Everybody vote Kamina

who will
- 0 (0%)
win
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 09, 2010, 08:17:28 pm

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 292

Author Topic: MORE FAVORITE: Bro wins! People like to debate things that are over.  (Read 215996 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: FIGHT TO THE DEATH: Bronze Colossus \/S Jesus
« Reply #1500 on: July 16, 2010, 08:12:25 pm »

You have to remember this is a popularity contest on a forum that is primarily composed of people that play DF.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: July 16, 2010, 08:15:28 pm »

Bronze Colossi are pretty awesome. The problem here stems from facing it off against something that people can legitimately argue cannot lose.

Although arguing about it is ridiculously dorky. I think I'm going to stop, I can feel pimples willing themselves into existence even as I type this.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: July 16, 2010, 08:16:05 pm »

Which is why DF characters shouldn't be allowed. They have an unfair home-field advantage. It'd be like going to a PS3-centric forum and asking which is better between the PS3 and 360.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: July 16, 2010, 08:16:24 pm »

Serious Business Jackrabbit and CJ1145.

Serious BeeeSSSSSSSS

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: July 16, 2010, 08:17:27 pm »

Fregglump, Toony, calm yourself. I'm just saying.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: July 16, 2010, 08:17:34 pm »

That's Jesus except in this case he's right.
Bronze Colossi are pretty awesome. The problem here stems from facing it off against something that people can legitimately argue cannot lose.

Nah, nah. You're thinking of non-canonical Jesus, or God. Jesus got crucified easily, by mere mortals. Raptor Jesus, Space Jesus, Crystal Jesus, Uber-Jesus are not canonical. Canonical Jesus was a wimp. Canonical Jesus can't fling lightning bolts or use telekinesis or use the strength of a thousand men. Sure he can resurrect, but the Bronze Colossus can't even be hurt in the first place. It would, essentially, be a never-ending fight - and since it is a "fight to the death", I suppose it would end with Jesus's first death, and that would be it.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: July 16, 2010, 08:18:26 pm »

Nah, nah. You're thinking of God. Jesus got crucified easily, by mere mortals. Raptor Jesus, Space Jesus, Crystal Jesus, Uber-Jesus are not canonical. Canonical Jesus was a wimp. Canonical Jesus can't fling lightning bolts or use telekinesis or use the strength of a thousand men. Sure he can resurrect, but the Bronze Colossus can't even be hurt in the first place. It would, essentially, be a never-ending fight - and since it is a "fight to the death", I suppose it would end with Jesus's first death, and that would be it.

I've already described how Jesus could win the fight with nothing but his ability to conjure fish.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: July 16, 2010, 08:19:30 pm »

Jesus has to be provided with a fish to conjure more fish, I believe. Besides, Colossi don't breathe.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: July 16, 2010, 08:19:51 pm »

Serious BeeeSSSSSSSS

No srsbsns here Toony, promise. Just nerdiness. That's all - OH GOD WAIT A MINUTE.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: July 16, 2010, 08:20:39 pm »

Serious BeeeSSSSSSSS

No srsbsns here Toony, promise. Just nerdiness. That's all - OH GOD WAIT A MINUTE.

BEES. MY GOD.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: July 16, 2010, 08:22:20 pm »

And then Jackrabbit was covered in bees. And CJ knew the name of the King.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: July 16, 2010, 08:23:37 pm »

Jesus. Because if a dwarf with a fluffy wrambler can beat a bronze collossi, then jesus can.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1512 on: July 16, 2010, 08:24:56 pm »

Jesus. Because if a dwarf with a fluffy wrambler can beat a bronze collossi, then jesus can.
We've already covered that fluffy wamblers don't exist.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: July 16, 2010, 08:26:05 pm »

Serious BeeeSSSSSSSS

BEES. MY GOD.

BEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: July 16, 2010, 08:27:15 pm »

Okay, here's the Fishes and the Loaves story on Wikipedia and Bible.cc. Jesus breaks the bread and fish into pieces, and passes them around, and there are more. He can't summon fish in midair. He can't fling fish at supersonic velocities. He can't beat people to death with fish. His powers, that we know of, are very specific indeed: given a fish, he can break that fish into fragments, which will apparently grow into whole fishes or something of that nature. A dwarf may be able to behead a colossus with its bizarre ultra-throwing powers, but Jesus, with the strength of exactly one man, would not. The colossus would stomp him into the dirt immediately.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 292