Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 66

Author Topic: Fight to the Death: [ROUND SIX: TEX VS DR.CLEF]  (Read 57759 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the Death: [ROUND FIVE: GILGAMESH VS TERRA BRANFORD]
« Reply #480 on: July 29, 2010, 09:16:43 pm »

That's because he had infinite HP the first time... then she morphed and obliterated it without even trying.(seriously, that thing was a wimp even without the permanent morph she gets. Really annoyed me that my full HP characters decided it was too strong and ran away.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 29, 2010, 09:18:27 pm »

Gilgamesh tricked it into giving him its magical defenses (seven radiances) and then beat it to death.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 29, 2010, 09:20:14 pm »

The jury would like to add that plot was involved, therefore INVALID. Plot and a poem on how awesome someone is doesnt seem completely fair if you ask me.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 29, 2010, 09:31:18 pm »

Clef's inventory will be rather important and I would like it to be clarified in advance...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 29, 2010, 09:36:22 pm »

He's not even superhuman.
Still human
On the contrary, he is more god than human. Gilgamesh was the original determinator, continuing on his quest to find eternal life even though mortals and immortals alike strove to stop him. Along with Enkidu, who didn't really do much, Gilgamesh built the walls of Uruk himself, though they were the largest walls ever built (at the time), as well and remained so for many years.

Gilgamesh captured Humbaba, a giant raised by the sun, by punching him ONCE. No mere man could have done such a thing. In fact, the only one who could rival Gilgamesh's strength was specially made by the gods to be his equal.

Slaying the Bull of Heaven was another of Gilgamesh's feats of might. Near the bottom of that text, you may read that Gilgamesh smote the bull (the bull being thrice the size of a normal one and many times stronger) with an axe (weighing seven [Babylonian] talents, or 469 pounds.) so hard that it was smitten asunder and 'spattered like rain, spreading itself over the crops'. You'd have to be incredibly powerful to lift that, much less raise it over your head and smite a giant bull asunder!

This strength is only surpassed by his skill. Enkidu was created to be his equal in strength. As you can tell in the above paragraph, this was mighty indeed. However, Gilgamesh threw down Enkidu in a wrestling match with ease. Also, there were two man-scorpions guarding the entrance to the realm of the gods, who were always as strong as those who challenged them. These too he defeated, though outnumbered and matched. When crossing the Sea of Death that led into the realm of the gods, Gilgamesh slew several giants who were made of stone, a rather unkillable material.

Endurance is also important in such a fight. Inside the realm of the gods, Utnapishtim (the only human to become immortal) tells Gilgamesh of a plant that can indefinitely extend his life, but it is at the bottom of the sea. Undeterred, Gilgamesh swims to the bottom of the sea, so deep that he sees no light, and has to fend off the beasts of the deep. He recovers the plant, and only fails in his quest because the gods sent a snake to steal the plant while he bathed.

Due to Gilgamesh's strength, skill, and endurance in combat, Terra's melee skills would result in her death. However, let us take a look at her 'magic' abilities... [NOTE: This is all based off of the information here.]

Terra learns many healing spells, but these would run out before Gilgamesh's endurance ran out. Drain spells would also fall under this, because Gilgamesh would likely have more HP than Terra has Magic.

Gilgamesh is immune to her fire-based spells, as he is immune to fire. (In tablet 12 of the epic, he is not harmed by the fire that spurts out of the underworld at him when Enkidu's ghost leaps free.)

Poisona and Dispel would be useless against an opponent such as Gilgamesh, who doesn't use either poison or magic.

Resurrection spells don't work after you die.

Teleport would be more useful if this wasn't a fight to the death, but a fight to the exit.

Gilgamesh's mighty strength would loan him a resistance to Gravity spells, thus rendering them less damaging.

Break (or Stone) would be somewhat useful, if not for the fact that it renders opponents immune to damage. Also, it has terribly accuracy. (47% by my calculations) therefore, it'd be easy to dodge.

Holy could do some damage, but Gilgamesh's two-thirds-god would likely produce a resistance to that elemental type.

Ultima could probably deal quite a bit of damage, but probably not enough to kill someone who once kept fighting after bleeding a dozen gur (roughly 960 gallons) of blood, enough to almost cover the floor of the cave he was fighting in.

Now, off to this 'Esper' topic. Apparently, it can be used only once in combat, and for a set amount of time. I put forth that Gilgamesh can use his endurance to his advantage by running in cicrles until the effect wears off.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 29, 2010, 09:38:15 pm »

Gilgamesh is so gonna win this.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 29, 2010, 09:39:45 pm »

Hrm, that wall of text was taller than I imagined.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 29, 2010, 09:40:10 pm »

Yeah, being turned into a statue really manages to avoid damage. Plus gravity is... Weird. Its using death magic but in a weaker way.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 29, 2010, 09:47:45 pm »

Now, off to this 'Esper' topic. Apparently, it can be used only once in combat, and for a set amount of time. I put forth that Gilgamesh can use his endurance to his advantage by running in cicrles until the effect wears off.
...hahahahahaha!!!! Outrun Terra's esper form?! When she first uses it she loses control and circles the globe several times in less than a minute. Not to mention it lasts longer the longer she goes without using it, so it can easily last a VERY long time. That form takes her from powerful to being able to take down bosses alone.

Also: vanish + x-zone. Though that might be cheating...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:50:30 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 29, 2010, 10:06:40 pm »

I think its hard as story and gameplay are very Very different if you ask me.  :-\

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 29, 2010, 10:43:45 pm »

Quick, Offering, Genji Glove, Illumina, Atma Weapon,

Also, about gilgamesh strengt, I am ahappyfor him that he can lift a 496 lbs axe, but terra can get statistically equal or stronger than Sabin.

Sabin can supplex a train. A train that bring the dead to the other side. Terra win's this.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 29, 2010, 10:51:15 pm »

Sabin is using DBZ pseudomagic power to do that.

Remember, the bull of heaven was the constellation Taurus.  Gilgamesh SPLIT THE HEAVENS WITH HIS AXE!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 29, 2010, 10:57:20 pm »

Sabin is using DBZ pseudomagic power to do that.

Remember, the bull of heaven was the constellation Taurus.  Gilgamesh SPLIT THE HEAVENS WITH HIS AXE!

Yet you said it was 3 times the size of a normal bull. Consistency isn't the good suit of the old myths.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 29, 2010, 11:01:54 pm »

It's metaphorically the constellation Taurus. It's still technically a massive bull of deadly death.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 29, 2010, 11:06:38 pm »

Quick, Offering, Genji Glove, Illumina, Atma Weapon,
And that's why I said midgame Terra. That stops time long enough to kill ANYTHING in this before it can move.

Killing a bull is nothing next to some of what Terra can do. You can hunt dinosaurs in the world of ruin. Dinosaurs that can cast meteor.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 66