Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Which bug in DF mode would you like to see fixed first?  (Read 4163 times)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Which bug in DF mode would you like to see fixed first?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2010, 09:22:02 pm »

Toy, those go in ESV, not here, and BC's are killable. You just fail at life. And DF. Crossbowman need to function. I can't do shit without them.

*buzzer sound* Wrong! try killing a BC in adv mode, you can shatter EVEREY SINGLE BDDY PART and it just WONT DIE, even completely "shattered" it can still "push" you that does extreme damage amd shatters bones.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2010, 09:23:41 pm »

Hospitals are my top priority, but in all honesty, whatever will get people to stop declaring the game "Unplayable" without having tried playing it.

I started playing 31 with 31.04 (as soon as it could play on my Mac).  I've had a few annoying bugs, but nothing that bad.  So whatever changes need to be made to remove the drama queens along with the arsenal dwarf are fine with me.

Epacsten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2010, 10:24:01 pm »

Toy, those go in ESV, not here, and BC's are killable. You just fail at life. And DF. Crossbowman need to function. I can't do shit without them.

*buzzer sound* Wrong! try killing a BC in adv mode, you can shatter EVEREY SINGLE BDDY PART and it just WONT DIE, even completely "shattered" it can still "push" you that does extreme damage amd shatters bones.

If it has a head or its body can be bifurcated, it CAN be killed, regardless of what its made of. If you knock a BC's head off, it is instantly killed. Try throwing stuff at its head.
Urist McMayor: "Uh, err, h-hello --"
Kung Ustruorgu: "BE ENGULFED IN CLOUDS OF LOCUSTS AND EATEN ALIVE, MORTAL, FOR I BRING GREETINGS FROM TRADING GUILD. THERE IS MUCH TO DISSCUSS REGARDING TRADE BETWEEN OUR NATIONS AND YOUR INEVITABLE DEATH CAUSED BY HORIBLE MUTILATION OF YOUR PELVIC FLOOR.
WE ALSO PROPOSE EXCANGE OF SILK SOCKS, COOKIES AND TOYS."

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 10:54:04 pm »

How do you call shots in adventure mode?

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 11:18:48 pm »

Armok's Will is not a democracy. :D
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2010, 11:25:01 pm »

Moods demanding silk when caverns are disabled in worldgen if that counts x.x

4 failed moods in one year gahhh
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Epacsten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2010, 12:15:09 am »

Moods demanding silk when caverns are disabled in worldgen if that counts x.x

4 failed moods in one year gahhh

That's another reason why I like evil biomes. Phantom spider silk randomly appears on the surface.
I was just thinking how the phantom spider venom currently has no effect. What if they were the cause of undeads?
Zombie dwarves might be kind of cool, but since the spiders are vermin and can teleport, you'd never be safe.
Urist McMayor: "Uh, err, h-hello --"
Kung Ustruorgu: "BE ENGULFED IN CLOUDS OF LOCUSTS AND EATEN ALIVE, MORTAL, FOR I BRING GREETINGS FROM TRADING GUILD. THERE IS MUCH TO DISSCUSS REGARDING TRADE BETWEEN OUR NATIONS AND YOUR INEVITABLE DEATH CAUSED BY HORIBLE MUTILATION OF YOUR PELVIC FLOOR.
WE ALSO PROPOSE EXCANGE OF SILK SOCKS, COOKIES AND TOYS."

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 02:55:26 am »

I'de like fixed the one where you embark and play for six months, only to discover that your civilization is long dead and there will be no dwarven caravans. Bug #2280

This could be fixed by making the world generator re-populate at least one dwarven civilization before starting the game.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 02:59:05 am by AngleWyrm »

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 03:25:49 am »

twisting weapons in upper body, lower body and head should mangle nearby organs, because as far as I've seen it doesn't really do anything other then cause pain
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2010, 04:59:52 am »

Odd, I've never had a lot of the bugs you people are talking about. Not once in any of my fortresses across any of the new versions have I had the contaminant problem or dwarfs working themselves to death. Though wether that's a good thing or not is debateable, mine are far far too quick to put down their tools most of the time..
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 05:16:59 am »

I'm glad the arsenal dwarf has been removed for now - and not only removed but OBLITERATED. I like having marksdwarves back and military fixes in general. I had some good success with doctors and hospitals in my last County (i dont think i used any plaster but splints and sutres). I did have a one-footed dorf who never ever picked up crutches despite there being a selection of totally blinged out ones. So I guess I'd like that fixed. And maybe make healthcare a bit more of a priority for my lazy doctors.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 05:50:10 am »

They can be killed, but it's only possible to  do it with a weapon with a huge edge, like a Greataxe or a modified 2h sword.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Richard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 11:23:37 am »

Not so much a bug I guess but I can never enjoy a fort beyond a certain point because FPS always drops too low.  I know there are ways of minimizing this but that is annoying to me as well and doesn't really do much to fix the problem.  I'm willing to bet that just about everyone has had forts they've had to abandon because of this.

I can only see this getting worse as more and more features are added if multi-core processing is not enabled.  I know this could involve a total code rewrite and may be infeasible for a one person coding team, but if it is possible it should be done before anything else.

just my 2c
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 11:39:39 am by Richard »

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 12:00:11 pm »

I've had dwarves work themselves to death (isn't that fixed in .08 though?) and I had the expedition leader die and not get replaced (definitely fixed).  But neither were game breaking.  The laughs I got from the Brewer dying of thirst while making booze were worth the slight decreases in workforce until the next migrant wave.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 04:09:11 pm »

I'd like to see the oldest bugs fixed first. Persistent bugs bug me the most. :D
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3