm »

If that's true, than what was your role- that could prove most unfortunate were we to stumble into someone using your powers with out advanced notice: Forewarned is Forearmed; and that's half an Octopus.

I lol'd.

I certainly hope that the person didn't steal my role abilities. I had:

Night-use roleblock
Automatic protection from every action except for kills
One-shot MEGA PARTICLE SHOT to eliminate one target.

However, if two of these were used in the same Phase, I would be unable to make an action during the next Phase.

So, you're mega-man. How... unexpectedly expected.

What was Pandersenic's powers in full, as he claimed?

I am the Angry Unicorn

At night I can Inspect people; if they're town, however, they turn into a My Little Pony with no powers.
I have an auto Impale, which causes me to kill whoever attempts to kill me.
I have a 1-use Pegasus ability, which makes me immune to all actions and unlynchable for one phase.

Pegasus does not interfere with Impale. I have not used Pegasus yet. Impale DOES respond to lynches.

N1 I inspected Vector and was unable to find her. N2 I inspected Jokerman-EXE and found him to be town. Except he died, herp derp.

Is this his Pegasus ability? Would abilities that make you untargetable remove you from the game?

And isn't anyone the least suspicious that his inspect ability renders town helpless? If that's true, how come he didn't inspect Ironyowl Night 2- and why would he inspect Lonewolf I. Shouldn't he honestly only target the most suspicious, even forgo the inspects if such a target doesn't exist?

I'm not entirely convinced that Jokerman's disappearance/reappearance and Pandersenic's coinciding disappearance is unrelated.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 08, 2010, 04:30:18 pm »

Actually, I was (JUMPING ONTO) White Base, from Mobile Suit Gundam. I like the guess, though.

I literally have no idea. Web just told me that I couldn't do or know anything until he told me. Then he told me my new, useless role and said I could post again.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 08, 2010, 04:32:43 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Lonewolf I -
TheBroodyMoods -
Mysteriousbluepuppet - Jokerman-EXE,
Vector - Lonewolf I,
ToonyMan - Vector,
Zai -
Jokerman-EXE -

Not Voting - ToonyMan, Zai, Mysteriousbluepuppet, TheBroodyMoods,

Day Ends on Friday at 9 PM Central. 4 to Hammer.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 08, 2010, 04:35:41 pm »

Errr...

One-shot MEGA PARTICLE SHOT CANNON to eliminate one target.

That might help with why you thought that.
BLARG IM DED

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 08, 2010, 05:10:24 pm »

Actually Joker you seem to have been ponyfied. If i remember well that only work on town, so that would confirm you.
Are you retarded? You're taking his word for it? Did you not learn anything from watching IO failclaim? Namely that scum can lie? A person cannot confirm themselves, barring extraordinary roles that allow for that to happen. And these roles don't.

I am the Angry Unicorn

At night I can Inspect people; if they're town, however, they turn into a My Little Pony with no powers.
I have an auto Impale, which causes me to kill whoever attempts to kill me.
I have a 1-use Pegasus ability, which makes me immune to all actions and unlynchable for one phase.

Pegasus does not interfere with Impale. I have not used Pegasus yet. Impale DOES respond to lynches.

N1 I inspected Vector and was unable to find her. N2 I inspected Jokerman-EXE and found him to be town. Except he died, herp derp.

Is this his Pegasus ability? Would abilities that make you untargetable remove you from the game?
Probably. We shall see tomorrow.

And isn't anyone the least suspicious that his inspect ability renders town helpless? If that's true, how come he didn't inspect Ironyowl Night 2- and why would he inspect Lonewolf I. Shouldn't he honestly only target the most suspicious, even forgo the inspects if such a target doesn't exist?
Very good point. Let us await the 'morrow to ask why.

I'm not entirely convinced that Jokerman's disappearance/reappearance and Pandersenic's coinciding disappearance is unrelated.
IDEA/THEORY: There is only one person allowed in "missing but not dead"-space at any time. If a new person goes there, they kick the other person back into the game.

I still don't trust Vector's auto-ability being hidden.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 08, 2010, 05:32:52 pm »

IDEA/THEORY: There is only one person allowed in "missing but not dead"-space at any time. If a new person goes there, they kick the other person back into the game.

I think it's much more likely its all his doing. Had anyone inspected Pandersenic? Has anyone really confirmed he is town? and come to think of it, it was Lonewolf I powers that helped damn Ironyowl, essentially forcing her to come clean about her role:

I am a Mentat.

Each night I can analyze someone and deduce ONE of their rolepowers, in full.

N1 I targeted ToonyMan.  I can confirm that he has a guard power, and will sacrifice himself instead of his target if the kill is unblockable.

N2 IronyOwl.  There's a 'mafiakill' tag on his Devour ability.

I have a one-shot, anytime use ability to immediately recieve the entire role of a player, however I will lose all of my deductive powers afterwards, effectively leaving me a vanilla townie.  I have not used it yet.

Why would someone who renders a townie inert target a inspector? I don't see how he could have struck him the least bit suspicious.

I remain suspicious of Toonyman, but given that Jokerman was sleeping and not dead, I can lay off. I'm still keeping an eye on you.

Jokerman, have you used any of your abilities prior being Pony-fied?

What of your new MLP body? How can you defend this!?

Spoiler: Avert Eyes (click to show/hide)

Pandersenic had said he confirmed you were town, but I don't know that his word is good for much of anything-

Actually Joker you seem to have been ponyfied. If i remember well that only work on town, so that would confirm you.
Are you retarded? You're taking his word for it? Did you not learn anything from watching IO failclaim? Namely that scum can lie? A person cannot confirm themselves, barring extraordinary roles that allow for that to happen. And these roles don't.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 08, 2010, 05:56:25 pm »

Holy fucking shit, that's exactly what I look like! IRL!

Anyway, yeah. I used my roleblock on you, first night. If you'll recall, that cleared you from having acted N1. Then I was taken N2 and didn't get a chance to do anything.

Is that a pressure vote, or are you somehow suspicious of me? If so, why?
BLARG IM DED

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 09, 2010, 12:17:48 am »

Also Zai, BROODY IS CONFIRMED TOON, stop being a moron.

Because you know how big the scumteam is?  How would you know that, hmmm?
Nobody seems to have noticed, but Lonewolf confirmed Broody and Pandarsenic confirmed Lonewolf.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 09, 2010, 12:23:11 am »

Lonewolf did?  Huh.  That explains a hell of a lot.  Thanks for the clarification.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 09, 2010, 12:47:54 am »

*Sends postcard*
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 09, 2010, 04:29:21 pm »

What the hell, Pandar?

Web: Was Pandar allowed to post that?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 09, 2010, 04:40:54 pm »

I have a feeling it has to be Zai or Vector but I'm torn on which.  I was supicious of Zai yesterday but this whole day Vector isn't being Vector.  Maybe it's the truth but I don't believe it.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 53