Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35

Author Topic: Worst Games You've Ever Played?  (Read 49443 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Games You've Ever Played?
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2010, 05:41:52 am »

My worst game......... Would be Total War: Empire. Bought a fucking DVD, I have the FUCKING DVD in my drive, I HAVE PUT IN THE FUCKING CODE. SO WHY ARE YOU FORCING ME TO SIGN UP FOR STEAM AND DOWNLOAD THE FUCKING GAME!!!!! IT SHOULD BE ON THE FUCKING DVD IN MY COMPUTER ALREADY!!!!

Seriously, my net connection is just JUST better then dial up, and I was forced to download a 3gb Game, well 1.7gb anyway, scoured the net for 4 GOD DAMN HOURS just to find that the Game IS on the DVD and I had to fucking do 101 Different things just to make it install... YES IT TOOK ME 4HRS TO FIND IT AND I HAD ONLY DONWLOADED 1.7/3GB!!!!

[fakeignorance] Yeah, well perhaps that wouldn't be the case if you weren't a dirty software pirate![/fakeignorance]
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2010, 05:44:22 am »

[fakeignorance] Yeah, well perhaps that wouldn't be the case if you weren't a dirty software pirate![/fakeignorance]
..... It maybe due to my need for sleep, my body screaming out that its sore and my stomach curling due to too much chocolate. But are you being sarcastic???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2010, 05:46:41 am »

I figured the [fakeignorance] tag would have made it clear, but yes, I am being sarcastic.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2010, 08:32:39 am »

My worst game......... Would be Total War: Empire. Bought a fucking DVD, I have the FUCKING DVD in my drive, I HAVE PUT IN THE FUCKING CODE. SO WHY ARE YOU FORCING ME TO SIGN UP FOR STEAM AND DOWNLOAD THE FUCKING GAME!!!!! IT SHOULD BE ON THE FUCKING DVD IN MY COMPUTER ALREADY!!!!

Seriously, my net connection is just JUST better then dial up, and I was forced to download a 3gb Game, well 1.7gb anyway, scoured the net for 4 GOD DAMN HOURS just to find that the Game IS on the DVD and I had to fucking do 101 Different things just to make it install... YES IT TOOK ME 4HRS TO FIND IT AND I HAD ONLY DONWLOADED 1.7/3GB!!!!

#1: Same thing happened to me and Modern Warfare 2. Still haven't played it because I need to download 2 extra gigs after finally going insane trying to figure out how to install it off of the bedamned DVD.

#2: That damn well isn't "JUST better then dial up", it's on a completely different UNIVERSE! Do you know what 4 hours nets me? Let me put it this way. Beasts and Bumpkins is like 85 or so MEGS. Download time? 10-14 HOURS. I would rend asunder a football stadium full of tiny woodland creatures with my bare hands for that connection...  Or wait a month until I go back to Uni...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 11:27:16 am by Chaoswizkid »
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2010, 10:09:48 am »

My candidates for worst. Game. Ever:

Empire: Total War: I know they've apparently fixed it since release, but a game that's released shouldn't need to be fixed. Horrific artificial intelligence issues, both with your units (I quote: "Shoot your damn rifles! *Click click click click click* For God's sake shoot them! They're charging at you! You couldn't have it easier! Why aren't you shooting?!") and theirs (Another quote: "Okay, they've got artillery, cavalry, and their infantry regiments outnumber my entire army. If they open fire now, I'm done fo- wait...why are they all charging?"). The AI gave the impression that they used the battle AI from previous games, where close combat was the aim, rather than standing behind cover and shooting at each other. The new features, e.g. naval battles, were poorly done ("How in the seven hells did a sloop just blow up my First Rate?"). I could go on but this paragraph is probably enough to make people's eyes water as it is.

And all the usual candidates (Big Rigs and whatever else you people hate)

Games that have disappointed me after I bought them:

All of them: I don't know if anyone here has quite caught on to this yet, but developers lie. They talk about their game like it's the best thing since sliced bread because if they didn't, nobody would buy them. They only talk about the good parts, they never mention limitations of their engine, shortcomings with the features, or other bad things because that would discourage people. They exaggerate the features because then people will think it's original instead of thinking they stole it from Gears of War or whatever. So when launch day comes, hundreds of thousands of people buy the product and thousands of people rush online to whinge about how disappointed they are that X feature didn't live up to their expectations or how the game is "OMG so buggy did they even hire a single beta tester they suck I'm never gonna buy from them again let's boycott the company" (Tip: Don't read that last sentence out loud, you'll sound like an idiot)

But since it wouldn't be right if I didn't name some of the best examples:

ArmA: Armed Assault 2: Yeah, it's an accurate military simulator. The map editor is the most wonderful tool in the world. The modding community is huge and active. But the game has two major drawbacks, one I was expecting to encounter, one I wasn't. One, the voice acting. It honestly sounds like they got about 10 people in a room and had them all read out the same lines, then cut up the lines and put them together so you had lines in-game that switch between a gruff male voice, a soft male voice, a screaming male voice, a whispering male voice, and what sounds suspiciously like a female voice, all in the same line of dialogue. This, for such a realistic game, is somewhat immersion breaking. Two (And this one I was expecting), the map editor is more complex than DF. You need to know every single command in the game to get an AI creature to do something. And there are lots and lots and lots....

