Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 31.10 crossdwarf training  (Read 958 times)

Brian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
31.10 crossdwarf training
« on: July 13, 2010, 07:54:56 pm »

I have an odd situation right now. My crossdwarves will train in the same way that other military dwarves will train, but they refuse to use the archery targets.  They are fully equipped including quivers, however one of them (the commander) constantly generates equipment mismatch announcements.  A kobold ran into the training area and they all shot at him. I have all the archery ranges set to train their squad.

Any suggestions? I have the schedule cycling between training and no orders, just in case they needed time off from their training in order.. to train.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 31.10 crossdwarf training
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 08:38:26 pm »

A horse stole my archery targets. True story.

If you have the same problem, just build a new one and make sure it's set up correctly :P

Also, did you check your ammunition settings in the military screens?
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Brian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:50:11 pm »

nice. Nah the ammo is all set. They all have loaded quivers. They fire at hostiles they just won't practice!

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 08:54:31 pm »

Are you sure you set whatever ammo they use to "use in training", or whatever it's called?

(And does the archery range have the squad in question ticket for "training", or "T"?
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Brian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 08:56:21 pm »

Well, the good news is you taught me something new. I didn't know I had to, or could say that the ammo is for training. The bad news is it was already selected for training.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 09:01:51 pm »

Try giving the squad a kill or move order, then cancel it later on. I think I recall that working occasionally.

Otherwise, try disbanding the squad and assembling it again after some time, maybe with a different leader.

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 07:35:03 pm »

I can't even get my marksdwarf squad to pick up quivers and bolts, both of which are in abundance. If I set them to train at the archery targets they just go practice dodging.

Shogger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 07:37:37 pm »

I'm having issues with archery targets where the marksdwarves will end up frozen in place with the labor 'going to archery practice.' Better to get some live goblins to chain up behind some fortifications and have them practice that way.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 07:55:46 pm »

Try making his squad active via the squad screen.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Jztiberius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 11:47:58 pm »

I have the opposite problem, i told my marksdwarves to use wood and bone for practice and metal for killing...but once they ran out of wood ones they started shooting my good bolts at targets. That was really annoying. But then I found out in the Ammo screen you should have the practice ammo listed first and the combat second and then there will be no problems. Well they will say equipment mismatch when they run out of practice ammo but thats easy enough to ignore. I can use marksdwarves again!

Ceaser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 12:13:16 am »

I'm having issues with archery targets where the marksdwarves will end up frozen in place with the labor 'going to archery practice.' Better to get some live goblins to chain up behind some fortifications and have them practice that way.

I need someone else to back me up on this, but for me marksdwarves won't shoot through fortifications (hunters on the other hand have no problem :P), a simple alternative I'm using is a pit with a locked door.

For the record I also haven't gotten archers to practice reliably either(saw one for about 20 seconds but nothing since), they do ind. training without issue though.