Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Let's Play Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War! [COMPLETED!]  (Read 68591 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War! [COMPLETED!]
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2010, 11:26:35 am »

I'd atleast want to look into it, just to see if I could wrap my head around it, but I can't seem to find any informational websites to give instructions on how it's done. I hope all the fan translators weren't self-taught.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 09, 2010, 02:34:05 pm »

The Sacred Stones (FE 8) is something I'm playing atm. It's pretty damn good so far, and while it doesn't have holy blood or anything like that to my knowledge, it's damn fun to play (so far)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 09, 2010, 03:36:49 pm »

The Sacred Stones (FE 8) is something I'm playing atm. It's pretty damn good so far, and while it doesn't have holy blood or anything like that to my knowledge, it's damn fun to play (so far)

Heh. I'm replaying it just to add more to my shipping (supports) wall :D

Melkaen Coast without torches/lights is daaaamn. Still damn because enemies have so damn much strength.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 09, 2010, 07:47:35 pm »

I'd atleast want to look into it, just to see if I could wrap my head around it, but I can't seem to find any informational websites to give instructions on how it's done. I hope all the fan translators weren't self-taught.

Some was crosstrainin', that is, they got some semi-applicable skills from elsewhere... but from what I understand (which is admitably little, as I'm just a consumer of the translated goodies), yeah, most fan translators are largely self taught, at least insofar as the coding work goes. That as much has been done, by as many people, is something of a small scale miracle.

Hopefully you know about romhacking.net. There's a fair amount of various documentation there, and the forums are a pretty good place to, at least, start out the process, iffin' yer well and truly interested in pulling off a hack. Plus a great deal -- bloody close to all, honestly -- translations that're around for consoles an'console related stuff (and a bit o'PC, but it's mostly older stuff) can be found there. I RSS the place and wait for goodness to stream its way into my feeder :)

Oh... and enjoyed the LP. I've tried a number of the fire emblem games (pretty much all of 'em that've managed to show up in not-moonspeak), but rarely gotten very far into them before going on to other things. Whichever GBA one has the infinite tower of grind (The non-nomad one) is the only one I've really gotten very far into... and one of the NES ones, which I forget the name (and contents :P) of.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 07:49:31 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 11, 2010, 06:30:45 pm »

I finally took the time to replay the last chapter, and I found a half-decent way of powering through MBM and Ishtar.

In this playthrough of the chapter, I got all my money together, bought Celice a thief ring, and then used that to start accruing cash like mad by having him demolish the early chapter enemies, who all carry 3000-5000 gold each, and then using that bountiful amounts of gold to buy Celice a multitude of stat boosting rings. This way, you have one invincible Celice instead of alot of above average characters tackling all the challenges.

Just throwing Celice at every challenge with these rings netted excellent results, with him singlehandedly killing Burian, then Hilda, then completely negating Scorpio by capturing Freege so quickly that they're rendered a null-threat, and then he has only some slight trouble killing the MBM sisters and Ishtar.

Interesting fact: Scorpio's home castle is "Jungby" which a castle that doesn't exist on the map, but apparently they're affected by Freege all the same.

Really, the only threat were Manfloy's cheat-tastic black magi, who can hit you with Hel even when, statistically, they shouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of doing so, and then getting nicked to death by Manfloy's fenrir.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]