Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: 31.10 succession  (Read 7228 times)

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 31.10 succession
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 04:03:59 pm »

Either way, Arzun will lead.

Edit: It's somewhat ironic that a yeti is engraved in his room in Profanemachines.

In other news, here are the first few pieces of art engraved in my room! They are also my favorites.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit2: Ice can be used as stone, but be careful, ice indoors may turn into a pile of slush.

I think there is an engraving of a yeti striking him down in his room on this fortress.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.

Magick

• Bay Watcher
  • [HATES_LEARN] [MAGICAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 04:25:46 pm »

Double-irony! Yaaay!
"Alright, I'll trade you these mugs, and you'll give me those -Oh. Here. Just take this. WAIT. I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THOSE."
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9079/1278257725299.jpg

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 05:05:18 pm »

Spring is setting in now, and I've decided to pass my positon as leader to someone else. If only that Arzun guy were still alive I'd give my position to him but he's dead so... Abyway nothing much happened over the winter, I just watched them work. We were almost out of booze, so I yelled at them for stopping its production. Also, I've seen polar bears and cougars outside, so whoever becomes leader should watch them.

Here's the link to download the save for the next person:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2752
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:44:11 pm by andfhe »
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.

Magick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 05:25:17 pm »

Edit: My turn at Profanemachines is complete. Downloading save now.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:18:39 pm by Magick »
"Alright, I'll trade you these mugs, and you'll give me those -Oh. Here. Just take this. WAIT. I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THOSE."

Magick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 06:32:56 pm »

Dude, your save doesn't work at all. You forgot the raws in the save file...

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2010, 06:44:38 pm »

Dude, your save doesn't work at all. You forgot the raws in the save file...

Sorry about that, should be working now.

Magick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2010, 07:39:25 pm »

Shorast Uzolzaled's Journal
1st of Granite

Well, I've taken over as leader of this yeti-infested hellhole. By the time i became expedition leader, three had been lost to them, most notably Arzun the engraver, one of the founding seven. I-

Suddenly, the writing in the journal changed almost completely.

I LIVE ONCE MORE......and stuff.
Oh sorry, for being so rude. My name is Arzun, and i am a masterful engrav-
Wait.
What the *fuck*!? I died!? Fuck yetis! Fuck them all!

Hmph. It's pretty obvious that security is lax around here. There isn't even a drawbridge! How the hell are we supposed to keep the yetis out when there's no fucking entrance!? That problem shall be remedied shortly.

Oh, let's look at some highlights of the place first:

Man, i'm going to have to whip these dwarves into shape.

----------------------------------------------

Magick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2010, 08:07:13 pm »

Well, i finished making the bridge. Now i just need the bookkeeper-
Oh wait. We don't HAVE a bookkeeper.
I noticed that Existent also has an incarnation here. As my helper, he has been given a bunch of noble positions, including broker, bookkeeper, and manager.

The last leader made a farm. Actually, i should say he ATTEMPTED to make a farm, as it looks rather unfinished.

To finish it, i'll have to:
1)Dig a tunnel from it to the fortress
2)Seal that gaping hole in the wall(Just in case a yeti decides that it's a nice place to take a nap.)
3)Pump some water up here from a newly reacquainted friend
Oh yeah, i found a fucking aquifer HERE too. At least i have a plan to get through that.
All i have to do is channel down to it from the surface, exposing the water to the freezing cold temperatures.
Ice is much easier to dig through than water.

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2010, 08:23:52 pm »

Well, i finished making the bridge. Now i just need the bookkeeper-
Oh wait. We don't HAVE a bookkeeper.
I noticed that Existent also has an incarnation here. As my helper, he has been given a bunch of noble positions, including broker, bookkeeper, and manager.

The last leader made a farm. Actually, i should say he ATTEMPTED to make a farm, as it looks rather unfinished.

To finish it, i'll have to:
1)Dig a tunnel from it to the fortress
2)Seal that gaping hole in the wall(Just in case a yeti decides that it's a nice place to take a nap.)
3)Pump some water up here from a newly reacquainted friend
Oh yeah, i found a fucking aquifer HERE too. At least i have a plan to get through that.
All i have to do is channel down to it from the surface, exposing the water to the freezing cold temperatures.
Ice is much easier to dig through than water.

Yeah, the bookkeeper was struck down by a yeti.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2010, 08:39:21 pm »

Yeah, [insert name here] was struck down by a yeti.

