Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57622 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]
« Reply #810 on: August 30, 2010, 07:17:11 pm »

If someone who's immune to fire can't beat Terra, I doubt a robot can.

(I still want to know how Gilgamesh lost that fight)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 30, 2010, 07:20:22 pm »

He can't fly. And he had no ranged weapons. Terra can cast more that just fire, it's just her specialty. And flare(her second best spell) isn't fire elemental.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 30, 2010, 07:25:29 pm »

Well, lets assume that she has access to the weapons in the video clip, so... automatic rifles, probably a shotgun, guided rocket-launchers, and somebody probably has a pistol. Did Church have a sniper rifle?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 30, 2010, 07:29:47 pm »

Hmm... the rockets will be a problem, but mere bullets won't hurt Terra's esper form much, though they would kill her in human form. I say the battle goes like this:
Terra morphs.
Terra lights Tex on fire.
Terra dodges and weaves in midair until Tex dies.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 30, 2010, 07:38:40 pm »

If someone who's immune to fire can't beat Terra, I doubt a robot can.

Yeah, this one is Terra all over. Previous opponent precedent proves this.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 30, 2010, 07:54:46 pm »

He can't fly. And he had no ranged weapons.
Both of these are solved via endless blood jets.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 30, 2010, 07:57:53 pm »

I thought we already agreed that Terra is currently pregnant with Gilgamesh's baby. A baby that is one-quarter magic and one-quarter god.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 30, 2010, 08:12:14 pm »

Actually, it'd be...

1/3rd God,
1/4th Magic,
5/12th Human

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 30, 2010, 08:15:59 pm »

Either way, man, that baby is clearly the messiah.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 30, 2010, 08:17:45 pm »

Terra's magic is good, but it's not the kind of thing suited for taking on a cybernetic warrior. Tex's flesh and blood status is ambiguous. While she is probably partially human, her creation would have removed most it to create the perfect soldier, one that would never be hurt like the original Tex was. That was a very specific goal in her creation. She has proven that she is capable of taking on two squads of low-level soldiers, along with a literal army of semi-competent mooks that took an extremely pissed-off Caboose with help from Sarge (the only legitimately competent soldier amongst them) to beat. While swords and spears would have very little effect on Terra, you should keep in mind that Tex is shooting bullets. Future-bullets capable of penetrating highly advanced armor; natural skin resistance of an Esper form would be about on par with that armor, right? So I would say that Tex could end the fight with a good burst to Terra's head, or sustained fire to the body.

That's not even counting the rockets, the sniper rifles, even her fists if she was really determined. I'd say that with her armor on, Tex is at least as agile as Terra, so it really comes down to which is more accurate. I have to give that to Tex.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 30, 2010, 08:23:44 pm »

No, in Esper form boolit and rokkit wouldn't affect her. Tex's only shot is to outwait the form until she morphs back.

Remember, this is a fictional contest. Guns > Swords wielded by any sufficiently powerful character.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 30, 2010, 08:27:47 pm »

I don't doubt that Terra couldn't survive for long against Tex's weapons. Thing is, Terra doesn't need to aim. She can create flames wherever she wants instantly. And while Tex's suit might be able to hold up unharmed, I doubt it's prepared for flames on the inside. Also, flight is a huge advantage against a soldier used to fighting land-based troops. No matter how good her aim is, she won't be used to aiming straight up at targets, which would throw her off enough to extend the battle a bit longer.

Also, Terra's esper form doesn't even look like it's a physical entity. She looks like she is nothing but pure energy in the shape of a person. Though it doesn't matter, since it seems to take damage the same as anything. Just much slower, due to the almost doubled stats she gets in it.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 30, 2010, 08:31:34 pm »

I don't doubt that Terra couldn't survive for long against Tex's weapons. Thing is, Terra doesn't need to aim. She can create flames wherever she wants instantly. And while Tex's suit might be able to hold up unharmed, I doubt it's prepared for flames on the inside. Also, flight is a huge advantage against a soldier used to fighting land-based troops. No matter how good her aim is, she won't be used to aiming straight up at targets, which would throw her off enough to extend the battle a bit longer.

Also, Terra's esper form doesn't even look like it's a physical entity. She looks like she is nothing but pure energy in the shape of a person. Though it doesn't matter, since it seems to take damage the same as anything. Just much slower, due to the almost doubled stats she gets in it.

Well what you need to remember is that Tex's suit is one of the most advanced around.

Spoiler: Reconstruction Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Therefore, it's hard to even say if Tex IS a person, or entirely robotic. On the chance she is human, we need to decide whether her suit would have the needed enhancements to resist fire and keep the occupant cool.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 30, 2010, 08:32:24 pm »

She is pure energy in the shape of a person when morphed. That's why Tex would have to wait out the transformation before she can hope to beat Terra.

... Man, can't wait for Mustang v. Branford. Should be hilarious.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 30, 2010, 08:33:20 pm »

She is pure energy in the shape of a person when morphed. That's why Tex would have to wait out the transformation before she can hope to beat Terra.

... Man, can't wait for Mustang v. Branford. Should be hilarious.

Mustang has set fire to things more resilient than energy. Plus, I think if he's going up against Esper Terra he'd have unlocked the Gate, which puts it on equal footing for the most epic battle of this entire contest.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 66