Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 70045 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Round 2 - Day 2 hates 3rd parties
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2010, 08:09:44 pm »

None and no. If my inexperience and/or ignorance are producing false conclusions, please explain why; simply pointing out that I haven't played before isn't a valid argument for much.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2010, 08:31:01 pm »

Don't think I'm condescending you or anything. Trust me, I've made the same mistake that you're making and I got lynched for it. Several times.

Here I was thinking you had played before. When you start focusing more on proving you're Town and less on identifying those who aren't, then you begin to appear more and more like scum. Yes, Town drops scumtells. Yes, scum can play well enough to be thought of as confirmed Town (Para16. :D) The problem is that if you start to focus too much on what you look like, it makes others wonder why you're trying so hard. Which naturally leads to the idea that you're scum.

Trust me, I've been lynched for trying to defend myself when I was just a plain ol' Townie.

That said, your points have been valid thus far. Unvote based on your inexperience. Now, give me your top three picks for scum.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2010, 11:21:12 pm »

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Don't really have anything.

Am I the only one detecting an air of implicit trust between JanusTwoFace and IronyOwl? It's the impression I get whenever reading their interactions, or how they refer to one another.

Solifuge:  Why did you wait until several people were pressuring you before you posted your arguments?  They're all based on D1 and the very beginning of D2, yet you don't bring them out until now.

I specifically stated that I wouldn't be partaking in the RVS, since nothing comes out of it except someone gets killed. None of it means anything until after the D1 lynchee and the N1 kill(s) roleflip. Hence, I provided an analysis on D2, once it -meant- something, rather than engaging in a vapid pissing contest with everyone, only for most of it to be wiped once hard evidence started to roll in.

Also, I try to decide on a slightly different way to play for each new game, as a metagame strategy to help me win more often overall; unpredictability is as good as a poker face whether I'm a Power Role that's important to Town, a Scum player, or a vanilla Townie.

Anyway, Unvote for now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2010, 11:37:34 pm »

Solifuge:  I disagree with your methods, but if you can get results, I won't question their effectiveness.  I still think you could have started earlier in D2 (and D1, for that matter) but I'll say no more if you continue to participate- and saying things like "for now" implies there will be more later.  Follow through.

IronyOwl:  You should avoid getting lynched by not doing scummy actions in the first place, not working to explain them away after the fact.  Yes, townies get voted, but don't let your defense distract you from your offense.

ToonyMan:  You're awfully focused on Person, and I'm not following your arguments.  Has nothing anyone else has said stuck out to you?

And have you read the wiki?  That's some serious meta-analysis you've got going there.

This is Lonewolf pretending to participate and continuing to be obvscum.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 05, 2010, 12:01:55 am »

Am I the only one detecting an air of implicit trust between JanusTwoFace and IronyOwl? It's the impression I get whenever reading their interactions, or how they refer to one another.

Big ole' FoS for Solifuge for bullshit statements. If you want to attack IronyOwl, do so. If you want to attack Janus, do so. This is not an attack, this is a passive as fuck statement where you just sew seeds of distrust that aren't earned. Since apparently neither have done anything scummy since you've not brought anything up, you must think both are town, correct? So then why would a townie who thinks that both of them are town point out trust in an obvious effort to break it down and/or get the two to attack each other? It makes no sense.

And what's with the vagueness? Be more descriptive. When you say "their interactions", which interactions do you mean? We can't read your mind, you have to be very verbose.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2010, 12:26:13 am »

Big ole' FoS for Solifuge for bullshit statements. If you want to attack IronyOwl, do so. If you want to attack Janus, do so. This is not an attack, this is a passive as fuck statement where you just sew seeds of distrust that aren't earned. Since apparently neither have done anything scummy since you've not brought anything up, you must think both are town, correct? So then why would a townie who thinks that both of them are town point out trust in an obvious effort to break it down and/or get the two to attack each other? It makes no sense.

And what's with the vagueness? Be more descriptive. When you say "their interactions", which interactions do you mean? We can't read your mind, you have to be very verbose.

Huh... apparently you missed that whole bit where I've been voting and attacking him directly? Way to latch onto a single statement, while blinding yourself to anything else that's been said. Research, my man. Do it before the words come out of your fingers next time.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2010, 12:30:18 am »

When you start focusing more on proving you're Town and less on identifying those who aren't, then you begin to appear more and more like scum.

The problem is that if you start to focus too much on what you look like, it makes others wonder why you're trying so hard. Which naturally leads to the idea that you're scum.
This was never the issue, as far as I know. You objected to my statement that town should look town, not my overdefense of me being town. Or at least, you never made a transition apparent.

Now, give me your top three picks for scum.

That's easy.

Lonewolf I. I believe I've gone on at great length about why I feel he's scum, mostly involving incomprehensible arguments.

Jokerman-EXE. Pops out from semi-lurking to deliver a fairly elaborate, mostly evidenceless suspicion regarding a scum trio, then drops back down to mostly lurking. Pops out again to attack someone on a false premise, then unvotes and tries to drop the matter without answering the questions.

Solifuge. Drops a random vote day one, declares he'll be lurking day one but leaving the vote on, then lurks for day one with the vote on. Comes in day two and attacks me for, in the same attack, bandwagoning Org, refusing to lynch Org, preferring a no-lynch to lynching Org, claiming Lonewolf was defending Org with no explanation, attempting to draw attention away from everything I said day one, and only on day two trying to lynch lonewolf. Proceeds to lurk more, though that's at least potentially explainable by wanting to see how the IronyOwl-Jokerman conversation turns out.

