Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Job Manager and Work Quotas  (Read 742 times)

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Job Manager and Work Quotas
« on: July 16, 2010, 11:14:19 am »

H'lo.

Upon loading up my game this morning I noticed something strange: I had my dwarves make 11 pig iron through the job manager and as I watched them go about it I didn't notice the number in the job manager going down. The dwarves kept making pig iron indefinitely irregardless of the number set in the job manager, which stayed at 11, until I canceled the jobs in the smelters manually. After, a similar thing happened when ordering them to make 11 steel bars; they kept going, the job manager oblivious to steel being made, until they ran out of pig iron and self-canceled the job.

Anyone get anything similar? First time for me.

EDIT: Also important to note that all other jobs work fine as they should. Maybe it's a bug with steel & pig iron production?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:16:20 am by Bronzebeard »

backflip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Job Manager and Work Quotas
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:59:46 am »

I haven't noticed this yet, but will definitely test pig iron.

Also, 'irregardless'?
No, its realistic.

I dont think realism is a major concern in a game about alcoholic midgets fighting dragons and soapmen.

einstein9073

• Bay Watcher
  • Thus spice intestinally loft Blanka.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 12:02:19 pm »

Also, 'irregardless'?
His vocabules are irrelevant to the discussion.
Irregardlessly, I haven't felt the need to use the manager yet.
Strike the earth!
Dwarf Fortress: It menaces with spikes of AWESOME.

Zopha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 12:08:22 pm »

I had the same with coke production recently. The jobs in the work shop got assigned the automattic flag so production went non stop till I noticed it in the manager screen. I'm sure I didn't enable it in both smelters but it appeared.

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 12:58:57 pm »

Also, 'irregardless'?

Irregardless is an informal term meaning regardless or irrespective, which has caused controversy since it first appeared in the early twentieth century. Most dictionaries list it as "incorrect" or "nonstandard". - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

Apologies, nonetheless. :P

His vocabules are irrelevant to the discussion.
Irregardlessly, I haven't felt the need to use the manager yet.

You don't use the job manager? A leap in gameplay from mine, I'd hardly get anything done without it.

I had the same with coke production recently. The jobs in the work shop got assigned the automattic flag so production went non stop till I noticed it in the manager screen. I'm sure I didn't enable it in both smelters but it appeared.

Do you mean they have an "R" next to them, as in they repeat? I should note that that's not the case with mine, the tasks just keep generating in the smelters indefinitely.

Darkwhite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 01:10:11 pm »

I can confirm that problem. I started a job for 15 pig iron at version 08, everything worked fine the bars were produced and the number of outstanding bars decreased at the manager screen. Now I changed to version 10 when only one bar of the job was left to be done. I just watched my furnace operator make one bar but there was no change at the manager screen. After the dwarf left the furnace, a new job for one bar was added to the joblist of said furnace again.

Other jobs, although not related to the furnaces did work: The number of outstanding items decreased until the job was finished and deleted from the manager screen.

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 01:19:10 pm »

This is in the bug tracker and hopefully will be addressed soon.

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 01:22:23 pm »

Well, then! Wonderful.