Poll

Ignore this poll.

No
- 73 (58.9%)
Sure
- 51 (41.1%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Murdercloisters: Where A Year May Well Be A Lifetime (Succession)  (Read 24697 times)

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Murdercloisters the Haunted Mirkwood Fortress (Succession, Needs Players!)
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2010, 02:33:40 am »

Sorry for the delayed update, y'all.  Going's been a bit slow.  Should have something up in a bit.
At last, she is done.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2010, 06:29:51 am »

Sorry for the delayed update, y'all.  Going's been a bit slow.  Should have something up in a bit.

It's all good, especially considering what this past week was.  Thanks for checking in though.

Is it okay for me to build a magma/water particle accelerator for the main entryway when (and if) we get to my turn?

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but if it doesn't kill everybody in a predictable fashion, go for it.

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2010, 02:03:29 pm »

It's all good, especially considering what this past week was.  Thanks for checking in though.

Is it okay for me to build a magma/water particle accelerator for the main entryway when (and if) we get to my turn?

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but if it doesn't kill everybody in a predictable fashion, go for it.
Bunches and bunches of pumps that super-pressurize water and lava, so when it's released into the room....

1. Released
2. Burning and freezing begins
3.  ???
4. PROFIT

Basically is like a mini-nuker.  Except with lava and water.  And generates free obsidian.  (might wanna clear the obsidian before that squad of goblins gets over here.  Just a thought.)
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2010, 02:08:11 pm »

magma can't be pressurized, sorry.
Nom nom nom

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2010, 02:09:10 pm »

magma can't be pressurized, sorry.

Really?  It seems like it gets pressurized when drawn by a pump...  You sure pumps don't pressurize it?
And even if so, it's irrelevant; it still gets the job done either way.
"Dug too deep...What the creep! What the hell is that?? Oh WHY'S IT COMING STRAIGHT AT US! Oh Urist IT'S THAT CAT . . " Magma bells outtake.    "Again, THIS HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN 2 RPers! EILWOOD DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZER I REPEAT DO NOT FIRE YOUR LAZOR!"  I'm Eilwood.  :3  Nice to meet you too.  "BAAAAAAH"

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2010, 07:58:32 pm »

Pumps speed it up, but it doesn't pressurize, so you can only make it flow a bit faster, not really shoot out at anything. 
Nom nom nom

Saetar33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 30, 2010, 03:21:50 pm »

Pumps speed it up, but it doesn't pressurize, so you can only make it flow a bit faster, not really shoot out at anything.
Ah.
Well, still, since it's a line of pumps, the magma gets goin pretty fast once it's out at the end.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 30, 2010, 07:32:11 pm »

ah ya, that'd probably work.
Nom nom nom

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2011, 05:54:54 pm »

Progress report, Graebeard?

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2011, 11:56:09 pm »

Journal of Graebeard Unibudib, 1 Limestone
There are 23 of us.  22, not counting me.  One of us, one of them, killed her.  I’m not sure how, and I’m not sure why.  But she’s dead.  And I know it wasn’t an accident.  There’s too much at stake, too many real estate contracts to be fulfilled, too many people she slighted, too much to be gained.  No one can get in or out of the fortress, so the murderer must be one of us.  I know there must be more to it than the Chief Medical Dwarf, Sibrek, lets on in her report.  And I’m going to find out what.  Because I’m a detective.   That’s what I do.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 02:08:42 am by Graebeard »
At last, she is done.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2011, 01:27:35 am »

Someone stands to inherit the begrudged ex-Queen's estate, right?  'Cause would make them the new Goblin Monarch.  The killer would likely be someone close yet to the Queen, someone who'd felt wronged.  Perhaps someone who'd had their rations halved out of spite.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2011, 02:20:56 am »

What do I really know about Erib’s death?  I know she died early in the morning, and from the other reports I know she made it to the hospital under her own power.  I know she died there and that there was a lot of blood.  The report claims FB extract was a cause.  That makes sense to me, but it doesn’t explain how the queen made contact with the deadly poison.
I drew up a list of everyone still alive in this hellhole.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I knew it takes grit to have survived here this long, but I never expected one of us to be a murderer.  I resolved to start talking with everyone about the queen’s death, to see what their story was and whether it rang of truth or stank of lies and deceit.

