Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My first titan!  (Read 1962 times)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My first titan!
« on: July 07, 2010, 08:05:31 am »

Hi!

Like the title said I just had my first titan visit my fort today and I thought I'd share the story.

The titan in question is named Egesh Laslemvicu Iquoblasiv and it's a gigantic scaled snail! It has wings and it breathes fire! Scary!
I had never fought a flying creature before so I didn't know what to expect. First thing I did was rally my military near my fort entrance and sound the alarm for my workdwarves to seek shelter.

Anxious as to what this flying snale monstrosity would do I kept a close eye where it was going. It proceeded with climbing a nearby mauntain peak. Or swirming whatever. And then the horror. It jumped off the peak onto the volcano peak where I have the entrance to my fort. It flew down into my living area. I had no idea what to do, all my military have are axes so if this thing would fly around I wouldn't be able to kill it. Worse yet it avoided all my traps and strategic locations to fight it by just flying over my entrance corridor.

But all hope was not lost! See like I said my entrance to my fort is a vertical stairway straight into a volcano. As the damned thing flew over my walls down into my living area at plummeted down into the magmashaft. My military were just standing  there staring at the massive amounts of smoke coming from the crater. One moment I feared the end of my fortress the next I was laughing myself silly at the sheer stupidity of this mighty titan  :D. Boiled snail anyone?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Snukkems

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My first titan!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 08:11:50 am »

It was obviously attempting to make a dramatic entrance by flying down into the magma, and exploding out.

It also obviously forgot that magma is hot.

einstein9073

• Bay Watcher
  • Thus spice intestinally loft Blanka.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 11:15:52 am »

It was obviously attempting to make a dramatic entrance by flying down into the magma, and exploding out.

It also obviously forgot that magma is hot.
It's last words were:
Quote from: Egesh Laslemvicu Iquoblasiv
Who the hell plays with temperature on?
Strike the earth!
Dwarf Fortress: It menaces with spikes of AWESOME.

Jh00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 11:59:24 am »

It's last words were:
Quote from: Egesh Laslemvicu Iquoblasiv
Who the hell plays with temperature on?

LOL!

Cairon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 02:27:29 pm »

Hahaha! that's awesome!

my first titan was no where near as epic... It was a minotaur, he walked through my front door, got caught in a cage. and sat there for the next 13 years... without food or water.
That's no moon...  It's a mountainhome.

blackoutt21

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 03:02:16 pm »

I just had my first titan too. He was entirely made of salt....... he collapsed after one punch.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 03:43:56 pm »

I just had my first titan too. He was entirely made of salt....... he collapsed after one punch.

My first titan was a gigantic humanoid......... Made of Adamantine.  >:(
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

blackoutt21

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 04:03:34 pm »

Jesus......Im guessing that didnt end well?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 04:07:06 pm »

Hahaha! that's awesome!

my first titan was no where near as epic... It was a minotaur, he walked through my front door, got caught in a cage. and sat there for the next 13 years... without food or water.

Thats a semi-megabeast, not a titan.

Anyways, I know theres a flying nematode titan that inhabits the desert that I embarked on, so maybe I'll encounter that sometime, or possibly something else.

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 04:46:15 pm »

One of the five billion ways the RNG can give you the middle finger and take a dump in your dinner.

Shogger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 04:53:20 pm »

My first Titan was made of salt. I was scared at first because of the supposed invulnerability of inorganic megabeasts but after a miner was able to divest it of one of its arms I stopped worrying and had my axedwarves cut it down. Dang thing left salt all over my main gate though.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 07:49:20 am »

Jesus......Im guessing that didnt end well?
Suffice to say, my fortress was destroyed... But I didn't abandon until after the last dwarf died.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

cyks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 08:14:34 am »

My first titan came all over everything after it was sufficiently destroyed.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 09:42:14 am »

now only if I was persistant enough in my fortresses to get to this point where the titans attack.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 10:02:18 am »

In my first one, I think I may have been overzealous in my digging since I got one in the middle of the second year. Anyways, it was a winged humanoid made of grime and filth (which surprisingly, didn't seem to fly, except maybe the occasional short hop as I saw it seemingly dissapear and then reappear a moment later a short distance away) and had deadly spittle. It just wandered around because I had walled off the access to my fort, so I decided to let it in. However, it turned out to be not very deadly as its frozen spittle just got deflected by clothes and the dwarves easily outran it. Even with the help of DFHack and DFliquids, it didn't bring my fort down very quickly, so I reverted back to a previous save and just abandoned from there.

I decided to ditch that world and look for another one, and I've found a world with a spot that I found that is really good.
Pages: [1] 2