Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: advanture mode, home of disorganized inventory and inventory troubles.  (Read 1588 times)

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been starting to play advanture mode, and I kinda like it except there are a few things out here that just drives me insane

-When you sold all of your goods for coins, and try to make a purchase after you sell your stuff with coins, the shop keeper won't let you and say you need to bring in more goods.... MOTHERFUCKER! I JUST GAVE YOU SHITLOADS OF MEAT FOR COINS!

-Inventory does not auto stack your stuff, so I continue seeing loads of fucking meat not stacked from the same creature that I killed.

-there is no button to where I can change equipment, a button where I can swap my iron sword into an iron axe.

-when you walk to the shop keeper to purchase a weapon, it does not appear in your inventory!

seriously, this drive me nuts, and since coins are perma broken on shops, the only way you can get an masterworked item is to trade loads of animal butchered shit to him.

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile

drop the sword and axe. Pick up the axe. Its not that hard.
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

Yeah, I dunno what the hell happened to the coin mechanic in between versions. Clearly it got borked.

The stacking problem exists in Fort Mode too, which is unfortunate.

The weapon purchase thing works better if you first pick up the thing you want to buy, then trade for it.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

drop the sword and axe. Pick up the axe. Its not that hard.

I know that, but I want just one button to swap one from my inventory instead of dropping it and picking it back up. It's hard to locate peoples due to stacking problems.

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I dunno what the hell happened to the coin mechanic in between versions. Clearly it got borked.

The stacking problem exists in Fort Mode too, which is unfortunate.

The weapon purchase thing works better if you first pick up the thing you want to buy, then trade for it.

that what i'm planning on doing too the next time I'm purchasing something.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile

I allways forget to pick up the things I bought... kind of embarassing realy ::)

Havnt had any trouble with the coins though, except when I try to trade in between different nations, though that never worked in the first place.

I did once get a weird something (.10 I think) where I could buy the traders enitire stock of coin for a couple low value things. Said coins wenrnt usable in coin trade, so I just threw them at stuff.

As for the other stuff, you are playing a very rough and unfinished game here, so there will be plenty things like messy inventory and broken trade systems. Worse things too, the acid rain bug is still there, you cant treat your wounds and dragons can still be complete pansies.

Eventualy it will all be very awesome though. Adventurer sites are next in line for developement, it will be glorious.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

I allways forget to pick up the things I bought... kind of embarassing realy ::)

Havnt had any trouble with the coins though, except when I try to trade in between different nations, though that never worked in the first place.

I did once get a weird something (.10 I think) where I could buy the traders enitire stock of coin for a couple low value things. Said coins wenrnt usable in coin trade, so I just threw them at stuff.

As for the other stuff, you are playing a very rough and unfinished game here, so there will be plenty things like messy inventory and broken trade systems. Worse things too, the acid rain bug is still there, you cant treat your wounds and dragons can still be complete pansies.

Eventualy it will all be very awesome though. Adventurer sites are next in line for developement, it will be glorious.
wait you can treat your wounds when you retire and the reason dragons are pansies due to generating a world too early, your pretty much fighting/killing baby dragons.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

Acid rain was fixed several updates ago, or so I recall. At any rate, the last time it rained on me, there was a sudden splotch of red on the ground. I feared my adventurer was melting, but it turned out only to have been the blood of several animals washing off of me.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile

Yeah I also thought it was fixed untill my pelt-hunting adventurer was cooked by rain in some elf resort. I tried to jump into a pool (which saved me once before) but couldnt even make it there before bleeding out.

Also I generate my worlds at 1050 years, and the dragons are still not as good as I would like them. After a few hits they are all 'oh god my tail and left small toe!' and pass out. I modded them to have some extra toughness and strength, it did a decent job.

Knowing retirement treats wounds is a good thing though.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Inspiration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been starting to play advanture mode, and I kinda like it except there are a few things out here that just drives me insane

-When you sold all of your goods for coins, and try to make a purchase after you sell your stuff with coins, the shop keeper won't let you and say you need to bring in more goods.... MOTHERFUCKER! I JUST GAVE YOU SHITLOADS OF MEAT FOR COINS!

-Inventory does not auto stack your stuff, so I continue seeing loads of fucking meat not stacked from the same creature that I killed.

-there is no button to where I can change equipment, a button where I can swap my iron sword into an iron axe.

-when you walk to the shop keeper to purchase a weapon, it does not appear in your inventory!

seriously, this drive me nuts, and since coins are perma broken on shops, the only way you can get an masterworked item is to trade loads of animal butchered shit to him.

I haven't really had these problems, because I find that adv mode is better played brutally.

1. I never buy from shops. I want it, I take it, then slaughter half the town when it chases me.

2. I don't butcher too many corpses at once, throwing them works a lot better when they're whole.

3. I generally don't switch weapons, either. I usually go unarmed, and just throw sharp things at my enemies. I find that masterwork bronze great axes work well.

4. Again, no buying things.

I thin you'll find adventure mode more fun if you play it more like House of the Dead: Overkill.

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't really had these problems, because I find that adv mode is better played brutally.

1. I never buy from shops. I want it, I take it, then slaughter half the town when it chases me.

2. I don't butcher too many corpses at once, throwing them works a lot better when they're whole.

3. I generally don't switch weapons, either. I usually go unarmed, and just throw sharp things at my enemies. I find that masterwork bronze great axes work well.

4. Again, no buying things.

I thin you'll find adventure mode more fun if you play it more like House of the Dead: Overkill.

lol

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA

*ahem*
you do know you have to actually pick up the said coins off of the table next to the bin of money, right?
also, to actually use the coins you need to offer only 1 of them and Urist McShopkeeper will state the actual price. if they ask for more trade items, then you are lacking significant money...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile

That's not how it works anymore, apparently. It is currently possible to purchase said coins; the "offer" keys weren't working when I tried it.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile

Acid rain was fixed several updates ago, or so I recall. At any rate, the last time it rained on me, there was a sudden splotch of red on the ground. I feared my adventurer was melting, but it turned out only to have been the blood of several animals washing off of me.

IIRC, Toady fixed the rain that burns you because of day-to-day/season-to-season temperature changes, but not the rain that burns you because you're in a scorching biome.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile

IIRC, Toady fixed the rain that burns you because of day-to-day/season-to-season temperature changes, but not the rain that burns you because you're in a scorching biome.
Aha, that makes sense. That last cooked adventurer was all the way up in the north of the world, which had a lot of scorching biomes.