Everybody vote Kamina

who will
- 0 (0%)
win
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 09, 2010, 08:17:28 pm

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 292

Author Topic: MORE FAVORITE: Bro wins! People like to debate things that are over.  (Read 216217 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: FIGHT TO THE DEATH: Bronze Colossus \/S Jesus
« Reply #1530 on: July 16, 2010, 08:55:26 pm »

Except at the end of the Bible, which is technically the same Jesus. There, he pretty much kicked the ass of Satan and all his angels and all that. By your own logic, Jesus, even without the power of the trinity, is still the greatest soldier of all time. And that's not even getting into his other incarnations.

EDIT: And if you haven't seen the movie you wouldn't get the joke.
Where is this? Could you tell me the chapter, preferably the chapter and the numbers thing that goes with them?
What do you mean by other incarnations?

Okay, I don't get the joke, but it seemed to me that you did not present it to me as a joke, you presented it as a legitimate argument for why Jesus would win.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: July 16, 2010, 08:58:12 pm »

Except at the end of the Bible, which is technically the same Jesus. There, he pretty much kicked the ass of Satan and all his angels and all that. By your own logic, Jesus, even without the power of the trinity, is still the greatest soldier of all time. And that's not even getting into his other incarnations.

EDIT: And if you haven't seen the movie you wouldn't get the joke.
Where is this? Could you tell me the chapter, preferably the chapter and the numbers thing that goes with them?
What do you mean by other incarnations?

Okay, I don't get the joke, but it seemed to me that you did not present it to me as a joke, you presented it as a legitimate argument for why Jesus would win.

If the random capitalizations and the devouring of a well-known actor did not make it an obvious joke, I don't know what to tell you. As for Jesus, I don't have a Bible on hand, but it was before chapter twenty of Revelation I think. It was one of the two times Satan rose up.

And if we're going to include every incarnation of Jesus, as I said before, Paradise Lost Jesus beat all of Satan's army by himself at half strength. That's pretty crazy.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: July 16, 2010, 08:58:59 pm »

It's a bronze collosus.

Even Jesus can't handle that.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1533 on: July 16, 2010, 09:02:40 pm »

You guys mean this guy, right?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm thinking that it's going to take more than a red helmet to protect you from several hundred tons of enraged bronze, Jesus, buddy.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to vote for the large alloyed fellow.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: July 16, 2010, 09:08:26 pm »

I knew it was originally a joke, but when you told me that Jesus would win because of the explanation you put forward, I assumed you now meant it seriously.

Do you mean this part?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That part, I'm just... I don't even know. I'm not sure how it proves Jesus is powerful, unless you mean a different part?

And again: If we assume every incarnation of Jesus, we must also assume every incarnation of the Bronze Colossus.

A Story, By Cheddarius
Once there was a Bronze Colossus. He was even better than Jesus and would kill him in a fight. The end.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: July 16, 2010, 09:10:52 pm »

Now I mean literary incarnations and such. Paradise Lost is enough of a classic that it could be seen as a logical interpretation of Jesus. I don't mean every single fanfic and South Park episode must be included, just that the Bible isn't the sole source for Jesus in this context. A Bronze Colossus, for example, could be a mix of the best parts from each version of DF.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: July 16, 2010, 09:15:36 pm »

...why?
When someone enters someone into this competition, they are thinking of a specific person. They aren't thinking of all the different portrayals of people. For example, if I were to submit "elephants" from DF, I would not be talking about the new elephants, or all the elephants from different versions combined, or even all the best parts of elephants. I would be talking about solely one type of elephants -

Well, drat. It appears I'm wrong. Nenjin really was talking about all the Jesuses combined. I concede the point.

Haven't you seen Jesus and the Argonauts that Robot Chicken did? Neither Jesus nor the Colossus can be killed! First round stalemate!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: July 16, 2010, 09:18:47 pm »

I would argue that Paridise Lost is non-canon. As is Dante's Inferno/Purgitorio/Paradisio. How about we just vote on a version for each competitor and stick with it?

Bronze Colossus

.23a
.40d
.31/2010

Jesus Christ

The Bible
Paridise Lost
Dante's Inferno/Purgitorio/Paradisio

Everyone happy with this idea?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 09:26:34 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: July 16, 2010, 09:21:19 pm »

I think the problem is the unclear definition of a "fight to the death" and what, specifically, an entrant really is. For this we could go to ToonyMan; however, I will take the stance that because the rules were unclear, one is free to submit anybody one wants, even combinations of different characters if one likes. Nenjin seemed to be submitting "Jesus with every power he's been depicted as having, even in things that aren't that notable, like Robot Chicken", and again, because the rules were unclear, I'll accept that submission as legal.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: July 16, 2010, 09:23:37 pm »

The Rules, simple.
The Outcome, you decide.
popularity contest

There would be no real way to judge an actual fight anyway, totally subjective.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: July 16, 2010, 09:24:46 pm »

I know, but we could end this argument with an offical vote on the version of each competitor.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: July 16, 2010, 09:25:35 pm »

There is no official "version", whoever they are it's up to you.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: July 16, 2010, 09:26:44 pm »

:/
So "Fight to the Death" is just false advertising?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: July 16, 2010, 09:28:00 pm »

:/
So "Fight to the Death" is just false advertising?
It's more like "Popular to the Death"

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: July 16, 2010, 09:28:38 pm »

bronze colossus is vulnerable now, also jesus can come back to life if he dies.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 292