Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any help?  (Read 1308 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Any help?
« on: July 15, 2010, 09:10:09 pm »

I am currently making a few modifications to a mod I found called Deon's Wasteland Mod (Which, don't worry, I am going to give to him when I am done) which puts DF into a post-apocalyptic landscape. This is my first (and hopefully not last!) modification I have made.

Here are the raws for one of the creatures.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Confused? I'll explain.

Basically, you know engraving? I think that, in this mod, you can engrave images of the past world. Helicopters are just one of the first images I have made. Plus, whole religions could be made about helicopters, which I would love to see. "Church of the holy helicopter"!

Anyway, down to business. I haven't located a suitable modding tutorial, so basically...Anything wrong with my fabled helicopter? Or at least the code? Just tell me what's wrong, what to do instead or how to improve it, then I'll just do what you said and be on my merry way.

P.S I hope to god this isn't the bay12 forums equivalent of screwing up breathing!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Any help?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 09:57:08 pm »

[CREATURE:HELCIOPTER]
   [DESCRIPTION:Before the world went to hell, these were used to fly people everywhere.]
   [NAME:helicopter:helicopters:helicopterian]
   [CASTE_NAME:helicopter:helicopters:helicopterian]

[CREATURE_TILE:56][COLOR:3:0:0]
        [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
        [MANNERISM_HEAD:cockpit]
        [MANNERISM_EYES:windows]
        [MANNERISM_UPPERBODY:body]
        [FANCIFUL]
        [PREFSTRING:forever lost nature]
        [POWER]
        [CAN_SPEAK]
        [APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE]
        [FLIER]

For starters... spelling = wrong for creature

I don't agree with 'helicopterian'

And I'm not too sure about that description.

-edit-

I looked up the term helicopterian and there is only... 2 or 3 web pages that have it on there... They used it in the fashion of 'helicopterian-manslaughter'
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:01:42 pm by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 10:05:16 pm »

[CREATURE:HELCIOPTER]
   [DESCRIPTION:Before the world went to hell, these were used to fly people everywhere.]
   [NAME:helicopter:helicopters:helicopterian]
   [CASTE_NAME:helicopter:helicopters:helicopterian]

[CREATURE_TILE:56][COLOR:3:0:0]
        [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
        [MANNERISM_HEAD:cockpit]
        [MANNERISM_EYES:windows]
        [MANNERISM_UPPERBODY:body]
        [FANCIFUL]
        [PREFSTRING:forever lost nature]
        [POWER]
        [CAN_SPEAK]
        [APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE]
        [FLIER]

For starters... spelling = wrong for creature

I don't agree with 'helicopterian'

And I'm not too sure about that description.

-edit-

I looked up the term helicopterian and there is only... 2 or 3 web pages that have it on there... They used it in the fashion of 'helicopterian-manslaughter'

Oh, sorry. It's just...Well, I really couldn't think of another word. It's pretty much a made-up one.

Should I do another, or just leave it? Cos, it's just going to be a legend.

And I'll correct the spelling, how silly of me!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 10:44:40 pm »

Well, I'm a little tired right now... So I'll keep things easy. If you know something I don't feel free to share...

Most creatures (or all from what I can recall) go helicopter:helicopters:helicopter

The first and third one seem to be the same.

I know it's just a game and it's just a fanciful creature. However it would be smart to make sure you get all your spelling mistakes and grammatical errors out now. If you spell something wrong it WILL lead to stuff not work.

For the description, I don't know if I'd say that description, I don't know about you, but near everyone I know have only seen a helicopter off in the distance or in the sky.

I'm going to fly helicopters btw, so it's kind of cool you brought this up.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 10:50:39 pm »

Well, I'm a little tired right now... So I'll keep things easy. If you know something I don't feel free to share...

Most creatures (or all from what I can recall) go helicopter:helicopters:helicopter

The first and third one seem to be the same.

I know it's just a game and it's just a fanciful creature. However it would be smart to make sure you get all your spelling mistakes and grammatical errors out now. If you spell something wrong it WILL lead to stuff not work.

For the description, I don't know if I'd say that description, I don't know about you, but near everyone I know have only seen a helicopter off in the distance or in the sky.

I'm going to fly helicopters btw, so it's kind of cool you brought this up.

Great.

I actually added a tag that makes it so that people worship helicopters!

Well, it makes sense. The mod makes it so that it's set after the end.

Also, here is the current description:

Flying machine that could transport people to other places.

I am going to bed anyway. I'll respond tomorrow.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 10:54:01 pm »

Works for me, hopefully you finish the mod.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 07:53:59 am »

Works for me, hopefully you finish the mod.

Also, how is this?

This is a bit more refined.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 08:17:04 am »

Yeah the bombs sound good,they could be worshipped like that bomb in Megaton in fallout 3

OneOfNone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 09:40:38 am »

Was reading a syndrome thread, got idea for this. make one of the stone types be radioactive and do bad things to dwarves who mine it.

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 10:09:45 am »

Was reading a syndrome thread, got idea for this. make one of the stone types be radioactive and do bad things to dwarves who mine it.

Ooh. Make it so it goes from solid to gas at like, one degree above room temperature... I think it varies enough for this to make it unstable.
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 02:56:56 pm »

You'd be talking about something like the black lung mod that Deon had. He got it from some where else, but I think Deon did some fine tuning on it. You could try PMing him if you're interested.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 04:58:15 pm »

radioactive rocks shouldn't be simulated by a gas,
unless you want the rocks to evaporate.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 05:16:45 pm »

Well, as it stands... radioactivity can only be simulated by a gas... Unless you know how to make rocks lactate poisonous juices.