Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Endless Invasion  (Read 930 times)

Rcraft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Endless Invasion
« on: July 13, 2010, 11:30:50 pm »

After dispatching most of a goblin invasion, there still remain 4 giant cave swallows (one with a goblin on its back) way up in the sky.  My soldiers don't seem to be able to reach these beasts, and they're just sitting in the same general area, never coming down. 

How can I get rid of these creatures?  Is there a mod that I can install that will allow me to delete individual creatures?  If not, is there something I can change in the raws that will kill all of the giant cave swallows (I tried just removing the entry in the raw -- didn't do anything)?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Invasion
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 11:37:25 pm »

Note that individual save folders have their own set of raws. You'll need to modify the set which corresponds to your save if you want to change anything.

And yeah, just removing their brains will result in them collapsing.

Rcraft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 11:41:46 pm »

That's where I went wrong.  I removed the brain in the correct raw and they fell right out of the sky :)

Thanks

rodya_mirov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 12:06:14 am »

That's the coolest way to deal with a problem

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 01:29:16 am »

Dwarven Science: Rearranging the anatomy of creatures to suit our needs since 2010!

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 02:57:18 am »

this thread made me laugh.

Awesome.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 08:43:23 am »

That's the coolest way to deal with a problem

No, but close.

The coolest way would to replace their brain with magma.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 11:09:18 am »

You could just adjust their homeotherm so they burst into flames. Its messy though, so there could be some !!FUN!! that happens.

Drowning them is probably the cleanest way to do it. Make them aquatic. Problem solves itself.

einstein9073

• Bay Watcher
  • Thus spice intestinally loft Blanka.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 12:00:46 pm »

You could just adjust their homeotherm so they burst into flames. Its messy though, so there could be some !!FUN!! that happens.
Drowning them is probably the cleanest way to do it. Make them aquatic. Problem solves itself.
Is it possible to kill something by adjusting their body temperature so they freeze to death at room cave temperature?
Strike the earth!
Dwarf Fortress: It menaces with spikes of AWESOME.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 12:15:32 pm »

Dwarven Science: Rearranging the anatomy of creatures to suit our needs since 2010!

Make that 2008, because the same "hack" has been viable since at least 40d, perhaps earlier.