I sat alone in the dining hall.  It was nearly empty.  Back when I arrived this place was always filled.  Now its vacant grandeur just reminds me of all the death and loss we’ve seen since then.  Waiting for the first suspect to show I thought of all I’d been promised when I left for this place.  In between bites of underberry biscuit I pictured the vibrant settlement I’d imagined when I left home.  This hole was anything but the luxury I was expecting, and yet when I looked inside myself I didn’t find the anger I expected.  A job was a job, and a murderer in this pit deserved justice just as much as one back in the mountainhomes.

“Do you want some more water, Mr. Graebeard?”  I slid my mug over towards Inod, nodding thankfully at the young lady as she topped me off.  I silently cursed my decision to stay sober for the investigation.  Well, if there was anything that could motivate me to wrap this up quickly it was a tall, cold, sweaty goblet of dwarven gin waiting for me at the end.

“How’s the well going, Inod?  I trust no new rats or crocodiles have taken up residence?”

“Nope!  It sure is nice since the mayor took care of those monsters.  I’m not even scared to go down there any more!”

“That’s a good girl.  You just let me know if any other meanies show up, and I’ll set em’ straight.”  I saw the Chief Medical Dwarf enter from the other side of the hall.  “Ah, here’s Sibrek.  Why don’t you run along now, Inod?”

Sibrek sauntered up to the table as Inod skipped away.

“OK, I’m a busy dwarf.  What’s this about, Graebeard?”

“Why don’t you take a seat, Sibrek?”

“Because I’m not staying, that’s why.  In case you haven’t noticed I’ve got sick patients in need of my services.”

“You mean like the Queen needed them?”

“What?  I don’t even…. Wait.  Are you saying that you think I…”

“I’m not saying anything.  I just want to talk about what you were doing on the 21st of Moonstone.”

“You know what I was doing.  It’s in my report.  I was in the hospital when the queen burst into the room, bleeding out of every place you can think of, and crashed on the bed in a mess of febrile gore.  She stopped breathing before I could even diagnose her.”

“That’s awfully convenient, don’t you think?"

“Convenient for who?  You weren’t the one who had to clean up the mess.  You didn’t have to worry about catching some godsaweful disease from that wreck of a corpse.  I’ve been scrubbing my hands raw ever since.”

“Yes, that’s what your report says.  But none of the witnesses remembered her bleeding on the way to the hospital.  It was easy for you to poison her once she…”

“Ridiculous.  Why would I poison the Queen?”

“Easy.  Power.  You were elected mayor after she died.   How long had you wanted to be in charge before you killed her?”

“What? B-but that’s not even why… I didn’t…”

“Right.  Where did you get the poison, Sibrek?”

“I, I didn’t poison her.  She was as good as dead by the time I saw her.  That’s the truth.”

“Well, you’d better hope it is.  No one’s going anywhere, Sibrek.  If I find out it was you, if I discover you were the one who killed her, you’re going to wish it was you who’d died that day.”

“Pshaw, go ahead.  I didn’t do it, and I know I’m innocent.  If she was killed you’d better start looking pretty hard for her real killer, since he must be still running around here.  Oh, and Detective?  I’d be careful if I were you.  You don't want to have any accidents, because then you’ll be in my hospital. Under my care.  And I don't take kindly to accusations.”

At last, she is done.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdercloisters the Haunted Mirkwood Fortress (Succession)
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2011, 04:07:04 am »

Intriguing.  I hope we have a proper punishment prepared for the culprit.

Please dwarf me as the Siege Engineer, name Zaseth, profession Apprentice Engineer.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2011, 01:34:35 pm »

Alright, I have to be honest with myself.  I've been looking forward to playing this fort, but I just don't have the time to do it right now.  Sorry for the big delay, guys.
At last, she is done.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2011, 02:52:38 am »

That's okay, thanks for playing and for the heads up.

Guess that means it's my turn...  I'll try to update by sometime tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16