Everybody vote Kamina

who will
- 0 (0%)
win
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 09, 2010, 08:17:28 pm

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 292

Author Topic: MORE FAVORITE: Bro wins! People like to debate things that are over.  (Read 216664 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: FIGHT TO THE DEATH: STUFFED LOBSTER \/S HEAVY WEAPONS GUY
« Reply #660 on: July 10, 2010, 10:55:28 pm »

*horrible comparison*
Fine. You don't like Diskworld much. This does not give you the right to compare it to Twilight. You couldn't compare a piece of trash to Twilight without getting complaints about how you are insulting the trash.

Yeah, seriously. Twilight and Eragon are the only series that are on the same level of shit. And that's a very low level.
The first Eragon book was decent. It was no more than that, but it was decent. The rest of the series... not so much, but still, it's not as bad as Twilight.

Now, enough of this, lets get back to the main point of this thread: Deciding whether we are more scared of Strife or The Heavy.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 10, 2010, 10:56:41 pm »

*horrible comparison*
Fine. You don't like Diskworld much. This does not give you the right to compare it to Twilight. You couldn't compare a piece of trash to Twilight without getting complaints about how you are insulting the trash.
I never said Discworld was bad. Read my post again. It just happens to be the most well-known series besides Twilight that I don't understand the love for. I've read plenty of the books, I enjoyed most of them. I just don't get why it's hailed as such a literary masterpiece on the internet. Also, why the fuck am I the only one that spells it correctly?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 10, 2010, 10:59:13 pm »

I never said Discworld was bad. Read my post again. It just happens to be the most well-known series besides Twilight that I don't understand the love for. I've read plenty of the books, I enjoyed most of them. I just don't get why it's hailed as such a literary masterpiece on the internet. Also, why the fuck am I the only one that spells it correctly?

Don't be silly. I spell it right as well.

Yeah, seriously. Twilight and Eragon are the only series that are on the same level of shit. And that's a very low level.
Doesn't Avatar get a mention? There must be a book by now...

Avatar was interesting because it had explosions and giant mechs. Twilight and Eragon have neither. (Though Eragon has Dragons.)
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 10, 2010, 10:59:40 pm »

And who the hell is going to vote for some nobody's lobster keychain over the Heavy Weapon's Guy, the beloved mascot of the popular and critically acclaimed class based FPS TF2?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 10, 2010, 11:00:44 pm »

Heavy!

Also, I think nominating characters on the logic that they're invincible in their universe is kind of weird and cheap- on that logic, wouldn't Mary Sue beat everyone hands down? But if you like Rincewind then that's fine (I've been meaning to read me some discworld...)

It would be like assuming that Lobster has no chance of killing Heavy because he is an inanimate keychain, whereas clearly Heavy is an armed human who is alive. Somehow I think that fact will be ignored by many, or at least there will be arguments that Heavy could trip on Lobster and fall off a cliff.

While I voted heavy, I somehow imagine the keychain still has a fighting chance.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 10, 2010, 11:03:39 pm »

Avatar was interesting because it had explosions and giant mechs.
Avatar has battlesuits, not giant mechs.
Gundams are giant mechs.

Also, I think it would have been super awesome had it been made by Michael Bay.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 10, 2010, 11:05:46 pm »

I vote for the lobster, myself. When does the poll open?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 10, 2010, 11:08:01 pm »

Poll doesn't open.
Toony counts votes in posts and uses poll to display them.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 10, 2010, 11:08:31 pm »

Also, I think nominating characters on the logic that they're invincible in their universe is kind of weird and cheap- on that logic, wouldn't Mary Sue beat everyone hands down? But if you like Rincewind then that's fine (I've been meaning to read me some discworld...)
He isn't invincible... it's just that he is the luckiest man alive. And his hourglass is kept on death's desk as a paperweight because not even he knows when Rincewind will die.

From wikipedia: Rincewind's life-timer is described as resembling something created by a glassblower with the hiccups in a time machine, due to his being hit by so much magic and being forcefully shuttled through time and space so many times
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 10, 2010, 11:14:34 pm »

No, Avatar is awesome. Not the part about how a human comes to respect an alien culture and turn against his own to do what is right. That part is just a Dances With Wolves ripoff. The awesomeness of Avatar comes from Colonel Miles Motherfucking Quaritch. He doesn't need to breath or not be on fire to kill the xenos scum! A true hero in every way. His sacrifice shall never be forgotten!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 10, 2010, 11:15:19 pm »

He was my favorite character, Avatar was such a tragic film.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 10, 2010, 11:16:25 pm »

This I can agree with.
It still should've been a Michael Bay film, though.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 10, 2010, 11:17:49 pm »

I don't see diskworld as a series about death being awesome.

it's a series about Sam Vimes, the baddest ass around.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 11, 2010, 12:13:34 am »

Heavy
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 11, 2010, 12:13:54 am »

I vote for the lobster. The extremely cute lobster of Strife versus some bald dude who doesn't know what stealth is.

This I can agree with.
It still should've been a Michael Bay film, though.

Yes.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 292