Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1500743 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3960 on: June 29, 2012, 07:35:52 pm »

You can make epic stuff with Magma's aid, but not out of magma. Dwarves mastered the iceblock wall, not the nonsolidified magma wall.
Dwarves have mastered the use of solidified magma, however.  They build equally well with water as with lava.  Usually through the application of one to the other, of course.  :D
Well-put.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: June 29, 2012, 07:54:52 pm »

Dear goblins

I've reenabled invaders, where are my victims? I can't name a champion based on kill count if they don't have anything to kill!

Thank you.
Foreman of Cavernsearched.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: June 29, 2012, 09:48:04 pm »

Dear goblins

I've reenabled invaders, where are my victims? I can't name a champion based on kill count if they don't have anything to kill!

Thank you.
Foreman of Cavernsearched.

Foremans of Checked Hole in Ground,

Snog still reading map to small bosses.  Give him time to knock correct trail into thick green skulls and we be there for party in yer honor.

Middle Boss of Local Greenskin Union Number um ... carp, I can't count
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: June 29, 2012, 11:40:02 pm »

Dear Urist McWeaver,
Yes, I believed that it was a good idea to lumber you with two GCS pets, however, how was I know how much work it would create.....Still, now that you have your own........
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
.......you now have plenty of work, so, get on with it - those webs are not going to collect themselves.

The Ever-Present Force.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: June 29, 2012, 11:42:14 pm »

Dear elves,

HOW. How did you defeat my kobolds? And not even that, you went onto a 100 year long war. With one army, over and over! Destroying about umm, A ENTIRE GOBLIN CIV. Then you went on to cripple a human civ! How!

Sincerly, your kobold overseer

Dear kobolds, goblins, and humans

WHY ARE YOU SUCKING ALL THE SUDDEN?

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: June 30, 2012, 12:18:28 am »

Dear elves,

HOW. How did you defeat my kobolds? And not even that, you went onto a 100 year long war. With one army, over and over! Destroying about umm, A ENTIRE GOBLIN CIV. Then you went on to cripple a human civ! How!

Are they be led by a swilight freak or something? I've noticed that it is possible that bizzare creatures, like mole monsters, lead attackers and utterly own the opposing force. Seriously, It gets to the point where everyone BUT the leader of the force dies, and they still win. I imagine that the opponents just run after a hundred or two are killed single-handedly. It gets prety over-powered if it happens early in world-gen, I've seen utterly tiny defenders (5 kobolds, 3 Unicorns, 3 uh( i forgot, some sort of large cat, maybe a jaguar) and a twilight freak) slaughter 1 thousand elves. with 5 losses.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: June 30, 2012, 12:20:01 am »

Dear elves,

Are they be led by a swilight freak or something? I've noticed that it is possible that bizzare creatures, like mole monsters, lead attackers and utterly own the opposing force. Seriously, It gets to the point where everyone BUT the leader of the force dies, and they still win. I imagine that the opponents just run after a hundred or two are killed single-handedly. It gets prety over-powered if it happens early in world-gen, I've seen utterly tiny defenders (5 kobolds, 3 Unicorns, 3 uh( i forgot, some sort of large cat, maybe a jaguar) and a twilight freak) slaughter 1 thousand elves. with 5 losses.

2000 elves, 300 humans, 10 giant animals. Thats all.

Seriously, after about 30 sieges they were fighting 2-3 things because they killed so much.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: June 30, 2012, 12:49:22 am »

[Mods in testing]

Dear Settlers of Firestead,

Why is it that when I assign each of you perfectly usable rifles that you insist on leaving all the bullets in the armory and just charging in to beat things with the stock? Okay, it might work on wolves, but when the angry Outlaws show up, please shoot them. They're armed with clubs, for goodness sake. Metal clubs, but those wouldn't be a problem against guns. Or at least they shouldn't be. They utterly destroy guns when you insist on trying to use guns AS clubs.

Sincerely, your Administrator.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tolisk

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGRY_MAMMOTH=TRUE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: June 30, 2012, 08:01:39 pm »

Dear Urist McSwordsman,
     Why wont you show that GCS who is the boss, when he has killed a doctor and a craft dorf and ate them?
It is trying to eat you too, but your helm is keeping you safe so do something about that spider!
 Signed,
The person with problems.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:00:06 pm by Tolisk »
In the grim darkness of DF, there can be only FUN

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: June 30, 2012, 08:04:35 pm »

Dear giant crows around Thiefcrushers,

Leave. Please. A 103 year old woman just did a diving tackle and stabbed one of you through the head, and another soldier punched one of you to death despite having a sword. And you keep spooking the people trying to fish from the brook. While I appreciate that your are giant and delicious, I'd rather not have to exterminate you.

Sighned,
Splint, The Overseer.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: June 30, 2012, 08:14:01 pm »

Dear giant crows around Thiefcrushers,

Leave. Please. A 103 year old woman just did a diving tackle and stabbed one of you through the head, and another soldier punched one of you to death despite having a sword. And you keep spooking the people trying to fish from the brook. While I appreciate that your are giant and delicious, I'd rather not have to exterminate you.

Sighned,
Splint, The Overseer.

Dear Giant crows,

I told you to use armor. Now your dead. How am I suppose to destroy this fortress if you cant even kill a old hag?

Sincerely, your Kobold general.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: June 30, 2012, 09:14:22 pm »

Dear Urist McSwordsman,
     Why wont you show that GCS who is the boss, when he has killed a doctor and a craft dorf and ate them?
It is trying to eat you too, but your helm is keeping you safe so do something about that spider!
 Signed,
He cant, hes webbed. He'll probably die from thirst unless you intervene.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Tolisk

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGRY_MAMMOTH=TRUE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3972 on: June 30, 2012, 09:28:14 pm »

I already did, my legless swordsman crawled through a web of webs and killed it in one hit by severing its lower body from it.
In the grim darkness of DF, there can be only FUN

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: June 30, 2012, 10:13:38 pm »

Dear elves,

The twilight freak is probably a normal person who got turned into a night creature. All records on race get backdated.
Corai: Elves might have wooden weapons, but when you live longer than the trees and screw as fast as rabbis, numbers tend to build up. It's probably thousands of elves and some fuzzy-but-deadly animals versus several hundred kobolds. Also, kobolds lack the most important factor for worldgen combat: Size.

Dear Urist McSwordsman,
 Signed,
He's probably paralysed. He can't do much when he's losing the battle to get his lungs to do stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: June 30, 2012, 10:15:11 pm »

Kobolds tend to win in fort mode with numbers with his modbolds.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 504