IronyOwl:  You should avoid getting lynched by not doing scummy actions in the first place, not working to explain them away after the fact.  Yes, townies get voted, but don't let your defense distract you from your offense.
I never intended to. In fact, ideally there's not much distinction between defending yourself and inspecting your attacker.

I specifically stated that I wouldn't be partaking in the RVS, since nothing comes out of it except someone gets killed. None of it means anything until after the D1 lynchee and the N1 kill(s) roleflip. Hence, I provided an analysis on D2, once it -meant- something, rather than engaging in a vapid pissing contest with everyone, only for most of it to be wiped once hard evidence started to roll in.
Bullshit. I'm confident I found scum on D1. He's not lynched yet, so we can't know for certain, but I at least have a theory. Nightkills don't tell you anything without context, which you don't get unless people are actually, you know, talking about things. If we'd all lurked day one, we'd be exactly where we were except down a townie. Your refusal to partake in RVS and day one in general is nothing short of a refusal to help town, on the notion that it's other peoples' jobs to get things rolling.

If you don't like it, fix it yourself.

NINJA:

Huh... apparently you missed that whole bit where I've been voting and attacking him directly? Way to latch onto a single statement, while blinding yourself to anything else that's been said. Research, my man. Do it before the words come out of your fingers next time.
I find this ironic, given that you haven't responded to my claims that you made things up trying to attack me.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2010, 02:00:50 am »

I find this ironic, given that you haven't responded to my claims that you made things up trying to attack me.

Clarify this statement, lest you continue to twist what's been said with no substantiation.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 05, 2010, 05:47:21 am »

ToonyMan:  You're awfully focused on Person, and I'm not following your arguments.  Has nothing anyone else has said stuck out to you?
It probably looks like I'm focused on Mr.Person but that's only because he loves drawing simple arguments out.

Solifuge:  Why did you wait until several people were pressuring you before you posted your arguments?  They're all based on D1 and the very beginning of D2, yet you don't bring them out until now.

Also, I try to decide on a slightly different way to play for each new game, as a metagame strategy to help me win more often overall; unpredictability is as good as a poker face whether I'm a Power Role that's important to Town, a Scum player, or a vanilla Townie.

Anyway, Unvote for now.
This bold statement has to be shown again for emphasis.  Did you just clear out say you want to not partake in something so you don't die?

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2010, 06:29:16 am »

Thank you Archangel for noticing that mistake. I meant Lonewolf but said IronyOwl. Everybody else seems to have glossed over that error, which frankly I find a little odd. Not scummy or anything... just odd. Also, I notice that you unvoted without voting a new player. Why is that?
The person I was voting gave a sufficient answer, and I had not drawn conclusions, something I needed to do before I acted.

Spoiler: Archangel (click to show/hide)
Extremely lurky (there's a difference between lurky and extremely lurky).  Changes excuses for not posting.  Disappears.
Well, the cold was a "it might prevent me from posting even the little I normally do". The timezone difference is the actual reason why I can't post much.

Right now, I just can't bring myself to do anything more than this. Sorry.

My current thoughts and suspicions:
Lonewolf I – Very scummy. Tried to twist IronyOwl's words to something completely different from what he actually said. Protected Org, proven scum.
Jokerman-EXE – Moderately scummy for the “Buss-buddy” thing.
ToonyMan – Slightly scummy, because he's posting but not providing much content or anything.
Toaster – I think he's asking some useful questions, doesn't seem to be giving any opinions though.
JanusTwoface – Being useful. Can't think of anything else.
Solifuge – Silly and annoying. Talking bullshit.
IronyOwl – Meh.
Gotta go, can't finish this right now.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 05, 2010, 08:05:18 am »

Well, the cold was a "it might prevent me from posting even the little I normally do". The timezone difference is the actual reason why I can't post much.

A timezone difference is a nonsense excuse.  Just because you can't post when other people are online doesn't mean you can't post.

You're evading contributing as best as you can, Archangel.  Your post beats nothing, but it's mostly unsubstantiated vague comments on the proceedings, with no actual attack force behind them.  Get out there and help the town.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2010, 11:39:48 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Eduren: JanusTwoFace
IronyOwl: ToonyMan
Lonewolf I: Eduren, IronyOwl, Mr.Person, Toaster
Mr.Person: Lonewolf I

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 05, 2010, 12:54:41 pm »

Clarify this statement, lest you continue to twist what's been said with no substantiation.

The majority of this post was devoted to explaining that the entirety of this post involved trying to twist, misrepresent, and outright make up or ignore things. You've yet to comment on it.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #193 on: August 05, 2010, 01:14:22 pm »

And have you read the wiki?  That's some serious meta-analysis you've got going there.

Which wiki?

I have no evidence that proves that IronyOwl is town, but for now I think that's more likely.

IMO, unpredictability helps the scum.  Even if you think you have a powerful role and you're trying to hide from the scum, I still don't think it's worth it.  The best advantage would a leg up in future games when you're scum.

You should request a replacement if this is all you're going to post.  I don't care how often you post nearly as much as how solid they are.  You have neither quantity nor quality.  I seem to remember this being a problem before.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 05, 2010, 05:31:10 pm »

Day ends in ~1.5 hours
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29