Why do I see this becoming a running theme?
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2010, 08:48:25 pm »

Yeah, [insert name here] was struck down by a yeti.

Why do I see this becoming a running theme?

That's what they said about BoatMurdered and the Elephants.

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2010, 10:14:04 pm »

Edit: Post removed by me; was in wrong thread
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:33:19 pm by andfhe »

Magick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2010, 10:25:25 pm »

Y-...You designated the drainage area as a a stone stockpile?
Do you have any idea of the lag that will cause when we drain the lower farm?
Let's think about this for a minute:
Sending a wave of water at a stockpile of stone will dislodge all of the stone from the stockpile.
Dwarves will then path to said dislodged stone and put it back in it's place in the stone stockpile.
This amounts to a huge waste of time.

EDIT: you posted that in the wrong thread, too!

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2010, 10:32:08 pm »

Y-...You designated the drainage area as a a stone stockpile?
Do you have any idea of the lag that will cause when we drain the lower farm?
Let's think about this for a minute:
Sending a wave of water at a stockpile of stone will dislodge all of the stone from the stockpile.
Dwarves will then path to said dislodged stone and put it back in it's place in the stone stockpile.
This amounts to a huge waste of time.

EDIT: you posted that in the wrong thread, too!

Ohhh... this just isn't my day...
Look at what my careless hands have wrought.

Edit: I've come to the conclusion that the only fix for this is to pull both levers in order.

Nah, Just kidding

Besides, mud lasts forever doesn't it?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:37:01 pm by andfhe »

Magick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010, 01:26:43 am »

Somewhat.
Also, MAJOR NOTICE:
I am quitting early. My computer is being stressed to run a fort of this size. I normally get a decent fps of 90 or so, but that's on 3x3 or less.
Anyway, here is the rest of my turn:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had some polar bear trouble, so i sent the guards to scare it off.

I'm probably going to abandon this aboveground farm in favor of one in the first cavern we find.

Ugh. We have more useless ingrates who want nothing more than to eat our food and drink our booze. Well, some of them are useful. There was an engraver in this party, so i transferred control of the fortress over to him and possessed him.

I started screaming at people about how we were running low on food and shit, and the fuckers got the subtle hint and started digging downwards, in search of a cave. And boy, did we find one. I ended up sacrificing a loner dwarf to explore them. We found signs of the legendary Giant Cave Spider. Better look out in them caverns.

Then, i sent our newest mechanic to go fetch the fucking anvil that's been rusting for a year now.

Afterwards, i congratulated him and-
FUCK!!!! YETI!!! THEY'VE COME BACK TO GET ME!!! AIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Fortunately, this one was dispatched. But not without some loss. Some of our soldiers were heavily wounded, so i decided to turn the center of the fort into a makeshift hospital.

Shortly after the fucking Yeti was killed, the elves arrived. But we had nothing to trade them, as the previous ruler had only made things out of wood, and i hadn't checked to make sure. So, regrettably, i was forced to seize all their foods. I promised them gold items next year, but they just glared at me and stormed out of the depot.

More happy shit follows! Some fuck decides to stop working, and when i build a metalsmith's workshop to make good on my promise to the elves, she claims it and starts screaming for bars! Asshole! But i thought i would let her finish his...whatever he was working on. While she was working, a yeti showed up! Luckily, i had the mechanisms hooked up this time. One pull of the lever, and that yeti was getting nowhere near anyone.
F-f.....She made the most beautiful axe. On it is a masterpiece engraving of the king himself. I weeped for a good two minutes after seeing the damn thing. Of course, she became the best weaponsmith in the fort. So, i took the natural course of action and possessed her.

The digging has succeeded well past my expectations. We've uncovered many ores, and a fucking sea of magma. Also, one of the dwarves claims to have seen adamantine through said magma. He was probably drunk or something.
Now for something completel-hrrk....

Notes of Imush Dodokmor

Fath Numvabok fell down in the middle of the meeting area, choking. When we got her into surgery, she started coughing something up. Then, something incredible happened. A poof of bunny fluff, and a loud FEEP!, and a fluffy wambler clambered it's way out of her throat. It then hopped an incredible distance to the gate, and jumped THROUGH our drawbridge. Incredible.

Anyway, here's the latest records on our stocks, since Fath is unconscious.

-----------------------
And that's a- FEEP!

save

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6