Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49454 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #330 on: September 27, 2010, 09:28:35 pm »

I'm gonna have to dredge Two Worlds back up. Horrible story, horrible voice acting, horrible gameplay, horrible animations, horrible textures, horrible controls, horrible everything. Not even drunken voiceovers helped. They were the only thing good about that game.
"MMMMM, WET."

I can't get over it. He says it every time he gets in the water. It's like a painful narm flare in my memory.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 27, 2010, 10:57:20 pm »

Maybe it's because I was trying to play it on a shit computer at the time, and maybe it was because I only played the demo, but man oh man did I hate Thief 1. I'm supposed to steal stuff with this asshole? He walks one fucking mile an hour, can't jump worth a crap, his shoes go tap-tap-tappety... look, Garrett, save your high heel fetish for the fucking bedroom, all right? Oh what's the use, you fight like a sissy anyway. Just plain unplayable.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 28, 2010, 07:39:04 am »

Maybe it's because I was trying to play it on a shit computer at the time, and maybe it was because I only played the demo, but man oh man did I hate Thief 1. I'm supposed to steal stuff with this asshole? He walks one fucking mile an hour, can't jump worth a crap, his shoes go tap-tap-tappety... look, Garrett, save your high heel fetish for the fucking bedroom, all right? Oh what's the use, you fight like a sissy anyway. Just plain unplayable.
Even if you don't like it, it's pretty fun to watch someone else play (incompetently if possible).

Though what do you care how he jumps? He's one of the few FPP game characters that can actually climb up ledges.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 28, 2010, 11:50:53 am »

Yes, and trying to get him to do that was an experience all its own. The ledge-climbing bit seems to work better in third-person shooters like Tomb Raider and Alice.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 02, 2010, 10:12:42 pm »

State of Emergency wasn't worth the three bucks I paid for it.

It was worth maybe two, though. I bought it because I was expecting "so bad it's good" and it almost got there, but it started sliding down the deep end of "so bad it's horrible". The GTA2-like announcer is great, and the pure chaos of two hundred headless chickens running around at any given moment is funny for a long while, but overall the game is just an awful mess with horrible controls. Feels like someone breathed life into an incomplete tech demo.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 02, 2010, 10:19:40 pm »

Superman 64. Don't remind me of it.

lmao
my friend traded a game in for that one

he was young. and stupid.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

ZhangC1459

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 02, 2010, 10:52:34 pm »

My friend had the PC version of the Bionicle: Mask of Light game, and it was shit.

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 04, 2010, 03:48:59 am »

The Gothic Series, each and every one of them is boring, dated graphics, bugged fest, and not only that... each and every game has no autosave. The Guild 2 is also in my list, for bad AI (i'm alway's losing money), bugfest, etc.... JoWood is not in my list of most hated companies, good thing they are dying.

I got other game's that I listed to, Syphin Filter 3 for the PS2, Uncharted Worlds Online, Thousand Arms, Disciples 3, and other games that hated that I don't remember ( think the gods ).

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 04, 2010, 04:33:01 am »

The Gothic Series, each and every one of them is boring, dated graphics, bugged fest, and not only that... each and every game has no autosave. The Guild 2 is also in my list, for bad AI (i'm alway's losing money), bugfest, etc.... JoWood is not in my list of most hated companies, good thing they are dying.

I got other game's that I listed to, Syphin Filter 3 for the PS2, Uncharted Worlds Online, Thousand Arms, Disciples 3, and other games that hated that I don't remember ( think the gods ).

I LOVED Guild 2.... For the concept. The bugs, lack of mechanics in some places and I shall bring it up again, HORRIBLE BUGS, the enemy AI who do the same thing every year, its amazing, the game went in 4 YEAR PERIODS and... Oh God, I could go on for ever.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 04, 2010, 04:35:55 am »

Syphin Filter 3 was for PS1 and was good. (If I remember correctly it was good. I'm probably thinking of the first one)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 04, 2010, 08:44:11 am »

I know Syphon Filter 2 was pretty good. Jesus christ that is a stupid sounding title now that I look at it, but at least it's plot relevant.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

mipe9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 04, 2010, 09:10:10 am »

*insert Action 52 here*

Other than that, Desert Bus

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 04, 2010, 09:23:10 am »

The worst would have to be Superman 64, but I've had alot of games that give me buyers regret lately. Most of them offer limited replayability (or are based on shitty models). Hence why piracy rates are up; try it before you find out it's a piece of shit, and see if it's worth your money first. Maybe once big companies start getting hit in their wallet they'll have to come up with something original.

Gratuitous Space Battles (90% of the game is just making ships in the limited interface)
Starcraft 2 (Xbox Live in my RTS? Fuck that)
Anything by EA or Activision (Bobby Kotick's latest game, [insert recycled garbage here], Spore included, and any Command and Conquer games past... Tiberium Sun/Red Alert 2)
Aion (advertised as PvP based, but you have to grind your ass off for months to even see the beginning of the fun stuff, a lot of people abandoned it after the first month)
Borderlands (was okay for a week, but if I wanted to play this kind of game I'd play Diablo 2 instead)
Most of the games I bought for my 360 (Fable 2's a piece of trash; pretty graphics and shallow gameplay are the way to go these days though. We're hitting the widest possible audience and alienating the original gamers!)
WoW post-Wrath (Farmville can compete with the model they put up; farm all day and get free epix by night with all the retarded people who can't push 1-4 in the right order. Then again, Bobby Kotick's making moneys off the Chinese farmers they ban on a daily basis)
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 04, 2010, 09:54:49 am »

The entire Halo series. They don't change at all in gameplay, all it is is sticking to a formula of gaming that they know the fanboys will cream about. Fanboy cream = $$$ for companies.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 04, 2010, 09:58:25 am »

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait....wait. You're telling me that fanboys secrete money!? That's it, I need to buy a house with a basement and put chains up.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35