(Protip: Do NOT quote this post)

The Witcher: This was a disappointment all round, the game is proof that you should never, ever trust a cinematic trailer. The controls are bad, the settings are confusing, the bugs are plentiful and the sex is awful.

Bioshock + Bioshock 2: Previously stated reasons. Although it was also laid low by the fact I guessed one of the major plot twists in the first five minutes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most licensed games: With the possible exception of Peter Jackson's King Kong

Most games based on the Olympics: The instructions usually don't get much more complex than 'Mash Two buttons to run', and by God, did you have to mash them, I firmly believe no human being could keep up with the competition in the races. "Press this at the right time to break a record", and if you were half a millisecond off, you failed. "Press a certain button combo to do something, but do it QUICKLY" is the most complex instruction you got, and if you weren't INSTANT on that button press, you lost.

Fallout 3 + Oblivion: Previously stated reasons

Okay, I'm done.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2010, 10:20:27 am »

I have another terrible game:Resident Evil 5,alright RE 4 was good (but it pretty much wasn't even a RE game) but RE 5 is an utter shitfest,the A.I is simply run into guy and get mowed down by him with the occasional flank,Sheva just gets in your way and runs through your line of fire,and gets killed for having a worse A.I than the things that you are killing,the game is VERY short,I completed it in 2 days,and it has no change in gameplay,all it is is shoot reload shoot reload,no backtracking or puzzles like all the other RE games just shoot and re-fucking-load and it dosen't have any scary moments (mainly because you have ammo EVERYWHERE and overpowered weapons)and with all of the barrels it makes you think that they are not doing something sinister using parasites,it makes you think that they are brewing beer,the first level was great but it just kept on degrading until it was so boring it was unplayable.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:22:08 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2010, 10:21:16 am »

Yes, 5 was fucking unsatisfying.

I finished the game with nothing but the Stun Rod and a pistol.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2010, 10:23:44 am »

Oh and did I mention a rotten egg kills everything aside from bosses?,and they named an acheivement "Ride The Lightning" now Capcom,don't drag Metallica into this shitfest of a game.Also they have pretty much sealed the coffin of RE by making this,you know once they get a taste for making horrible games they cannot usually go back to making good games,yes i'm staring at you ID.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:27:17 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Vahan

« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2010, 11:32:11 am »

I played re5 with a friend and we got to the very last level really easily...

and then there was a bug that meant it was literally impossible for sheva to get herself beyond a certain point unless you had superfast ( like non human) fingers. I dont think they playtesting the game.
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2010, 03:01:52 pm »

Doom 3,I was expecting to have an awesome all new doom 2 with a new engine and stuff in it and I get a poorly slapped together piece of shit.It sucks more than elfs.
:\ best be trollin

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2010, 03:09:30 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:30:18 am by Stany »

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2010, 03:24:29 pm »

Azurik for Xbox.  The tagline could be "Zelda done wrong.  No, even more so than WoG".

Generic moves, NPCs that add nothing to the game, even though it looks like you should be able to get info/quests from them, yada yada..

But the worst thing is that the combat is just SO BORING!!!  Hit a guy three times and he falls over.  You can't hit him again till he gets back up.  He takes between 3 and 5 seconds to do so, and they require anywhere between 9 and 30 hits to kill.  I really hope the people who designed that mechanic are no longer working.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2010, 03:42:45 pm »

Fable 1 was a huge letdown. It wast terrible during the first few hours, but unbearable later on since by then you had become god and the game could barely keep up.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2010, 06:25:08 pm »

Doom 3,I was expecting to have an awesome all new doom 2 with a new engine and stuff in it and I get a poorly slapped together piece of shit.It sucks more than elfs.
:\ best be trollin
I'd actually share that sentiment to some extent. It felt like they sacrificed gameplay for some advanced shaders that aged really badly.

Shzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2010, 08:48:21 pm »

I wasn't terribly impressed with Doom 3 either. Unlike most, the whole flashlight/no duct tape on Mars didn't bother me; but I couldn't stand having a monster closet open behind you every third step you took. It was irritating the first couple times, then became an exercise in tedium as I learned to turn around and backpedal onto every item pickup and through every doorway. Also, too many imps, and pinky wasn't pink enough. And I thought the plasma rifle had the stupidest sound effect since exaggerated fist fights in bad action movies.
000634 □ [adventure mode][environment]   jumping into water while on fire resulted in steamy death
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35