Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Which bug in DF mode would you like to see fixed first?  (Read 4162 times)

Jh00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Which bug in DF mode would you like to see fixed first?
« on: July 07, 2010, 01:01:37 pm »

Just curious to know which bug (as reported in the Bugtracker) would you like to see fixed first.
Personally, I would like to see this and this .

BTW, considering the "DF Eternal Suggestion Voting" page, wouldn´t it be nice to have something similar to see which bug is the most annoying according to the players, so maybe it could have some priority?

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
Re: Which bug in DF mode would you like to see fixed first?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 01:22:13 pm »

Since Toady's fixing the major combat bugs, the only bug left really discouraging me from beginning to play the new version is the "forbidden beast contaminants spreading all over the fort and blinding all of your dwarves or making their legs fall off or something" thing.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2044
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=296
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 02:47:48 pm »

I desperately want the gypsum powder bug to be fixed, since the healthcare is one of my favourite additions to the game. Fixing training and equipment would be nice but above all else I'd like the gypsum bug fixed as soon as possible.

I also agree with your idea of the eternal voting for bugs.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 03:11:24 pm »

I'd love to see some of the hospital bugs go away, it's a great addition to the fortress game.

That is, assuming equipment and marksman fixes are a given.
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 03:17:44 pm »

Dead dwarves should be removed from squads, and splatter/blood/vomit/ichor should all be cleaned up at the turn of a season if no one has been able to clean it before then.

You leave a pool of blood on the ground and it will dry up. Used to be cleaned up automatically like this back in 40D, but not in 31.XX.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 03:37:02 pm »

well mainly militery bugs and combat have been fixed (esp that annoying "stuck in and you die" glitch)

so I cant think of much to really fix, Oh! I know, how militery is a pain in the *** to change equipment.. they just hold shields and swords in the same hand and wear 40 sets of armor you cant remove and so on.

For adventure mode I would like bronze clossus to be killible

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 05:13:39 pm »

Toy, those go in ESV, not here, and BC's are killable. You just fail at life. And DF. Crossbowman need to function. I can't do shit without them.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 05:35:27 pm »

Toy, those go in ESV, not here, and BC's are killable. You just fail at life. And DF. Crossbowman need to function. I can't do shit without them.

Steady on, love...

It seems a lot of people want the hospital glitches to be fixed.. Has anyone found any sort of workaround for the gypsum plaster glitch? Because I hear a lot of people talking about their dwarves having bones set successfully, so either there's a workaround, they're lucky, or I'm doing something wrong.

Or perhaps 2 compound fractures in the spine can't be healed with just a cast?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 05:54:42 pm »

Steady on, love...

It seems a lot of people want the hospital glitches to be fixed.. Has anyone found any sort of workaround for the gypsum plaster glitch? Because I hear a lot of people talking about their dwarves having bones set successfully, so either there's a workaround, they're lucky, or I'm doing something wrong.

Or perhaps 2 compound fractures in the spine can't be healed with just a cast?

i havent actually trfied it but doesnt it make sence to have bags for powder in hospitals, it just doesnt make sence to have powder sotred in a box

Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

RabidRabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 06:36:29 pm »

Nobody else wants Active Training fixed?  It's not completely combat-related, and not really addressed in the recent updates.  Toady is a one-man dev team, so the fix for it might still be far off, in favor of other combat bugs.  I just think it should be a bit more important to enable training for dodging, shield using, and armor using to decent levels before balancing things like macedwarf vs swordsdwarf vs marksdwarf.

Besides, the much anticipated marksdwarf fix would be kinda pointless if they still won't use archery targets properly.

Jh00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 07:03:31 pm »

Why not we just post a link to the bug you wish to have fixed? It is probably already explained there, and maybe, just maybe, Toady can have a look on this thread and easily see what was suggested.

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 07:21:56 pm »

If game being too slow counts as bug, then that.
Otherwise, contaminants or healthcare. Both are annoying, and its hard to say which is worse.
http://bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=296

http://bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=681
http://bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2437 and some other ones which i dont have on my list
BTW, considering the "DF Eternal Suggestion Voting" page, wouldn´t it be nice to have something similar to see which bug is the most annoying according to the players, so maybe it could have some priority?
Voting is typical feature of bugtrackers. Not sure if mantis has it natively, but even if it doesn't, there should be according plugin.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:27:01 pm by Urist McDepravity »

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 07:58:11 pm »

My biggest concerns are/were:

1. I want Hospitals to work
2. I want things made of random things to die
3. I want military to train
4. I want temp to not kill all the fish and stuff
5. I want dwarfs to not work themselves so hard they die

I know as of this new version, 2, 4, 5 should be fixed right? and How well do hospitals/doctors work now, and how easy is it to make your dwarfs train (even self training)?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 09:08:43 pm »

1. I want Hospitals to work
2. I want things made of random things to die
3. I want military to train
4. I want temp to not kill all the fish and stuff
5. I want dwarfs to not work themselves so hard they die
I know as of this new version, 2, 4, 5 should be fixed right? and How well do hospitals/doctors work now, and how easy is it to make your dwarfs train (even self training)?
5) is fixed in 31.08.

Random-material Beasts, and military not equipping the commanded uniform are the worst problems in my forts. Keeping the caverns always walled off until bad FBs can be stopped without walls and cave-ins.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 09:14:59 pm »

Well assuming we get the last of the major military bugs ironed out on the next update. I'd like to see my dwarves actually using their own rooms to sleep in, so I can stop using the lame big communal bedroom approach. And various hospital problems getting fixed too.
Pages: [1] 2 3