Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers  (Read 113054 times)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Small update. Added clay, pearlash, and potash from lye. Should work on more versions of DF, including future ones without an update.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile

Small update. Added clay, pearlash, and potash from lye. Should work on more versions of DF, including future ones without an update.
It is good to see this project is active again.  I know many have been asking if there was an update for this or a tool like it.

PS. Thank you for releasing the code I am sure others will be inspired like they were from the original Dwarf Foremen (Dwarf Therapist eventually came from that utility)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 07:32:25 pm by profit »
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Dear God, what have I done...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Would lead bolts be any good?

EDIT: bah, won't let you select bone or lead arrows from the ammunition screen. Maybe any material or just metal would select lead? Yup haha, some jackass is shooting my basalt bolts now at a dummy target.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 10:57:48 pm by devek »
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Wait, does this mean foreman can insert jobs that don't normally exist? Like making rock barrels and iron beds?

If so... will you have my babies?

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Depending on how you manipulate the structure, you can add any type of job. Who knows what will happen though...

Like I put 50 jobs of "Kidnap" in there, but they never got assigned to any dwarfs :(

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Try telling it to do something ridiculous like making a crossbow out of wine. I wonder how it will handle it.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

I don't think I can do that, but you might be able to make a crossbow out of leather, a door made out of bone, a window made out of lead,  or maybe even clothing out of clear glass?

I'm doing this stuff in cheat engine by hand, let me finish coding this and i'll upload a new release where you can try funny combinations yourself and report on what is good hehe.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

That really opens up the game if we can do custom jobs without bothering with smelter reactions. Finally I can have my iron beds even if I forget to make a custom reaction for them!

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

I want to construct everything in my fort out of the bones of enemies I defeat :)

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile

huzzah you up dated i love this utility
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile

Wait, does this mean foreman can insert jobs that don't normally exist? Like making rock barrels and iron beds?

AFAIK it is possible to make specific items (e.g. mule bone arrows, or gneiss bolts) via memory editing (although i could be wrong, been so long ago since i hacked jobs). So it could open a lot of possibilities. Not sure what happens if you order dwarf bone armour ;)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

AFAIK it is possible to make specific items (e.g. mule bone arrows, or gneiss bolts) via memory editing (although i could be wrong, been so long ago since i hacked jobs). So it could open a lot of possibilities. Not sure what happens if you order dwarf bone armour ;)
It's clearly possible but it's never been easy. If Foreman lets us do it easily with a nice interface, that is AWESOME

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't suppose that the extended support offered by the latest version actually makes it compatible with 31.23, does it? I'd rather not update to .25, due to all the weird "no path" errors I've seen people talking about, and I'd really like to give this utility a go.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Correct, every sdl version after .19 should work. If it doesn't, let me know :)

Don't be sad if there are a lot of jobs missing, a bunch more are about to be added in a few days.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

great! I always wanted to try it out and never found the exact match with the df version I were playing.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32