Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57607 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]
« Reply #840 on: August 31, 2010, 03:44:38 am »

When Tex sneaks, she's invisible.
It really comes down to whether or not Terra has some way of seeing invisible things.
And if I remember correctly, Tex's camo also hides body heat, so that won't work.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 31, 2010, 03:49:52 am »

Metaphorically or literally?

Also, when Terra goes into trance mode, all her stats double, which would presumeably make her a lot more able to find people trying to hide.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 31, 2010, 05:33:04 am »

I imagine that even if Tex were literally invisible, Terra knows she is fighting someone and she would probably torch the entire battlefield. So, yeah.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 31, 2010, 05:38:01 am »

Indefinite torching would not be possible - Terra is large but finite MP reserves.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 31, 2010, 05:39:56 am »

Still, though. Are we talking about a literal vast expanse of nothingness? Or a limited field?
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 31, 2010, 05:59:33 am »

somewhere like this:

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 31, 2010, 06:03:51 am »

Trees are flammable. I wonder if Tex's armor is waterproof, or if it'll short out. Only safe place from a scorched island is off the beach.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 31, 2010, 06:07:23 am »

Have you tried to set a tree on fire? Unless the trees are already very dry, it's damn near impossible for it to go up in flames.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 31, 2010, 06:09:40 am »

They're palm trees, assuming that's a tropical island, which it looks like. Very flammable.

Yes, I've tried.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 31, 2010, 08:14:17 am »

I don't doubt that Terra couldn't survive for long against Tex's weapons. Thing is, Terra doesn't need to aim. She can create flames wherever she wants instantly. And while Tex's suit might be able to hold up unharmed, I doubt it's prepared for flames on the inside. Also, flight is a huge advantage against a soldier used to fighting land-based troops. No matter how good her aim is, she won't be used to aiming straight up at targets, which would throw her off enough to extend the battle a bit longer.

Also, Terra's esper form doesn't even look like it's a physical entity. She looks like she is nothing but pure energy in the shape of a person. Though it doesn't matter, since it seems to take damage the same as anything. Just much slower, due to the almost doubled stats she gets in it.
So let me get this straight, Terra can instantly create fire anywhere? No ifs, no buts, just "boom, top of your spine, on fire, it burns, you lose all motor control"...

(I still want to know how Gilgamesh lost that fight)
He can't fly. And he had no ranged weapons. Terra can cast more that just fire, it's just her specialty. And flare(her second best spell) isn't fire elemental.
Why didn't Gilgamesh just lop his feet off and fly with blood-jets?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 31, 2010, 08:19:58 am »

That's what I'm sayin'!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 31, 2010, 08:27:54 am »

That's what I'm sayin'!

He did, after impregnating Terra! That's what I'm sayin'!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 31, 2010, 09:27:01 am »

It really comes down to whether or not Terra has some way of seeing invisible things.
And if I remember correctly, Tex's camo also hides body heat, so that won't work.
Invisibility? Dispel. Or if that doesn't work, x-zone... or would glitches be cheating?(yes) Still, scan should be ble to get around mere invisibility.

I don't doubt that Terra couldn't survive for long against Tex's weapons. Thing is, Terra doesn't need to aim. She can create flames wherever she wants instantly. And while Tex's suit might be able to hold up unharmed, I doubt it's prepared for flames on the inside. Also, flight is a huge advantage against a soldier used to fighting land-based troops. No matter how good her aim is, she won't be used to aiming straight up at targets, which would throw her off enough to extend the battle a bit longer.

Also, Terra's esper form doesn't even look like it's a physical entity. She looks like she is nothing but pure energy in the shape of a person. Though it doesn't matter, since it seems to take damage the same as anything. Just much slower, due to the almost doubled stats she gets in it.
So let me get this straight, Terra can instantly create fire anywhere? No ifs, no buts, just "boom, top of your spine, on fire, it burns, you lose all motor control"...
No, it's more of "boom, you erupt in flames" She can't create fire inside someone.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 31, 2010, 09:51:08 am »

I would say that flames inside of the armour is also beyond the scope of the ability. What is the text of Dispel?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 31, 2010, 10:01:57 am »

I don't think spells in 6 have text, but invisibility is one of the effects it can remove. And it doesn't just work on magical invisibility, because you can make naturally invisible creatures visible with it as well.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 66